It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police declare Portland anti-Trump protest a 'riot'

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: mr-lizard
Can someone enlighten me?

I distinctly remember Trump encouraging his voters to 'fight the vote' should it ago against him.

So why are all the Trump supporters so against the democrats fighting the vote because it went against them?

Surely fair is fair, right?

Please post a link where Trump said this i missed it. I saw the one where he asked his people to monitor the elections to prevent fraud. So thank you in advance for the link.

PS I looked and couldn't find anything except a tweeter feed that made up a story.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:36 AM
link   
If CNN airs one more man-on-the-street interview with a shaky-voiced, teary-eyed millennial I will start my own riot.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: Noncents
I've been glued to this the past few hours but sleep for work tomorrow calls...

This was barely about Trump and more about agitating the riot cops whom, I can't believe I'm even saying this, I think handled it incredibly well for most of the night. They warned the people, repeatedly, they were ignored and provoked further. When they moved it was block by block, restoring order to their streets.

There was a guy that took a bat to a power box, they destroyed cars and building windows. At one point they were literally burning paper in the street, throwing things at the cops and yelling the cops to shoot them. Look, you don't throw things at riot cops or tell them to shoot you then cry foul when you get hurt. These people lack basic common sense.

This started off as a BLM protest. I remember the BLM guy that was tweeting a while back about getting martial law instituted so Obama wouldn't have to leave office... Trump is just an excuse for some of these people. This isn't just grassroots protesting, it reminded me of the Occupy day of action.

While the crowd chanted "Our streets"... No, they belong to everyone and not everyone agrees with this kind of behavior. If they keep it up this is going to get ugly for them. But that's clearly what they're after.

This is a great description of what I witnessed. I would like to add when they started the fire in the streets, a protester off camera told them to stop, and "we don't do that, this is a peaceful protest" but the two main dudes I saw didn't care.

Edit to add pic : dude with the helmet and knee pads. Had a gas mask on later in the feed. Who comes to a protest with a gas mask? The new guy kept referring to the guys in them "anarchist". At one point I heard helmet guy yell at sign guy telling him to go home. Then they were riot buddies.. It was chaos.

files.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 11-11-2016 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2016 by PlasticWizard because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: PlasticWizard

originally posted by: Noncents
I've been glued to this the past few hours but sleep for work tomorrow calls...

This was barely about Trump and more about agitating the riot cops whom, I can't believe I'm even saying this, I think handled it incredibly well for most of the night. They warned the people, repeatedly, they were ignored and provoked further. When they moved it was block by block, restoring order to their streets.

There was a guy that took a bat to a power box, they destroyed cars and building windows. At one point they were literally burning paper in the street, throwing things at the cops and yelling the cops to shoot them. Look, you don't throw things at riot cops or tell them to shoot you then cry foul when you get hurt. These people lack basic common sense.

This started off as a BLM protest. I remember the BLM guy that was tweeting a while back about getting martial law instituted so Obama wouldn't have to leave office... Trump is just an excuse for some of these people. This isn't just grassroots protesting, it reminded me of the Occupy day of action.

While the crowd chanted "Our streets"... No, they belong to everyone and not everyone agrees with this kind of behavior. If they keep it up this is going to get ugly for them. But that's clearly what they're after.

This is a great description of what I witnessed. I would like to add when they started the fire in the streets, a protester off camera told them to stop, and "we don't do that, this is a peaceful protest" but the two main dudes I saw didn't care.

Ant protest will also bring out anarchists and they don't care what the cause is as long as they can run wild on the streets. They will join any march and try to crank up the violence. Difference is in the old days the police would just move in and take them to jail. But in light of bad press police are unwilling to take a tough stance. And frankly this plays right in to the anarchists hands.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

They were picking them off one by one. At first their was a lot and each push they'd snag on or two, catch a couple with mace, rubber bullets, pepper balls. They are smart tho and run back as soon as the gas gets tossed. It's taking them a while to get them. It definitely looks like they've done it before.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Time for arrests and jail.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:49 AM
link   
I would bet that George Soros has money in these riots.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:14 AM
link   
If these rioting protesters were truly organized, they would be opening offices in low income areas to help people that are actually being oppressed. Start a soup kitchen, a resale shop, a daycare, something that will be positive, not destructive. They would get some lawyers involved, start drafting letters and bills to submit, get people on the phones and going door to door with leaflets, develop an online presence, produce some you tube videos and advertising, start a new political party, write some uplifting songs even and start generally helping the communities they feel are being threatened.

They all need to burn a fatty and chill out while they brainstorm and think up a plan that might really work. They need to get back to their roots and review the communist manifesto and read "Rules for Radicals" written by Saul Alinsky, put on a suit and tie and try to change the system from within one right wing organization at a time. What a waste of time, money and effort just to give themselves a bad reputation in front of the whole world, truly pathetic.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

In all fairness, is Jewish counted as "white"?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:10 AM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

You can't blame them for being pissed, but do you excuse them for their current actions? This is the city I was born in and I guarantee a good number of the children down there aren't even from the state. I'm sick of it.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
all rioters and looter should be shot on sight

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: MiddleInitial

You can't blame them for being pissed, but do you excuse them for their current actions? This is the city I was born in and I guarantee a good number of the children down there aren't even from the state. I'm sick of it.

I say if you want to protest that way, protest that way. It's not the way I would do things, but far be it from me to judge anyone for what they feel is appropriate at this time.

I think people are going to be shocked when they find out the safe-space seeking scared liberal narrative has been a lie. You have no idea of the monster that just awoke.
edit on 11-11-2016 by underwerks because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

"If you want to protest that way, by all means, go ahead and riot." Am I misinterpreting what you're saying?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: Cygnis
So voting for a white male gives rise to "white supremacy"?

Did these people not realize their messiah Bernie was WHITE?

How about the usurper and second choice, HIllary, is she not WHITE TOO?

If you think that Trump's contribution to white supremacists is his skin color, you haven't been paying attention.

You can't think of any differences between Trump and Bernie Sanders besides skin color? Nothing? Like maybe how one used to get arrested while fighting for civil rights while the other is fully supported by the KKK?

People don't hate Trump because he's white. They hate him because he's an asshole.

Oh, so you expected Bernie to come hold your hand, personally, and tell you everything is going to be all right?

Saudi Arabia was supporting Hillary, SA is the WORST human rights violator in the world (China doesn't post their inter-dealings), and somehow they hold the seat of power in the UN human rights

Up is down, left is right, your head is in the clouds.. I suggest you check yourself, before you wreck yourself. KKK hasn't done anything violent in a long time, and is pretty much just a meme these days.. . Hillary also has the backing of the New Black Panther party, which has done violence on people, so does that make her better?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Agreed. The conservatives have had a fun time mocking the liberal-minded people in America, telling themselves over and over how "weak" they are. It felt good, just like how a bully mocks others to build their own self esteem.

I think on a macro (large) scale, this isn't just about left/right or liberal/conservative ... although that is how it is being played out.

I think this is about how EVERYONE wants to buck the system. Both liberals, conservatives, independents and undecideds. Everyone is angry. Everyone wants to rebel.

Yes, some of these people have different reasons...but I think if you zoom out and carefully examine things, you'll find an overwhelming feeling of powerlessness.

Folks on both sides of the political spectrum feel powerless in this country. And this makes the people angry.

And the people can only bottle up their anger for so long...

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   

"If you want to protest that way, by all means, go ahead and riot." Am I misinterpreting what you're saying?

Not at all. Right, left, if you feel the need to riot, have at it. Just be prepared for the consequences. We all make our own decisions.

I also believe during a riot store and property owners should be able to protect their property with any force necessary.

What I don't believe in is sitting in judgment of someone else and what they believe.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I would bet that George Soros has money in these riots.

Place your bets here :

PROOF that protests are being led by Soros funded group 'United We Dream'

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

a reply to: Cygnis

In all fairness, is Jewish counted as "white"?

That depends on how much color your wanting to see.

Saw black people say he's white, for them that is enough..

But perspective is everything, I wager?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Just be prepared for the consequences. We all make our own decisions.

(I hope I'm using the quotation function properly. I guess I'll see when I submit.)

Context matters. I do not support violence or destruction of property, but I agree with you in the sense that one man's riot can be another man's uprising. Especially in America? Perhaps that last bit is naive, but anyways...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join