It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An End to the Mud Pit?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Oh here we go again, Another SJW with the " I dont like it so nobody else can have it" mentality. Look if you dont like the mud pit, Then dont visit the mud pit, It's that simple.

Im curious, Is someone physically making you click on the mud pit forum or are you visiting of your own free will?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: neformore

I never wanted the Mud Pit. I thought it was a terrible idea from Day 1. But I also understood that this election was particularly emotional. But now the election is over and it's time for you Mods to start doing your job again.

Like I did before, pettiness and personal attacks don't exactly promote denying ignorance. When the 9/11 forum for our of control the whip was cracked and the staff became more vigilant. Why was this time different?

Also, Hillary was not my man. I've been eligible to vote for 10 years. In that time I have not cast a single vote for President.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

As I mentioned earlier. I am simply a long time user who thinks the Mud Pit doesn't represent what ATS stand for. If the direction this site has changed over the years that's fine. But maybe they should change their message and motto if they're going to start catering to the same bipartisan bull# that their members have been arguing against for almost 20 years.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcalibur254

Not a bad idea, but nothing's going to heal the divide in the US. Truth is, half the population would prefer to live in a country without the other half in it. And vica versa.

There's no fixing that.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Wow, people have to argue politics and get their jabs in during this thread too?

TF is wrong with some of you?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:11 PM
link   

As a member of this site's staff, do you really think an OP like the one in this thread is consistent with the ideals of ATS? Last I checked a thread actually needs some kind of content. How does a thread like that contribute to ATS in anyway?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

As a member of this site's staff, do you really think an OP like the one in this thread is consistent with the ideals of ATS? Last I checked a thread actually needs some kind of content. How does a thread like that contribute to ATS in anyway?

Thanks for that link, I had somehow missed it now I can star and flag it.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:23 PM
link   

I believe the point was for people to have their rants with a bit of slack on t&c.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
I just post in the Rant section. That's really all the mud pit is anyway. Only difference is the rant posts aren't showing up in the recents today. Maybe that's the norm, just now noticing.
edit on 11-11-2016 by MarkOfTheV because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Fairly sure you can edit which forums show up and which don't.

I enjoy the laments.

I know self-control is nigh impossible.

edit on 11-11-2016 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

There's a Rant forum in the off-topic section of the site.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Lysergic

While it is annoying to see so much pettiness on the Recent topics page, that's not the point I'm trying to make. The point is that the Mud Pit does not jive with ATS' mission statement. So either the Mud Pit should go or ATS should let us know that they're no longer about denying ignorance.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: thesaneone

LOL, I thought it was funny.

We, for sure, need a little laughter now.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Annee

originally posted by: thesaneone

LOL, I thought it was funny.

We, for sure, need a little laughter now.

Absolutely, it's the best medicine.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:04 PM
link   
When I turn on my TV I can pick and choose what I wish to watch by not tuning in to shows I don't like. When I go to a bookshelf to find a book to read, I can choose not to read a book I don't like by simply not opening it's cover. This is no different.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Blaine91555

As a long time user and member of the staff let me ask you a question. Do you think Simon would approve of the Mud Pit?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Here's what I think.

American politics is currently a cess pool.

It has been made a cess pool by the actions of the two major US parties and elements of their supporters.

While politics is a cess pool, there is a need for a mud pit, because otherwise the mess spills over into everything else.

Its a harsh reality but you can ignore the cess pool if you wish, and the mud pit, but its still going to be there until the political system sorts itself out and cleans itself up.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I have to say that I agree, I don't believe the Mud Pit represents what ATS stands for.

When I joined way back in 2008, I made every mistake possible. I swore. I made one liners. I baited people and trolled. I got myself post banned more than a few times, even managed a 3 month ban once.

Anyway, the point is, the strict rules and T&C enforced on me made me change the way I posted. It made me think, it made me more courteous and less prone to letting my temper get the better of me (admittedly I'm still working on that lol). In essence, it enabled me to engage in intellectual discourse that yielded results, rather than just slinging mud at each other. There was no "Mud Pit" back then, I had to learn the hard way.

I understand that times change, and I can even see some of the reasoning behind implementing that forum, but as we are experiencing right now it can get out of hand real fast.

edit on 11/11/2016 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I so MUCH agree with what you just said.

It would be nice to be able to toggle the mud pit on and off, but it should remain as a forum for people to vent ... and in that way, perhaps keep their endless political discourse out of the other forums.

If you close the mud pit, they won't leave, they will just muddy up other places, if you can catch my drift!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: neformore

Here's what I think.

American politics is currently a cess pool.

It has been made a cess pool by the actions of the two major US parties and elements of their supporters.

While politics is a cess pool, there is a need for a mud pit, because otherwise the mess spills over into everything else.

Its a harsh reality but you can ignore the cess pool if you wish, and the mud pit, but its still going to be there until the political system sorts itself out and cleans itself up.

And, even then it should still exist as, there will never be a time when people who view things differently can actually "be cleaned up". It's simply not possible.

I'm a longtime member, and longer-time lurker and I approve of this forum (C) 2016 AB1
edit on 11-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join