It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Donald Trump supporters are likely idiots, and here's why.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:09 AM
link   
a reply to: alphabetaone

I'm dying to hear what these evil plans are, since you seem to have your finger on the pulse of the nation

Clever sarcasm! Yeah I didn't make out to well with my predictions or wagers did I?

That's all in the past. I hold no resentments and hope my halfassed futurist prognostications are wrong this time.
edit on 11-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

I'm dying to hear what these evil plans are, since you seem to have your finger on the pulse of the nation

Clever sarcasm! Yeah I didn't make out to well with my predictions or wagers did I?

LOL nope, you sure didn't

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: Abysha

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: Mousygretchen

I compressed your wall-of-text (without even the courtesy of line spaces between paragraphs) into a single line....

I could lose my SSI as well as my Medicaid because of you.

I'm sorry if your lot in life sucks. I have no idea how you got there. If you'd always worked hard and came upon unfortunate times beyond your control... I feel bad for you. If you are just a whiney b-tch (as your post leads me to believe).... I'm not sorry that your free ride is over.

Disclaimer: I don't know you.... so I can only respond to what you post.

So you can only narrow it down to her working hard and falling on hard times or her being whiny?

You do realize that countless people (many who for some reason voted for Trump) work very hard and are on Medicaid/SSI without falling on "unfortunate times"?

How about option C? The likely one where a person works super hard (in our non-living-wage economic climate) yet still has to have assistance? Red states use the most of that... are you saying that red states are inherently less hard-working?

So you can only narrow it down to her working hard and falling on hard times or her being whiny?

Yes. Absolutely. The only caveat would be if she is very young and needs a hand to get started in life (in which case I'm absolutely ready to lend a helping hand).

If someone is in their 40's or 50's and in ALL those years they haven't bothered to acquire any marketable skills... that's not on me... that's on them.

How about option C? The likely one where a person works super hard (in our non-living-wage economic climate) yet still has to have assistance?

"The likely one"...? I'm not sure what statistics that is based on.

"In our non-living-wage economic climate".... I ALMOST want to agree with you there. I really do. Mostly because I remember when the manufacturing jobs left and the people were told that "new high tech jobs" would replace them.... and then the IT jobs were either outsourced directly or IT workers were forced to train their H1B visa replacements.
The problem with this argument is that it has nothing to do with "idiot" Trump voters. Trump has rallied against this behavior. (We'll see if he follows through).

In conclusion... I stand behind my original statement.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: alphabetaone

I spent a fortune on a beautiful "I told you so" banner all for nothing!! I hung it up in the garage to remind me to not get so cocky.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:23 AM
link   

I spent a fortune on a beautiful "I told you so" banner all for nothing!! I hung it up in the garage to remind me to not get so cocky.

hahaha that's cute...at least you have a sense of humor about your disappointment, I gotta give it to ya.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:26 AM
link   

hahaha that's cute...at least you have a sense of humor about your disappointment, I gotta give it to ya.

Thanks, when will I ever learn not to trust that gypsy with the gold capped tooth!!!

On a side note....Gretchen isn't mousy at all!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Thanks, when will I ever learn not to trust that gypsy with the gold capped tooth!!!

ya know, on a side note, no matter your disposition on the outcome of the election, I have been watching several live feeds of protestors and while some are relatively peaceful, they have anarchists mixed among them who are absolutely destroying the town, the lives that they so vociferously claim to be wanting to defend against oppression.

It's truly effin sad to watch these kids who have no cognizance of what real war they could be bringing down upon themselves and the subsequent heartache that will follow when they realize they are ill-equipped both mentally and emotionally to engage the types of people they may be faced with.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   
I've had to do alot of things in my life to put a roof over my head and food on my table. Left high school in 1980 into a depressed economy with 18+ percent mortgage rates and a Liberal government hell bent on destroying the energy sector. I was an apprentice bricklayer working to get my ticket when the National Energy Policy came into affect and killed the oil industry. The trickle down was devastating for many. Industrial construction was dead - no more job. People walked from the ridiculous mortgages on their half the value bought homes for a dollar. Times were hard.
Government assistance for single able-bodied young males was practically unheard of. I've roofed in -20 C. and in plus 30 C. Cleaned up basements that had sewage to the rafters. Sold vacuums door to door ( for 2 yrs! ) and insurance for a few more. I could go on but it took about 8 yrs to get back into the construction industry where I feel most productive and satisfied with myself. Point is what will you do to make it through your crisis? Every thing that I did taught something, I made sure of that. Life is hard so adapt / overcome and be stronger for it.
Just don't blame your lot on life because people voted for their choice of candidate.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:58 AM
link   

ya know, on a side note, no matter your disposition on the outcome of the election, I have been watching several live feeds of protestors and while some are relatively peaceful, they have anarchists mixed among them who are absolutely destroying the town, the lives that they so vociferously claim to be wanting to defend against oppression.

It's truly effin sad to watch these kids who have no cognizance of what real war they could be bringing down upon themselves and the subsequent heartache that will follow when they realize they are ill-equipped both mentally and emotionally to engage the types of people they may be faced with.

Copy that...

I don't know if you noticed but as a foot note on a post, I mentioned "blood will flow" i didn't say that metaphorically.

also check the boots of the anarchist...some of them might be agent provocateurs. Just a supposition of course.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:04 AM
link   

Clinton is corrupt AF but keep ignoring that fact.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:18 AM
link   

I'm an immigrant and voted Trump. I've been here for a decade and a half now. But sure call me an idiot. Because I'm the one that didn't do my research beyond the liberal MSM. Understood.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: ksiezyc

I'm an immigrant and voted Trump. I've been here for a decade and a half now. But sure call me an idiot. Because I'm the one that didn't do my research beyond the liberal MSM. Understood.

i don't think you're an idiot for voting for Trump....

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Copy that...

I don't know if you noticed but as a foot note on a post, I mentioned "blood will flow" i didn't say that metaphorically.

also check the boots of the anarchist...some of them might be agent provocateurs. Just a supposition of course.

I would say all of them are agents...Soros or whomever who has the deep pockets to fund it. And they ARE getting bussed in at a relatively fast pace...it stinks.

Anyway, tomorrow is another day to rehash more doom and gloom.....Christ, with all of my negativity on the outcome of life, I'm starting to FEEL Russian lol
edit on 11-11-2016 by alphabetaone because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:25 AM
link   

I hope you fell better after that one, because feelings is all you have written here.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mousygretchen
a reply to: justneo
he is very much a power of 1

From your posts I can tell that you've been completely brainwashed and misinformed by MSM narratives, and this quote is just further evidence of that. Alot of people within the government were rooting for Trump and will be very happy to work with him.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:58 AM
link   
Trump got less of the White vote than Romney in 2012.

...but nobody called it racism.

Clinton got fewer Women voters than Obama.

...but nobody called it sexism.

Also, Trump did better with Blacks and Hispanics than Romney in 2012

...but he's the racist?

edit on 11-11-2016 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Oh, and also:

You're a male or female Caucasian American

Alright, I'll give you this one. I'm a white male.

because you're feeling left behind or disenfranchised.

Not really, no.

you want to see him run the United States the same we ran his businesses.

I have no idea how he ran his businesses. I don't watch tv or have any care whatsoever for celebrity or fame, so all I really know about Trump is the stances took on various issues through his speeches and debates. I happened to agree with the majority of them.

You might live in the rust belt and your job may have been outsourced to a foreign country.

No and no.

You're jobs not comin' back, bro.

Actually, when I finish college I'm gonna have a degree in a field that has an unemployment rate that has been reported to be 0% - yes, you read that right, zero percent unemployment - and pays six-figure salaries as average. This is a field which isn't really influenced or impacted by politics. My "jobs" aren't going anywhere. If you want a steady, stable job, then get an education in a steady, stable field, instead of some trash degree like a B.S. of Poetry.
Oh, and since you may be tempted to call bull****, I'm in the process of obtaining a degree in cybersecurity and computer forensics. Feel free to check it out if you don't believe me.

Statistics show that you are over the age of 45.

Not even close.

What a selfish and disrespectful thing to do to the younger generations.

I am the younger generation.

i'm not part of the top 10%.

Neither am I. I'm willing to bet though that you currently have more money in your bank account than I do.

Perhaps these kinds of people even should not have the right to vote in the first place

Well you sure look like a nice, decent individual.

I'll be laughing at you when you lose your Obamacare and they replace it with something worse for you

I don't even have Obamacare in the first place because I haven't been able to afford it for the past 2 years. The cheapest plans available to me were more than I could afford. What's funny is that I apparently earned too much to qualify for assistance despite the fact that the monthly payments on the cheapest plans were between 1/3rd and 1/2 of my entire pay, and that the deductibles were more than I was even earning in a whole year. Personally I'll be damn glad when Obamacare goes away. Fortunately, by the time it would, I'll be done with college and working a real job and will be able to afford insurance anyway, but every American in my current position will know what you just said is complete bull****. There is no "worse".
edit on 11/11/2016 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:09 AM
link   
oops
edit on 11/11/2016 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:41 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

I've done my research. I don't need the MSM to tell me what to think. Some things he has said may have been misworded or frankly disagreeable, but in the end he is not evil. And I know what you imply with your comment.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:41 AM
link   
TLDR

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join