It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Will USA vice president-elect bring 'controversy about evolution' into schools in USA??

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   
While checking latest news, this one somehow worries me more then any other ones.

Trump’s vice president, Mike Pence, has a grievous track record on science as well. Pence doubted that smoking causes cancer as late as 2000, is skeptical of climate change, and has said schools should teach the “controversy” around evolution.

Source: www.vox.com...

Are we in for a bit more of dark age??

It would be crazy, but still possible to have Ben Carson, Trumps ally at head of education in USA? (what else brain surgeon who believe Earth is only 6k years old can do?
)
edit on 11-11-2016 by SuperFrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: SuperFrog
I like the idea of teaching the controversy of evolution, that and many other things should be taught, kids are just brain washed in school.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010
I like the idea of teaching the controversy of evolution, that and many other things should be taught, kids are just brain washed in school.

You mean in Sunday schools??

I always felt sorry for kids who had to go there.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Are you really that ignorant?

Pence is a catholic and catholic schools TEACH EVOLUTION THEORY!
edit on 11-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: ware2010

But what is the "Controversy" of Evolution? What do you propose be taught? You should teach the anomalies etc, but evolution is pretty set as a science. It's like gravity. You can't just not teach gravity because a holy book tells you not to.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

No, pence has actually said he disagrees with evolution. It has nothing to do with him being a catholic, it has to do with what he's actually saying.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance

Really??

So you are saying that he did not go to proper catholic school??

www.forbes.com...

Please in future when you make claim like that, support it with that thing... called evidence.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

I grew up in PR back in the my days in school the Catholic church ran the school system, we learned about evolution, plain and simple, we had no problems at all, we learn what a theory was and that's what evolution is.

I always wondered why here in my neck of the woods the school system would not teach evolution to children at all, then I discovered it was because is Southern Baptist territory.

I science is a very valuable topic in schools, I will not like to see somebody nick picking science because of personal believes.

Pence is an evangelical Christian

edit on 11-11-2016 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:50 PM
link   
ben carson head of education!

oh hell no, the guy thinks joseph built the pyramids to store grain ffs.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   
Just wait for when Trump states to the world that he is Christ, 1260 days after his Inauguration Day.

Note he will be 70 Years, 7 months, 7 days on Inauguration Day. 777 is God, Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit.

That day is going to be so much fun watching all non-Christians.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Wow, backwards thinking is going to be rampant come January!!!!!a President who thinks its "dangerous to have a wife in the workforce" to go along with this guy!!!! Good job Trump people!!!! Congratulations!!!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

Thanks for the corection. I confused Trump's VP being catholic with Hillary's catholic VP choice.

Honestly, I never heard of either of them before they were chosen.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I think Pence is the genius who thinks LGBTQ folks can be cured with electroshock therapy too. Hard to believe electroshock therapy is even around anymore, let alone someone thinking gay people need to be cured with it. Good Lord.
If Trump gets impeached & removed, this guy's next in line??

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   
As much as I didn't want Hillary to win, this kind of stuff seriously worried me about trump and trumps right hand choices. They all seem to hold very uneducated views about things such as this.

Going to be a scary next few years for education in America

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Not his VP, but Trump desperately needs to throw a bone to his base. He's going to have to sign the TPP, increase military spending, and even if he gets rid of the EPA the coal industry will die because no-one will retrofit their coal burning plants because they will be afraid that the next administration will ban them. At least he can wreck the educational system to please his supporters.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rapha
Just wait for when Trump states to the world that he is Christ, 1260 days after his Inauguration Day.

Note he will be 70 Years, 7 months, 7 days on Inauguration Day. 777 is God, Jesus Christ and Holy Spirit.

That day is going to be so much fun watching all non-Christians.

Could you interpret those weird ritualistic signs he makes with his tiny little hands when he speaks?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:52 PM
link   
dumb down America - yay.

Putin is laughing his ass off.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
The Buddha used various hand positions--mudras--in particular ways (teaching, bestowing boons, subduing Mara, etc.).

Not sure what Trump's goofy gestures convey, but the speculation could sure get funny....

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ghost147
Going to be a scary next few years for education in America

Already is. Why do you think Trump got elected in the first place?

Un-emeducated

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Deny Arrogance

Me neither, they are new to me, but I will be doing some research on his background soon enough.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join