It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Huffington Post: The Electoral College Was Designed to Prevent Trump...Make This Happen.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:46 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueBrit

There are a million signatures on the petition. There are somewhere between 300,000,000-350,000,000 people living in this country. 1,000,000 / 350,000,000 = .0028 or .28%, .33% at the most.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:47 AM
link   
a reply to: Profusion

They couldn't foresee the kinds of multinational megaconglomerate corporations, and things like the Toob.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Khaleesi
Do you really think it is best for the country to ignore that half the population voted for the candidate that won?

She did not get half of the vote. No one did.

Yes, I was speaking in generalities. But I do get your point.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:49 AM
link   

If I was in their position, I would vote as my state voted and I would have a clear conscience, even if it had been for Hillary.

On that point, the electoral college voters are generally diehard party loyalists in order to prevent the type of ridiculousness being discussed here from happening.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Yes, I was speaking in generalities. But I do get your point.

Then you understand that for her to win she would have had to won the appropriate number of state-level popular elections, the overall national vote is not a determiner and this is the 5th time that this has occurred where the President Elect did not get the national popular vote.

This is not going to change at the Federal level.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:55 AM
link   
Huffington Post is most certainly one of the most dangerous sources of media today. Highly liberal and conglomerate-owned, one of their main contributing "authors" is none other than Lynn de Rothschild herself.

Every single article featuring Trump in the last few months has had the most biased footnotes I've ever seen in journalism. It did not matter who wrote the article. An editor's note such as this would be at the bottom of it:
"Editor’s note: Donald Trump regularly incites political violence and is a serial liar, rampant xenophobe, racist, misogynist and birther who has repeatedly pledged to ban all Muslims — 1.6 billion members of an entire religion — from entering the U.S."

These are the exact touchstone phrases I've been seeing all over people's FB posts and we wonder how the propaganda gets through? One would think that those highly upset over the election would put two and two together when seeing the phrase repeated verbatim on all their friend's posts too. Yet they do not.

This paragraph alone supports the globalist agenda I've mentioned in my own post:

"Once you have written letters, the next step is to agitate loudly for just this solution. The nation must see rallies, marches, blogs and editorials. Let these electors know that you’re on their side, that you will support them in what would be unquestionably a courageous act. An act of heroism. Even though votes are cast anonymously, electors will likely be threatened and slandered as a group. But patriots have withstood worse. Trump supporters will scream; there will likely be violence, and perhaps riots. But these people did not write the Constitution; they do not get to rewrite it; and they are bound by it. It will not be civil war. Genuine Trump supporters are a minority within a minority; they will be opposed by genuine Republicans, as well as Libertarians, Democrats, and Greens. They will lose. Occupy the Constitution. The alternative is unthinkable."

They're calling for more violence and even bloodshed. THIS is what will bring the civil unrest leading up to martial law and they KNOW it. Do not fall for their tricks!
edit on 11-11-2016 by gottaknow because: A little formatting for clarity.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:56 AM
link   
You know what's such BULL#!?

These same young people and democrats who are righteously opposed to foreign wars and injustice abroad, are willing to subvert the free and open democratic process at home - to the point of taking to the streets to fight their fellow Americans and destroy their property.

Just straight up hypocritical dumbassery.

link   
Well, if you want a Civil War on your hands, then yeah, lets go ahead and block Trump. Because blocking Trump will cause the chasm in this country to get even wider. Do Millennials and Liberals even understand that? Its the wrong time and place for that to happen. This country is a ticking timebomb of unrest as we speak. Blocking Trump would pretty much be lighting the fuse of civil war. Have fun with that.

link   
This is how most modern democratic countries are set up. To win you need the most seats/zones/areas/states. Sometimes this kind of result happens but it is still a valid result.
Both sides agree to play by the rules and accept the result, that is that. Hillary simply didn't win enough of an even spread around the country and lost. They are the rules.
They can change the rules if both sides agree and change electoral laws if they choose but that won't effect this election.
They can make legal challenges under the US constitution and that will be settled in a court of law but won't succeed most probably, the result is legal and stands bad luck try again next time...
edit on 11-11-2016 by JimTSpock because: typo

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:59 AM
link   
If it's in the Constitution, then I suppose it's 'constitutional".

But the mood of the country is belligerent and volatile. I think to make this move would be a very bad decision with alarming results.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:00 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

You are contradicting yourself. If that is what you want, why are you promoting attempts to circumvent the will of the people, as recently declared in the electoral process established by law?

The electoral college is not the will of the people the popular vote is the will of the people.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010
The electoral college is not the will of the people the popular vote is the will of the people.

And the individual popular votes of each state determines the vote of the Electoral College.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Clinton did not win the populous vote. Voter fraud and illegal’s constituted over a million votes for Clinton.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010
In a country with a legally established electoral process, "the will of the people" is, for practical purposes, what emerges out of the valid application of that process. In this case, what emerged was a majority of the electoral college going to Trump.
"The will of the people" by any other definition has no relevance.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:04 AM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

But the mood of the country is belligerent and volatile. I think to make this move would be a very bad decision with alarming results.

The reason why the nation is so belligerent and volatile is because once again a Republican won by electoral votes and not by getting the popular vote.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   
It's over. Done.

Get used to it.

We are pissed off.

And we *vote*.

Expect us.

We are not going away.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:07 AM
link   

a reply to: angeldoll

The reason why the nation is so belligerent and volatile is because once again a Republican won by electoral votes and not by getting the popular vote.

I'm not saying it doesn't need to be changed. I think we would be living in a different world if Al Gore had been President.
A much safer and healthier world.

I am saying I'm not sure now is the time to make changes.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:08 AM
link   

a reply to: DISRAELI

You are contradicting yourself. If that is what you want, why are you promoting attempts to circumvent the will of the people, as recently declared in the electoral process established by law?

You better Write a Letter to Al Gore and Inform him of that , I am Sure he will " Feel Your Pain " and Move On .......

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   
So you would be perfectly fine with 2 or 3 cities making the decision for the entire United State?

Maybe you are but I'm not. Luckily our forefathers were smarter than you!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:10 AM
link   

We don't know for sure who got the popular vote yet and even when it comes out you would really need a recount of every single vote to ensure that it's correct.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join