It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News Obamas skip traditional first couples photo with the Trumps

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:06 AM
link   

What kind of statement does it make to the American public(particularly those rioting) when the president is acting out in a childish way. The long held tradition of Presidential couples having a photograph taken to show a peaceful transition of power has been skipped this time around. Are they trying to enforce and/or escalate the protests? Are they suggesting it shouldn't be peaceful? Worse yet is it suggesting it won't happen? Bush wasn't thrilled about being succeeded by Obama but he still had the photo taken for histories sake. What say you ATS?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   
e reply to: brutus61

That's crap

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: chrismarco
e reply to: brutus61

That's crap

What is crap?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Those were my exact thoughts reading this yesterday evening. This would only serve to escalate or oddly justify the rioting protest occurring at the moment for those whom feel they were wronged in the election process.
And I agree the sitting President is acting like a child by refusing to pose for history. But that's par for the course for such a....anyway.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: brutus61

What kind of statement does it make to the American public(particularly those rioting) when the president is acting out in a childish way. The long held tradition of Presidential couples having a photograph taken to show a peaceful transition of power has been skipped this time around. Are they trying to enforce and/or escalate the protests? Are they suggesting it shouldn't be peaceful? Worse yet is it suggesting it won't happen? Bush wasn't thrilled about being succeeded by Obama but he still had the photo taken for histories sake. What say you ATS?

Classless....

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
a reply to: brutus61

He probably had a very important golf game to attend or something.

Presidents should not act butthurt.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Obamas aditude a reply to: brutus61

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   
MSM spinning this into a Trump/Obama racism issue in 3...2...1...

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Preaches Unity - then snubs the next President and his Wife. Amazing... I hope the left enjoys loosing elections, they have learned nothing apparently.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:19 AM
link   
There were photos of them together. Shaking hands, even. They both publicly said nice things about each other.

This is a non-issue. People should stop talking about it, as it will only cause problems. The more you talk about it, the more it will rile people up. Ignore it and move on.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:21 AM
link   
Maybe Trump asked in private if Obama could start ripping up executive orders.

"Hey, since you're not doing much right now, could you save me some time and rip all those up? I mean, I'm just going to rip them up anyway so it would save me some time."

That's when Obama used the last power he had. No pictures with us!
edit on 11-11-2016 by LifeMode because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Wrong.
The photos are still frame captures from the short video produced in the Oval office.

Tradition is they pose on the steps together and then together with the first ladies on the same steps.

But hey we've all watched you spin everything to your false reality.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   
a reply to: Floridagoat

Photos, video - whatever. Obama didn't refuse to shake his hand did he? Michelle didn't refuse to serve Melania tea did she?

Am I wrong about their public statements regarding the meeting?

The spin is, that this will cause a civil war in the U.S. Get over yourselves.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Obama's " Wife " wears the trousers

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
We could ignore all of our problems but it has never made any of mine go away. If it is such a non issue then why not take the TRADITIONAL photo?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: kibric

You mean Micheal.....erm Michelle?

The only first lady that we've ever had that was built like a linebacker?

Every time I see a picture of her, I can't help but look for the adams apple.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

The only first lady that we've ever had that was built like a linebacker?

bwhahahaha

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:32 AM
link   
He didn't opt out because he wanted, but because it was a function after the meeting at the white house with Trump and the meeting took 1 hour too long.

It was in the news you people he meet with the Cavaliers right after the meeting in At the White house, the Cavaliers were there already too.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Floridagoat
a reply to: kaylaluv

Wrong.
The photos are still frame captures from the short video produced in the Oval office.

Tradition is they pose on the steps together and then together with the first ladies on the same steps.

But hey we've all watched you spin everything to your false reality.

That is so true.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: marg6043
He didn't opt out because he wanted, but because it was a function after the meeting at the white house with Trump and the meeting took 1 hour too long.

It was in the news you people he meet with the Cavaliers right after the meeting in At the White house, the Cavaliers were there already too.

Two minutes for a photograph would have made a big difference how as compared to not taking the two minutes?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join