It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Private Prison Stocks Skyrocket on Trump Win

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Donald Trump hasn’t even been sworn into office yet, but the private prison business sector is already looking forward to his presidency.

On a morning when global and domestic financial markets plunged on news of Trump’s victory over Hillary Clinton, Corrections Corporations of America surged nearly 40% in anticipation of increased need for more prisons and corrections services.

Private Prison Stocks Skyrocket on Trump Win

I didn't catch wind of this right away.

Just want to let all of my liberal friends here on ATS know ... It is quite possible now to get a prosecutable retina scan from 30 yards away with an image bounced off a mirror.

Don't give The Don a reason to lock you up. He owns the jails now. He's got the keys.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Snarl

I'm always leery of these sorts of news pieces. For instance, the only Trump quote is:

“we can do a lot of privatizations”

Extrapolate from that what you will but that is all that is said. Whether that means the whole prison system or the food they eat is up for debate, but the answer is not concrete.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Not a good sign at all...

One would hope part of MAGA would be ending the drug war and emptying these for profit slave institutions of all non violent offenders.

edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130pmThursday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

link   

While I hope your implied ramifications of his election are wrong. I will speak out with you if you're not. But stocks have a mind of their own, sometimes they are an indicator, and others prove to be as reliable as polls.

Both have analysts push them.

link   
a reply to: JinMI

If I told you where I found the link to that source ... you'd laugh your lungs out.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Its gonna be great prisons, gonna be bigly fantastic prisons, and gonna make mexico pay for them all!

the right used to moan about secret fema camps that totally somewhere existed...I suspect they will be extremely happy about the actual prisons and the new foot soldier republic.

I dislike republican politics..and I seriously am bitterly hating the progressive left that opened this up to be the inevitable result due to their pettiness taking over the entire party platform.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: elementalgrove

One would hope part of MAGA would be ending the drug war and emptying these for profit slave institutions of all non violent offenders.

...what?
You...what?!!

are you new to united states politics? the drug war and the for profit slavery is a damn cornerstone of corporate interests..and Donald is the apex corporate predator. Its his literal claim to fame.

In saying that, he may loosen the federal restrictions on pot..it is an actual (word salad of course) campaign promise.

link   
a reply to: SaturnFX

I dislike republican politics..and I seriously am bitterly hating the progressive left that opened this up to be the inevitable result due to their pettiness taking over the entire party platform.

Said every middle of the road voter for the past 10 years. There is only one answer to this problem.

link   
just curious here...
did you notice weather or not the healthcare and insurance companies dropped like a rock or not? just wondering what "unsafe stocks" the money was taken out and shifted to what they saw as "safe"

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Hillary made alot of obvious changes in her pandering after no reaching millennials salty about Bernie's demise (courtesy of Wikileaks).

It's safe to say take all politicians words with a grain of salt. Connect the dots to speculation based off other things they said, block of salt.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
There is only one answer to this problem.

Yes yes. I know, but Japanese is hard to learn and I refuse to move until I have at least a fair grasp of the lower level languages, also need to get the business running smoothly enough here before I launch over there.

then, sayonara.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
The liberals have been rioting and attacking people for months leading up to the election so it doesn`t take a genius to assume that they would continue doing that if Hillary lost.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Thanks for the laugh

I was insinuating more representative parties however.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:14 PM
link   

I always enjoy it when people all of a sudden have an issue with something thats been around for years. Where was the outrage when Obama was in office and why are people blaming Trump for something he has nothing to do with? If its such an issue for the liberal left then maybe do something about it instead of trying to blame Trump for Obamas failures.

link   
I bet gun manufacturing stocks fell. when the Dems are elected, the fear mongering from the right makes their stocks gold...of course in a right wing sweep, its nearly dead paper.

Gonna need to really amp up the Syrians in the cupboard to keep gun sales going

link   

originally posted by: SaturnFX

originally posted by: elementalgrove

...what?
You...what?!!

are you new to united states politics? the drug war and the for profit slavery is a damn cornerstone of corporate interests..and Donald is the apex corporate predator. Its his literal claim to fame.

In saying that, he may loosen the federal restrictions on pot..it is an actual (word salad of course) campaign promise.

LOL, I know Saturn, just trying to remain optimistic!

You are right, hoping for an end to the drug war is a bit ludicrous, but as you mentioned perhaps he will loosen the restrictions on pot, however that is the cash cow of the prison industry so we may be holding our breath.
edit on America/ChicagoThursdayAmerica/Chicago11America/Chicago1130pmThursday9 by elementalgrove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI

Said every middle of the road voter for the past 10 years. There is only one answer to this problem.

More Extremism! That'll fix everything!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

So ... somebody DID check the source. LOL

Thanks, Xcathdra. I didn't know how much longer I could keep my tongue in my cheek.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:18 PM
link   
a reply to: redhorse

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Most gun-owners fail to realize the real threat to 2d Amendment rights comes from the Republicans. The Dems threaten the 2d directly, but it'll be the Republicans who ultimately privately owned guns be turned in.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join