It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea is a Pentagon Vassal State

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:06 AM
link   
When it comes to geopolitics I'm a fan of F. William Engdahl, but his recent take on North Korea got my mind spinning and I'm still processing his article.

If it weren’t for the fact that he is absolute dictator of a country with a formidable army and nuclear missile technology, North Korean President Kim Jong Un, the 290 pound, 32 year-old ruler would be a clown figure. Unfortunately for world peace, Kim Jong Un, while he is playing games with his rockets and threats of war, is serving the long-term interests of the USA, especially the military industrial complex, the Pentagon and State Department, whose priority increasingly is to make an Asia Pivot of military power projection to contain and isolate the Peoples’ Republic of China as well as Russia.

In the end of the 1990’s I had the chance occasion to have a chat with the late James R. Lilley. Lilley was at the Davos World Economic Forum and by chance had sat at my dinner table together with a delegation from the China Peoples’ Liberation Army. As I was the only westerner at the table he struck up a conversation, and as he saw I was more than conversant in global politics, he began talking, perhaps more than he should have with one he did not know.

James R. Lilley was no outsider. A member, together with his close friend, George H.W. Bush, of the infamous Yale University Skull & Bones secret society, Lilley served some three decades at the CIA along with Bush. Both Lilley and Bush were US Ambassadors to China.

Lilley’s term in Beijing coincided with the May-June 1989 Tiananmen Square student protests. I have reason to believe he played the key US role in orchestrating that clash between thousands of protesting students and the Chinese government as one of Washington’s early Color Revolution attempts to destabilize communist China simultaneously with the CIA’s role in destabilizing the Soviet Union.

At the time of Tiananmen protests, the man who developed the handbook for color revolutions, Gene Sharp, of the Albert Einstein Institute, was in Beijing until the Chinese told him to leave, and George Soros’ Chinese NGO, the Fund for the Reform and Opening of China, after Tiananmen, was banned when Chinese security services found that the fund had links to the CIA.

This background is important to better situate who Lilley was – a consummate insider of the George Bush CIA “deep state” networks that try to remake the world to their liking. In our Davos talk, Lilley told me he had been furious at President G.H.W. Bush in the aftermath of Tiananmen for refusing to make a stronger denunciation of the Beijing government, that, for a massacre that he knew never took place.

In the event, in our Davos discussion we touched on events in Asia and the ongoing focus by Washington on North Korea’s nuclear program. Unexpectedly, Lilley made a remarkable statement to me. He said, “Simply put, at the end of the Cold War, if North Korea didn’t exist we would have to create it as an excuse to keep the Seventh Fleet in the region.” Shortly before our Davos discussion North Korea had launched a missile over Japan, causing huge anxieties across Asia.

Source

With my spotty education in Asian history, much less Korea's history, in order to make sense of it, I have to delve deeper into Korea's history way back in the late 1800's paying more attention to Japan's role in shaping of what Korea is today more than the roles of the U.S., Russia and China. I will post whatever I found later.

Do you agree to Engdahl's take on North Korea? There is an intriguing 3 year old thread by kenpachi7 here that North Korea doesn't exist which is worth revisiting.

edit on 09 11 2015 by MaxTamesSiva because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxTamesSiva

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99
Thanks, I'll watch it later.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: MaxTamesSiva

I really liked the read, thank you for sharing that. Engdahl seems to be quite intelligent.

I also found the other thread you linked fascinating as well. I find it's author's claims plausible.

I will link my own information based thread about North Korea.
You should read through it because I bring up a lot of diverse topics and use sources to back up my claims.

I basically wanted to challenge everyone's MSM based perspectives and beliefs about North Korea in general and see how deeply ingrained the media propaganda really was. I discovered that it's unbelievably difficult to challenge despite using powerful arguments and valid concrete sources.

My thread about NK

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:38 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash
Wow! thanks. I feel even more swamped right now, way over my daily reading quota.

Here's what I found, Japan being a staunch ally of the US in Asia literally raped, plundered and pillaged Korea, not to mention the assasination of Queen Min.

During the night of October 7, 1895, thirty Japanese assassins forced their way into Korea’s royal palace in Seoul. Bursting into the queen’s private quarters, they cut down two ladies-in-waiting and cornered Queen Min. When the Minister of the Royal Household tried to shield her, a swordsman slashed off both his hands. The defenseless queen was stabbed and slashed repeatedly, and carried wailing out to the palace garden where she was thrown onto a pile of firewood, drenched with kerosene, and set aflame. An American military advisor, General William Dye, was one of several foreigners who heard and saw the killers milling around in the palace compound with drawn swords while the queen was burned alive. Japan declared that the murders were committed by “Koreans dressed as Japanese in European clothes” — a gloss greeted with ridicule by the diplomatic community. According to the British minister in Tokyo, Sir Ernest Satow, First Secretary Sugimura of the Japanese legation in Korea led the assassins.

The grisly murder of Queen Min was a turning point in Japan’s effort to gain control of Korea. Her husband King Kojong was a weakling, controlled by the queen’s faction, who were allied with China against Japan. Once the queen was dead, the Japanese could easily control the king, and put an end to Chinese interference.

Gold Warriors: How America Secretly Recovered Yama#a's Gold by Sterling & Peggy Seagrave (Behind the Mask, Chapter 1, Page 21)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: MaxTamesSiva
Thanks, I'll watch it later.

It's definitely an interesting documentary into NK. As far as the conspiracy side, ehh i think NK is just a crazy ass state.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:59 AM
link   
essentially, the are the current convenient boogey man that justifies our military.

see no reason to doubt that.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:05 AM
link   
It could be much crazier than we thought. First let's make a few dot-connections starting with Kim Jong Un's education- why in Europe, International School in Gümligen and Liebefeld Steinhölzli school in Köniz in particular? Why did Kim Jong-il, a nominal communist sent the apple of his eye to Europe? It's like a Protestant parent sending his kid to a Catholic school or maybe even a learning institution for Muslims. Why not China or Cuba?

Second, from muzzleflash' thread:

... if the legend of the Chŏnju Kim is true, his family is the descendants of King Gyeongsun of Silla.
Are the Kims the only surviving members of the Korean royalty?

Third, if the Royal House of Gojoseon dates back more than 2,000 years ago, just imagine the treasures the Gojoseons have amassed all those years which again according to the Seagraves' book The Gold Warriors:

The conquest of Korea was Japan’s first experiment in foreign plunder on an industrial scale.
Most likely, the bulk of it was already sent to Japan before the end of WW2, which brings us to the fourth point- the remaining Japanese loot from the rest of Asia that end up buried in the islands of the Philippines and Indonesia which eventually fell in the hands of the Americans, well part of it at least. It is speculated that a portion of Yama#a's treasure are still buried in different parts of the Philippines and Indonesia.

This might be interesting, Klaus Dona, known for his OOPART research did a bit of hush-hush digging in La Union (if I'm not mistaken) in the Philippines around the time of the presidential election campaign period. Here's the link to his pic at Caba.

Fifth, this Japanese loot in addition to the Nazi loot that also fell in the hands of the US under President Truman became the secret slush fund to it's own geopolical agenda and source to fund the deep black technological projects, i.e. UFOs? (Joseph P. Farrell's Covert Wars and Breakaway Civilization, Part 1, Chapter 4- The Lily, The Looting & Landsdale: The Murky History of a Covert Slush-Fund for Covert Activities, pp. 119 to 134).

Remember this Korean War Battlefield UFO Encounter?

a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
I should've started this thread on the Gray Area or the General Conspiracy Forum, but what the heck, North Korea as America's Asian boogeyman reminds me of Carol Rosin's testimony.

posted on Jul, 19 2019 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Surprised nobody has revived this particular topic given Trump's apparent and supposed changing relationship with the Northerners...

Then again, the Northerners tend to muck around with a rinse and repeat strategy.

Threaten to continue tests;
(Probably act fire off a few missiles - into an ocean or something);
Be (temporarily) appeased;
Resulting lull in test activity;
Even appear to want to make peace.

Rinse and repeat and so on and so forth.

EDIT: Sometimes, I can't actually tell whether the Northerners are a vassal state of the People's Republic (of China) or of the United States (of America)...
edit on 19-7-2019 by AnakinWayneII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2019 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AnakinWayneII
After almost 3 years, I still can't make sense of it. One of the basic questions that isn't clear to me is who helped North Korea get its nuclear weapons? So I did a bit of digging...

It was China under Mao who refused to help North Korea after successfully testing their first nuclear bomb in 1964. The former USSR helped Kim Il Sung get started by giving most of the technical assistance as far back as the 1950's, China at this point were only giving very little technical assistance. It was Pakistan who helped North Korea in the 1990's to early 2000s after Gaddafi gave up his clandestine centrifuge program. On October 2006, North Korea conducted its first nuclear test.

For the details, here are the sources:
nti.org
news.usni.org
A Comprehensive History of North Korea’s Nuclear Program and Lessons Learned (pdf)

Nothing weird about Communist Russia helping North Korea in the 1950's, but why was China not as enthusiastic as the USSR in helping Kim Il Sung? Why did Pakistan helped North Korea? Who was behind the Pakistani nuclear program, what country helped them?

The rabbit hole goes even deeper when we look at the testing of atom and hydrogen bombs around the world...

top topics

join