It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's all relax - here's whats happening

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:44 PM
link   
From where I'm sitting, here is where we are:

1 - The Dow exploded on Wall Street

2 - Putin says screw WW3

3 - Canada's Prime Minister is good to renegotiate NAFTA

And Mexico is down with the above, Israel is on board and his ass isn't even in office yet. This is a good thing that's happening. Logic over feelings kids.

Get a grip folks!

edit on 11/10/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:45 PM
link   
a reply to: Riffrafter

How dare you let silly facts get in the way of ignorance!
/sarc

I am happy to see TTP get the boot and folks coming to the table on NAFTA renegotiations AKA modernizing. That is the single strongest reason I had to place my vote as a working class citizen.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Ok. Sounds good. Next, let's see if the trains start running on time, and then go on from there, shall we?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Well, yeah, that is what should be focused on, but people are being paid by Soros to assault people and riot. Soros will be over if Trump succeeds.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
Ok. Sounds good. Next, let's see if the trains start running on time, and then go on from there, shall we?

Trains?

What trains?

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:00 AM
link   
As I have mentioned in a couple other threads, I never really had a horse in the race. I'm certainly not in any kind of panic mode though. I'm even a gay woman and I'm not in a panic about my rights either. I will still get up tomorrow and put my pants on one leg at a time regardless.

I have to at least give the guy a chance. I can't complain about things that haven't even happened yet. That is kind of silly.
Honestly, I actually have a rather good feeling about things. Of course change is scary, but now that we "know more things," I think some people are now starting to feel a little more impowered.
I really don't see where acting like jerks is going to fix anything much less hurting your fellow man. Where is the sense in that?

As the way most things go in life, time will tell and I'm willing to give it the time in peace.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

just a bit of ancient symbolism rafter.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: onehuman
As I have mentioned in a couple other threads, I never really had a horse in the race. I'm certainly not in any kind of panic mode though. I'm even a gay woman and I'm not in a panic about my rights either. I will still get up tomorrow and put my pants on one leg at a time regardless.

I have to at least give the guy a chance. I can't complain about things that haven't even happened yet. That is kind of silly.
Honestly, I actually have a rather good feeling about things. Of course change is scary, but now that we "know more things," I think some people are now starting to feel a little more impowered.
I really don't see where acting like jerks is going to fix anything much less hurting your fellow man. Where is the sense in that?

As the way most things go in life, time will tell and I'm willing to give it the time in peace.

You have my respect onehuman.

Thanks for your response.

edit on 11/11/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:03 AM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

Onehuman, Very nice post ! ...it's nice to hear your opinion as I was talking to our bartender the other night , who is gay , and he was so upset over this election . He was convinced Trump and Pence were going to crucify all gays....like literally ......I was shocked at how freaked out he was , and that he thought he was actually going to be publicly chased down and crucified .....and there was no talking sense into him about anything. He was actually shaking behind the bar ......and yeah, I understand the whole stigma of how hard it has been for homosexuals to be openly gay , and I feel for their struggles . ....but this guy was shaking in his shoes thinking Trump,and Pence were coming for him.....so it's refreshing to hear your side too.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:11 AM
link   

You are wise, especially considering that up until the last year the idea of Trump not being an entrenched part of the system and the very sort of elite he is claiming he will oppose, would have been totally laughable. Not much has really changed yet, and Instead of believing half of the US just voted for racism and sexism and suppression of minority rights, I chose to believe most of them believed they were voting for something good, for hope and change, and now they at least finally realize it will not come from doing the same damn thing over and over again. The unwashed masses are becoming a little less insane. And considering what they're up against (a gigantic tidal wave of disinfo and manipulation stretching all the way from Bertrand Russell and even earlier til the present day) average every day Americans are doing a pretty damn good job of staying in control of their own minds to the best of their abilities.

Trump will now be used to try to sew further chaos and division and un-love...what we reallyneed to watch out for is not a singular president but our evolving attitudes towards our fellow humans. All of them, even the ones that voted for Trump. Compassion and empathy are always the answer to any societal problem, and a loving heart will be able to find a home in any society from the best to the worst.
edit on 11-11-2016 by elliotmtl because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-11-2016 by elliotmtl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:19 AM
link   
a reply to: elliotmtl

Great post!

I agree with almost everything you said.

Thanks. This is what we need - a real exchange of ideas.

Maybe....someday....

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:11 AM
link   
But... bu... but, the riots! Everybody needs a good riot now and then!
/sarc

The fact that everybody who is not awake is being lead around by their nose should be disgusting to those that aren't.

Wake up people! You are being played!

This is how it works. No need to flip cars over and set sh1t on fire and destroy your own neighborhoods. Let the legal system take down all those involved on both sides and leave us with a nasty chapter of our history.

What is happening now in cities with "protests" is the result of "Blue vs. Red" mentality so make the bastids clean their own stuff up that wanted this in the first place!

I had jokingly said there would be blood bath after the election but I thought it was just hyperbole! I guess truth is stranger than fiction...
edit on 11-11-2016 by TEOTWAWKIAIFF because: dumb wording in my sentence

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:02 AM
link   

What i'm worried about is Obama getting a high seat in the UN.

That would be disastrous.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   
Nice thread RiffRafter. It's good to see a few positive sentiments expressed in the responses here. For mine, the biggest positive in all of this, is that significant numbers of people are finally starting to wake up and we're starting to see the evidence of that. Trump may not change anything for the better, but at least people realise that one thing was certain. That is that change is the only solution and nothing would change with any of the alternatives.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:44 AM
link   
.. have decided to like Trump , as well . He has played the media , (he will know what msm stands for) , into the field of oblivion , blindsided them and the pollsters , and the outgoing regime . They're the ones running scared : they want mr. bartender et al to fear Trump's stupidity , which actually is his honesty , foolish or not .

Alex Jones (yeah we know , but) was claiming that the military were told to stand down by the whitehouse on election counting night , and this goes to show that , _who the mighty and military men of the _country stand with , is _who retains power in a revolution , popular or not . The same applies across the world . And IF that's the case here , that Pence brought the good old boys, then the globalists who have been deposed by _Americans must now relinquish control of America's military assets .

Because Hillary & co . were going to rig that election right Trumpster ? They were , about to rig it right up ,
but ,

He's , they , is owed a big slap on the back , we're now seeing and talking to the _real Americans again . Do we stop short of "Thank God for the Trumpeters ? " Not necessarily . God is Great, after all .
Farage is right , and also a nation's hero : America is having their Brexit (x 10)

The Trump is unlikely to follow up with worse corruption upon his own country , "we" just shed a lot of corruption , greed and undue power . My very strong advice is we keep morals in an soveriegn fashion and educate our countrymen such .

So relax , as the main calamities receed away and become the past . Europe (still a globalist concern) will now never ever wrest back control of Britain either . Good on Trump and Putin who trod on the heads of the snakes , and kept peace for the peoples , the real russians and the real americans . Good old Dave and crew as well , perhaps we can everybody get on w normal life again even , without all the lies and secrecy .

Its europe's turn next while Trumpton is is doing something about the main stream molesters , onwards LeoShiva!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:38 AM
link   
Great post One Human! Star for that. If only the SJWs will chill out and adopt your view, the progressive left might stand a chance.

Bravo

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Meldionne1
Thank you. I really think your friend is jumping the gun a bit. It is sad too because I used to own a bar in Dania Florida and I've been seeing some of my old customers freaking out too on their Facebook post.
I actually didn't even bother with Facebook for about a month before the election because I knew they would be crazy then too. I just wanted to save myself the aggravation really. Not that I would have commented there anymore than I did with all the post and threads we had going here. I did have to go on for something and I quickly saw they weren't ready yet.

I do kind of wish I was still down there now, I used to be able to calm them down back in the day. I really think a lot of it is just them feeding off each other's fire if that made sense. Kind of a herd mentality really.

I actually live on the property with a diehard HC fan and they are in full ranting tiz. There is no talking to them and I won't until they calm down either. I wouldn't discuss it before the election and I'm sure as hell not going too now. Would be a serious waste of breath.

All I can really do is just remain calm and hope I can lead by example somehow.

I think you just need to remind your friend that it would really take quite awhile to undo the gains we have made. The good news about that is you would see it coming and have plenty of time to stop it before we were actually sent backwards. At least that's how I see it.

I will confess that Pence does scare me WAY MORE than Trump.ci just keep reminding myself that he will only be a VP and probably won't cause too much damage. Fingers crossed anyway.

Really though, I see no reason to worry about crossing a bridge until you actually come upon it. Once you see what it looks like then you will know what you need to get across it.

We all know you can create a hundred scenarios in your mind and it will be the 101 one that turns out to be the actual reality.

Might as well enjoy the path until you get too it

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: -mytym-
Nice thread RiffRafter. It's good to see a few positive sentiments expressed in the responses here. For mine, the biggest positive in all of this, is that significant numbers of people are finally starting to wake up and we're starting to see the evidence of that. Trump may not change anything for the better, but at least people realise that one thing was certain. That is that change is the only solution and nothing would change with any of the alternatives.

Bingo!!

You hit that nail squarely on the head.

People are temporarily awake, I agree.

How do we keep them awake so real change can happen? Any ideas?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Thank you. I really think your friend is jumping the gun a bit. It is sad too because I used to own a bar in Dania Florida and I've been seeing some of my old customers freaking out too on their Facebook post.

Another thing we have in common.

I too owned a bar for about 3 years after graduating from college.

I had a great time and made money. But I knew if I didn't sell (to my partner) I'd never leave my college town. I'd still be in Ithaca today explaining to people why I got an undergrad degree in Philosophy along with my degree in CS. And I'd be drunk....lol

"And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"

- Friedrich Nietzsche

edit on 11/11/2016 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Lol, if you owned a bar for three years, you should have your Doctrines in Philosophy... Just sayin.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join