It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huffington Post: The Electoral College Was Designed to Prevent Trump...Make This Happen.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: CranialSponge
But 2+ days is pretty dang long, if you ask me...

I agree, it would be nice to have the complete tally quicker.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

I am somewhat puzzled why California and Washington are so behind.

I think they want the drama to play out for as long as possible.

Mark my words, this popular vote issue is completely orchestrated. I do not have the confidence everyone else seems to have that it won't be used to justify faithless electors. Nope. They play dirty games that help them hijack our election systems.

People need to be out on the street demanding we strictly use well-designed paper ballots.

Remember how the media endlessly mocked punchcard ballots and butterfly ballots, after the 2000 election? They convinced us that paper ballots were terrible and we had to move towards electronic voting machines. Those machines cannot be recounted...they can be audited but the totals will never change.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
FTR, I voted for Johnson but was so, so happy Hillary lost.

My candidate got crushed. But I was really more concerned about the local and state candidates/issues.

i saw that post. Didn't know what to say about it, so I kept my mouth shut.

i voted for Johnson, you voted with yours.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: AndyFromMichigan
I'd say "sedition" is a fair description. They are literally calling for the democratic process to be overthrown.

It doesn't matter what the Huff says, it's up to the electoral college to cast their votes.

However should a group of 'faithless' electors decide to cast their votes for another, there's nothing can be done about it. As it has already been discussed, electors are free agents, and can do as they wish, same as any other voter.
They can though be fined by their state if they break their pledge, but that's it.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:08 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

No, it is not. Not everyone votes so they are not heard. If there are 5 million in California why do they have more say than 100 thousand in Oklahoma lets say. It was designed that an area could not grow so large that candidates would only go to those places and could care less about everyone else.

When it works for the Progressives it is ok. When it does not it is declared unconstitutional. I am not even using party designations anymore as those were lost this cycle. The core of the DNC and RNC lost to what I consider an independent.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
i saw that post. Didn't know what to say about it, so I kept my mouth shut.

i voted for Johnson, you voted with yours.

It knows what's best for me.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

lol.

Well, it was still a better choice than Hillary and Trump, so...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:27 AM
link   
The electoral college works. I can only hope he's in prison before he's sworn in.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   
a reply to: Kali74

You don't really want Pence to be POTUS, do you????

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I made a thread on this last night.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Judging by the flags and stars I don't think anyone wanted to believe it.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

No I think he's worse. I'm hoping for a take down of the whole team. Not holding my breath though.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

I starred and flagged. I see what you are seeing.

I think we have been set up.

edit on 11-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:50 AM
link   
We need to get one of those petition, the liberals like, going to hold media accountable for the obvious election/coverage bias and race baiting. Media has added soo much fuel to the racial/election tension over the past year. They need to be held accountable for their part in all of this. I bet we get more signatures than the silly electoral college one.

Edit :the electoral college was designed to prevent situations like we are currently in. It's there to prevent one candidate Clinton from just campaigning in heavily populated cities, ignoring the rest of the country and winning. Which is essentially what Clinton did.

A pure democracy doesn't work and did not work. Our forefathers knew that and that's why we have the electoral college.

edit on 11-11-2016 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:03 PM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

Yea, true, but the US isn't a Democracy. Its a Republic.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: marg6043

I entirely agree with you. Problem is its extremely difficult to explain the function and importance of the Electoral College.

I sometimes think that the founders came up with the EC to avoid a tyranny of a majority which can happen with a "Democracy" or "Direct Democracy".

Republics are difficult to understand.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Actually it was designed to prevent Hillary's and having a few big cities with immigrants control the nation of industry and farmlands.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Unity_99

This video explains it very well.

youtu.be...

Someone please embed this.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

It is, it may look unfair to the loser team when their candidate is the one that won the popular vote, but it becomes fair when their candidates are in the winning site.

We all go into this type of discussion every election, the reason the Democrats always seems to get win the popular vote is thanks to California, that is always democrat.

So we can not allow one state to dictate the winning president of the nation.

We are a Republic after all.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: PlasticWizard
Here is your video

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:07 PM
link   
a reply to: MotherMayEye

So in other words, the only states that need to vote are CA and NY, and the rest of the country can just suck egg?

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join