It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Trump really wants to MAGA and reach out to the Left - he should fix the the Flint water crisis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: JetBlackStare

Michigan should fix the Flint water crisis. If a Federal entity needs to step in, the level of incompetence has reached critical mass. This is so far from rocket science it's not even funny. The very fact that this happened at all, should be all the indication needed to replace the leadership in the great state of MI. It's damn embarrassing.

I believe that is why Trump/Congress should jump at the chance to fix what the city and state couldn't.
Taking a page from the Democratic playbook. Being the parents taking care of the poor little children that can't manage on their own.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:28 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Except they haven't. And neither have other states. I, for one, would much rather spend my tax dollars here, MAGA, than abroad.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

Because it's in the water.

Look, no one is naive enough to think that industrial pollution will just magically go away but we don't have to just lay down and die either. Your argument is specious. You're essentially saying that we shouldn't even bother because it can't be fully eradicated everywhere. Ridiculous.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Boadicea

originally posted by: Throes
I think I read somewhere that in the Scranton, PA area. Alot of the water tested was worse than Flint, MI. I'll try and dig it up.

I hope you do -- thank you!

Flint has gotten all the attention -- though only once it couldn't be hidden from the public any longer. People need to know that it's not just Flint. And that this happens not just despite all the government regulations, but in large part because of government regulations which protect the guilty.

And both parties are guilty.

The link is here. Central PA tests worse than Flint.

www.google.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

I honestly hate being the one to tell you JetBlackStare but the lead in the water is NOT from industrial pollution. Its there naturally. Mother Nature put it there.

Its everywhere because its a natural heavy metal. Its even in our bodies on the day we are born. It has always been there.

You do have to lay down and take it because it can't be removed from the earth

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Throes

Did you miss the part of the article that states that the source of the lead poisoning is NOT in the water supply. Its old houses painted with old lead paint!

Tired of Control Freaks

posted on Nov, 15 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TiredofControlFreaks

looks like you got your wish

abcnews.go.com...

Michigan won federal approval Monday to spend roughly $119 million over five years to remove lead hazards from the homes of low-income residents in Flint and other communities — the second time the state has received a waiver to spend such additional money to respond to the city's tainted water crisis.

The lead abatement funding will be used to permanently eliminate or enclose lead-based paint and lead dust, replace fixtures, test samples, and remove or cover lead hazards in the soil. In Flint, the program also will include the replacement of exterior lead service lines that connect water mains to homes.

Looks like most of it will be spend to deal with old lead contaminated paint.

Tired of Control Freaks

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join