It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some MPs 'ready to vote against triggering Brexit'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Here they go

Liberal Democrat, some Labour and SDLP MPs have told the BBC they are prepared to vote against triggering Article 50. Lib Dem leader Tim Farron said his party would oppose it, unless they were promised a second referendum on the UK's Brexit deal with EU leaders. Several Labour MPs are also willing to vote against it, despite the Labour Party pledging not to do so. The government says Lib Dem and Labour MPs are "trying to thwart and reverse the referendum result". With the support of Conservative MPs and the support or abstention of most Labour MPs, the bill is well placed to pass through the Commons. But the opposition of some MPs is likely to embolden critics in the House of Lords.

These MP's need to be sacked.

There job is to represent there constituents. That is there job.

Of course if they are the MP of one of the few constituency’s that voted to remain then ok, they would vote remain.

But every other MP is morally obligated to vote leave.

The people voted.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Yes, the people voted - their votes put these MP's in office too. That's democracy.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Fully Concur!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: ForteanOrg

Yes, MP's representing the views of their constituents is democracy in action.
I support that.
I look forward to MP's voting to pass Brexit.

....I remember reading your assertions that the UK would never vote leave as well, bahahah!

edit on 11-11-2016 by TonyDavidson because: spelling

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:50 PM
link   

When I was part of a community threatened with bulldozers I learnt decision makers favour a long, drawn out battle because they get paid for discussing the issue.

Is that what we see here?

These MP's are most likely empty headed banter addicts looking for lucrative blabber-time.

They know in the real world majority opinion works.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:26 PM
link   
For me it wasn't clear what the terms of Brexit would be when we were asked to vote. A question for Brexit voters, what did you expect from Brexit (terms wise) when you placed your vote? Do you feel confident the government will carry this through and how will you hold them to account if they don't?

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Scouse100
For me it wasn't clear what the terms of Brexit would be when we were asked to vote.

The referendum question was clear - leave, or remain a member of the EU. It was binary.

We now expect our politicians to get the best terms.

That's just the way it is.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: paraphi

But what are the best terms? Are the best terms for you the same as the best terms for the politicians? Will you be happy if we end up remaining "by the back door"? Do you think we should have a say?

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I was reading an article in the DM today about Arron Banks who wants to clear out the most corrupt 200 MPs. He's a billionaire and seems to have the will and resources to do it.

Why don't we have our own little campaign here on ATS exposing the shenanigans of our 'representatives'?

Expose these scumbags for what they are and help to get them out of Parliament.

Except perhaps the ones who support Brexit

www.dailymail.co.uk... .html
edit on 15-11-2016 by berenike because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: crazyewok
These MP's need to be sacked.

Ship them off to Brussels. Then they get bombed by returning ISIS terrorists, or shot by Russian soldiers. This way they most certainly will be sacked; in black plastic bags.
edit on 15-11-2016 by Rapha because: Spelling

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Anything that still ties us to EU rules will be a betrayal of the referendum and all who voted to leave.

The fact that remainers are ok with this just goes to show they fail to see the long term implications of allowing those who govern us to overturn our mandate whenever it suits them.

The honest thing to do is to trigger article 50 and leave all institutions and mechanisms of the EU THEN make arrangements for trade, intelligence sharing etc.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

MP's are supposed to represent their constituents. So, if the constituents they represent voted against Brexit, then i would expect their MP's to vote similarly in the Commons.

Similarly though, if MP's are representing constituents who voted for Brexit, then those MP's should vote the same.

This is how Democracy is supposed to work so i see no problem. However, if MP's ignore the will of their constituents then they will not be getting re-elected - simple.

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 05:19 AM
link   

But what are the best terms? Are the best terms for you the same as the best terms for the politicians? Will you be happy if we end up remaining "by the back door"? Do you think we should have a say?

As well as asking the opinions of others, how about you tell us what YOU think?

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: doobydoll

As well as asking the opinions of others, how about you tell us what YOU think?

I think we should respect the vote and come out. I'm not happy letting May sort the terms and there are aspects I think we should be keeping but it's unclear who gets a say in this. I can see it going to an early election.

top topics

join