It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is why we need the Electoral College

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Look people, the electoral college has existed since the 18th century. Go look up a Map from 1800 and tell me it's remotely relevant to today. The only reason this was passed was because states that had less population, but more base economic output felt they could leverage their position politically, and they succeeded. There's nothing else that fits at all.

You can bitch and feel entitled to more than a 1:1 vote, the terrain is entirely different right now, demographically, economically, geographically, and on and on.

This is sheer stupidity to be for the electoral college in the 21st century. Red acting blue, feeling entitled, wanting to control more than their fair share and shove it down the rest of us. Sound familiar? Hypocrisy.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Really kid?

You feel entitled to more than your fair share because people choose to live in a big city and lean a different way than you?

Show me why anyone should respect this belief?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:40 PM
link   
a reply to: SignalMal

You still didn't answer my question that completely refutes what you said. So deny some ignorance and find me some big Red cities and state capitals on that map that I linked.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SignalMal
a reply to: Bloodydagger
Show me why anyone should respect this belief?

The dense city populations wouldn't be able to sustain themselves if it wasn't for the populace living in the more rural parts of the nation that provide much of the food and resources needed for your ungrateful ass.

A symbiotic relationship must exist between the two, as both are vital to each other's existence.

Therefore both should have equal opportunity of influencing their country's future. Population be damned.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join