It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some shot by Children-40 civilians Dead in Mosul Iraqi--One Shot for Using Phone-HUNG FROM POLES

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The Islamic state shot and hung 40 civilians from poles. One of the forty was shot for ignoring the ban of cell phone use.

Bodies hung from electrical poles, through out the city, the city has been occupied since 2014.

The UN is concerned about The Islamic State use of young boys and teenagers in their ranks, there is a video that show children shooting 4 people.

Some of the information was provided by a man who played dead.

So-called Islamic State (IS) shot dead 40 civilians on Tuesday in the northern Iraqi city of Mosul after accusing them of treason, the United Nations says.

Their bodies were then hung from electricity poles in several districts, the office of the UN Human Rights Commissioner said, citing sources.

A man was also reportedly shot dead in public in central Mosul for ignoring an IS ban on using mobile phones.

Iraqi security forces are continuing their push to take Mosul back from IS.

The killings of the civilians appeared to have been carried out on the orders of self-appointed "courts", according to the UN report.

The 40 civilians were accused of "treason and collaboration" and dressed in orange clothes marked in red with the words "traitors and agents of the ISF" (Iraqi Security Forces).

The UN says 20 civilians were also shot dead on Wednesday evening at the Ghabat military base in northern Mosul, supposedly for leaking information.
Image copyright Reuters
Image caption A house used by IS and recaptured by Iraqi forces east of Mosul

The UN also expressed concern at IS's deployment of teenagers and young boys. Children are apparently seen in an IS video issued on Wednesday shooting dead four people for spying.

IS also announced on 6 November that it had beheaded seven militants for deserting the battlefield in the Kokjali district of eastern Mosul, the UN says.

Among the sources cited for the UN's information was a man who played dead during a mass killing by IS fighters.

UN High Commissioner for Human Rights Zeid Raad al-Hussein called for the government to "act quickly to restore effective law enforcement in areas retaken from ISIL [IS] to ensure that captured fighters and their perceived supporters are dealt with according to the law".

Large quantities of ammonia and sulphur, for possible use in chemical weapons, is being stockpiled by IS and stored near civilians, the UN said.

Pro-government forces launched an offensive to retake Mosul last month. The city has been occupied by IS since 2014.

The operation, now into its fourth week, involves some 50,000 Iraqi security forces personnel, soldiers, police, Kurdish Peshmerga fighters, Sunni Arab tribesmen and Shia militiamen.

Troops have reportedly been consolidating gains made in the eastern outskirts of Mosul, which they entered nine days ago amid fierce resistance.

There have also been allegations of atrocities committed by government forces.

Amnesty International reported on Thursday that men dressed in Iraqi federal police uniforms tortured and killed up to six residents of villages south of Mosul for having suspected ties to IS.

The federal police deny involvement.

www.bbc.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This is going to sound terrible, but part of me is expecting that when Iraqi forces enter Mosul, they're going to find nobody left alive, and a massive pile of corpses filling the local soccer stadium.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:44 AM
link   
a reply to: AndyFromMichigan

I fail to understand why the US is going in yet again.
If the UN is supposed to handle this stuff, then let them do it. If we are going to handle this stuff, then let's do it permanently.
I feel very sorry for the people who have had to suffer since the 1990's while the world plays grab a$$ with their very lives. I'm sure 95% + of the people of Iraqi don't want to harm anyone.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: seasonal

No-it had to be some group other than isis.

They are just the JV team-the guy that funds them said so.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: Picklesneeze

That's right, so never mind, all is well. Let's protest Trump.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:55 AM
link   

i've said it before and i'll say it again. the U.S. pulled out of iraq way to soon. they were not ready to govern or protect themselves.

regardless of the reasons of who, what, when, where, illegal, legal, we went in and although a ruthless one, removed a fairly stable regime. we owed and still do the people that were left alive to make sure that they can defend themselves from all threats.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:07 AM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

i've said it before and i'll say it again. the U.S. pulled out of iraq way to soon. they were not ready to govern or protect themselves.

regardless of the reasons of who, what, when, where, illegal, legal, we went in and although a ruthless one, removed a fairly stable regime. we owed and still do the people that were left alive to make sure that they can defend themselves from all threats.

There is a mechanics saying, "you F@-k with it, your stuck with it".

I think this applies.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Like the screen name, made me laugh....

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: seasonal
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

There is a mechanics saying, "you F@-k with it, your stuck with it".

I think this applies.

there's also one saying, if it ain't broke don't fix.
edit on 11-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:24 AM
link   
What an absolute nightmare for the people of Mosul - and everywhere else these monsters managed to overrun, and then to govern (read terrorize).

It is really very unfortunate that:

(a) U.S. foreign policy under Obama and Clinton led to the abandonment of these people (when they had an obligation to ensure a restoration of peace and prosperity for the people of Iraq, after the US deposed Hussein, under Bush)
(b) Obama initially resisted mightily providing any assistance to stop the wholesale slaughter of Shiites and minorities - until the images of the innocent Yazidis under siege on a mountain became optics even he could not resist.
(c) Obama proceeded at an absolute snail's pace in the half-effort to "degrade and ultimately destroy" ISIS in Syria and Iraq.
(d) Iraq and the US announced months in advance that they were preparing an assault to take Mosul back
(e) Now the assault has begun, they are...again...proceeding at a snail's pace.

The ISIS reign of terror could have - and should have - been stopped in its tracks, as soon as they began to take Iraqi territory. Their influence in Syria could have been dealt with immediately afterward.

This is what happens - to innocent men, women and children - when people sit back and let evil run amok. Unless rooted out, and completely destroyed (breaking eggs along the way, unfortunately), evil continues to grow and accelerate.

Before Obama/Clinton, ISIS was a JV-team...during Obama/Clinton they grew exponentially in size, stature and power. They are still murdering people in Iraq and Syria on a daily basis - and in another 128 (or so) Countries around the world.

Hopefully post Obama/Clinton they will become relegated to the footnotes of history...sadly too late for the poor people who ended up swinging from posts in Mosul.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   
a reply to: mobiusmale

I think that Trump said it best, we went to Iraqi, maybe we shouldn't have. But we are there, and we need to finish it.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   

We have murderers in Memphis that are 9,10,11, years old-but we aren't "allowed" to address it because of their race-and any attempt to solve the problem (like holding "parents" accountable for their offspring) is immediately shot down as racist.

My question about the op is-why are we supposed to care about murderous children/terror attacks in other countries,but when it happens here (in the U.S.)-we are supposed to put our heads in the sand and pretend that it doesn't happen?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:16 AM
link   

We have murderers in Memphis that are 9,10,11, years old-but we aren't "allowed" to address it because of their race-and any attempt to solve the problem (like holding "parents" accountable for their offspring) is immediately shot down as racist.

My question about the op is-why are we supposed to care about murderous children/terror attacks in other countries,but when it happens here (in the U.S.)-we are supposed to put our heads in the sand and pretend that it doesn't happen?

Very good question, I agree our back yard is a mess too.

I think the fact that we got involved because of weapons of mass destruction that were located in Iraqi. Of course we know that was not true.
Were we lied to to get us to go in and take care of Saddam because he was no longer going to use the US dollar to sell his oil?
Or did we go in out of the goodness of our hearts?
Or did we go in because of our national interests were threatened?

The fact remains that we rang a bell that can't be unrung. We could just shrug our shoulders and leave it at that.

I can see both sides have very valid points, I would and could support a leave it alone, or let's clean up the mess we were involved in creating.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

I hate to nitpick but the country is called Iraq. The residents are Iraqi. So sorry but I find it irritating. Apart from that, this is a topic that needs to be addressed.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Right, I hope we can get past this.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It sounds so simple "let's stop them before they get strong" begs the question "just who are they"? Daesh members were and are the ordinary man in the street. That's how they survive. Who can pick who is or who isn't.
Now if they wore a uniform (don't say they wave funny flags) and fought they would have been wiped out long ago, but they don't and all they have to do is drop their weapon and they are just a man on the street.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   
a reply to: crayzeed

It sounds so simple "let's stop them before they get strong" begs the question "just who are they"? Daesh members were and are the ordinary man in the street. That's how they survive. Who can pick who is or who isn't. Now if they wore a uniform (don't say they wave funny flags) and fought they would have been wiped out long ago, but they don't and all they have to do is drop their weapon and they are just a man on the street.

We are in a pickle, it is intel on the ground. That is how you decide who dies.....

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Lol, all good brother. :-)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

(You get my humor)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

In the grand scheme of things, we're on the same page. :-)

top topics

join