It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To everyone who did not vote for Trump.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   
It seems ATS has become infested with gloating, arrogance and a desire to "kick the loser" by many Trump supporters - not all, but there are many. They are doing this to get a rise out of the rest of us, to incite more hatred and, quite frankly, for their own general amusement.

We must not respond to this any more. I am guilty of biting back, but after a while I realised that it's just making it worse - that we are playing into their agenda by responding.

Please, I implore those who are the targets of this vitriol, ignore it totally. Don't respond, don't even give them the time of day. When enough of them realise that they are literally talking to brick walls then they will go away - and leave ATS to the rest of us who wish only to have an intelligent and civil discussion about the events surrounding this election.

I know it's tough to ignore it, trust me I've been gritting my teeth for 2 days now but this needs to stop. Nothing we have said or done has lessened the vitriol and hatred and gloating, so perhaps we should try something new.

Ignore them.

+14 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Kryties

I've been trying that method for the past 8 years with extreme liberals. Olive branches, compromises, facts etc, it seems to not have done any good.

I wish you the best in your efforts of course.

I don't count myself as a gloater or arrogance stricken but it is still no free for all for the Trump supporters here. It is an open forum and with that comes different viewpoints. It's not to much to ask for courtesy but reprisal from snark is to be expected.

edit on 11-11-2016 by JinMI because: (no reason given)

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

I appreciate your sentiment. I do.

But I question allowing the echo chamber to be less full of dissenting voices than it ought to be, at a time when there ought to be no such chamber, when it is more vital than ever that we deny ignorance as loudly as possible.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

I wish you the best in your efforts of course.

Thankyou, I know it's an uphill battle.

It is an open forum and with that comes different viewpoints. It's not to much to ask for courtesy but reprisal from snark is to be expected.

I just don't think a "viewpoint" needs to be expressed in the way so many want to express it - through vitriol and hatred and "kicking the loser".

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:15 AM
link   
No kicking. We will all be better off with populist trump wether you realize it yet or not.

we are all losers to almost 30 years corrupt government selling us out bit at a time.

now if you want corruption and pedos running the show...... yeah i might kick you while your down. maybe encourage you to think about what your supporting a little more.

I want to see this populace turn around. i am tired of seeing families suffering and being cornered into entitlements due to the corruption of government crooks. America is better than that. Americans are better than that.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: TrueBrit

But I question allowing the echo chamber to be less full of dissenting voices than it ought to be, at a time when there ought to be no such chamber, when it is more vital than ever that we deny ignorance as loudly as possible.

Voices of dissent I have no issue with. The delivery of said dissent, however, defines the difference between a courteous and respectful human being and one that only wants to perpetuate hatred.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   
True liberty is a discipline to govern one's self. Not to do as the hell you please. You can only fail yourself.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: agenda51

America is better than that. Americans are better than that.

Are they not also better than to kick the loser while they are down, gloating and spreading vitriol?

+26 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:24 AM
link   
It was bad enough being a Trump supporter and constantly being called idiot, racist, sexist, homophobe, islamaphobe on a daily basis for over a year, especially in the weeks leading up to the election.

Can you imagine this board if the shoe was on the other foot?

Sorry, but your getting no sympathy from me. Reap what you sow.

edit on 11-11-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:25 AM
link   

toughen up. Patriotic Americans have been getting raped and crapped on the last 28 years and especially the last 8 years being labelled terrorists and everything else because they believed in the constitution, served in the military, owned guns, or are a christian. Of course they are going to kick down the ideas of pseudo progressives. Heck... we almost just had hillary Clinton become president while she is under FBI investigation and spouting complete fabrications about Russia.

People are not going to be nice all the time when dealing with stupidity. Those in denial just need to smarten up and toughen up. No good american wants to watch other good americans suffer. Thats why the populace finally woke up and voted for a wrecking ball like trump.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:26 AM
link   
We can start by ignoring the baiting that may appear in this thread.

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Konduit
It was bad enough being a Trump supporter and constantly being called idiot, racist, sexist, homophobe, islamaphobe on a daily basis for over a year, especially in the weeks leading up to the election.

Can you imagine this board if the shoe was on the other foot?

Sorry, but your getting no sympathy from me. Reap what you sow.

Exactly, funny how short some people's memory's are.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:30 AM
link   
a reply to: thesaneone

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   

It's sad that the voices of civil progress in America are so disheartened and depressed that our biggest advocates are coming from fine gents overseas such as yourself.

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:43 AM
link   

when it is more vital than ever that we deny ignorance as loudly as possible.

I accept your challenge.

Your statement I quoted is ignorant and I deny it.
I shall explain why as succinctly as possible.

It is not more vital than ever to deny ignorance.
Denying ignorance has always been vital, and the time frame or era is irrelevant to that pursuit.

Yesterday it was vital we deny ignorance, and today it is equally as vital. There is no increasing degree, it has always been equally "vital" at all times. Not "somewhat vital, less vital, more vital, super vital" etc.

Your ignorance has been denied.
And I know you loved me doing that.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Nonsense, the left are the only ones doing the kicking. Gloating is harmless.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Thankyou for your opinion.

I respectfully disagree.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:49 AM
link   
let us not forget how well the victors treated the Tea Party once upon a time.

+1 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
The reality of it..

Who has been doing all the kicking here exactly?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:51 AM
link   
The GOP/Republicans declared total war 8 years ago and took the gloves off.

The Democrats, however, refused to acknowledge this.

I think what we are seeing right now is what we saw when the Tea Party was born. Frustrated liberals angry at their party and their nation. They've had crap thrown on them by an obstructionist Republican party for 8 years, and now they're finally standing up and saying, "NO. Not in MY country. Not anymore."

Winning isn't possible when your opposition has long since declared a Scorched Earth policy, and it appears some Democrats have awoken to this fact. A little late in my opinion, but I digress...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join