It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the election actually over? Last ditch effort underway to elect Hillary....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:22 PM
link   
This caught me by surprise earlier when I saw it. I had no idea the election could still go to Hillary. Could this be the real conspiracy?

But there is a last, incredible long shot that could still get Hillary Clinton into the White House on Jan. 20 -- a twist in the Electoral College. Clinton led the popular vote by more than 337,000 as of Thursday evening, according to Associated Press results compiled by Google. With the addition of Arizona's late-called race, Trump had 290 Electoral College votes to Clinton’s 228. Only Michigan and New Hampshire remain uncalled. Under the U.S. Constitution, electors will meet in their respective state capitals on Dec. 19. In all states but Maine and Nebraska -- which split their votes by statewide popular results and individual congressional district -- the candidate who wins the popular vote traditionally gains all of that state's electoral votes.

It seems a petition for the delegates to vote for Hillary has reached 1.3 million signatures:

The number of electoral votes per state is determined by the number of congressional districts plus one for each senator, for a total of 538. But there is nothing in the Constitution that prevents any of the electors from refusing to support the candidate who won their state, or from abstaining. Twenty-nine states ban the "faithless elector" practice. A petition on Change.org is pushing for electors to vote for Clinton instead of Trump. It had more than 175,000 signatures as of Thursday morning; by early evening, it had more than 1.3 million.

The article states it's rare for electors to defect or abstain, but not impossible.

So could this be the last chance for the current establishment to keep hold of the reigns? Could some kind of event between now and December 19th cause the delegates in question to change their minds? I can definitely see upheaval from Trump supporters if something like this came to pass. Thoughts?

ktla.com...

+4 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:26 PM
link   
As far as i know they can petition all they want! At the end of the day, she conceeded...therefore fun is fun and Done is DONE. Maybe wrong but dont think so

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Even if she won the two remaining states that are uncalled (Michigan & New Hampshire) she would still have a total electoral vote of less than 270.

edit on 11/10/2016 by ColdWisdom because: (no reason given)

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:31 PM
link   
A last, desperate grasp at victory from Liberals. Seriously, these petulant children have had their way for so long, they think whining is the solution to everything and will continue to get them what they want. Treat them like the spoiled children they are.
If Republicans had done this, the MSM would have torn them apart, calling them bad sports, sore losers, and probably much worse. But, somehow, it's fine for Liberals to bitch and whine when they don't get their way.
She Lost. Get used to it.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: underwerks

It seems a petition for the delegates to vote for Hillary has reached 1.3 million signatures:

What a waste of good paper. Probably bond, as well.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:33 PM
link   
a reply to: crisco23
Is there a specific law that says that once a concession is offered its over? Even if the delegates don't vote the way the media has told us they will?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

Petitions are all done online, silly.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Petition is useless and BS so done is done.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I doubt it.

Hillary has conceded, Obama is facilitating Trump's succession as normal, Trump is doing everything a President-elect is expected to do at this stage.

It's over. Thank Christ as well, that was one hell of an ugly 17 months.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: crisco23
As far as i know they can petition all they want! At the end of the day, she conceeded...therefore fun is fun and Done is DONE. Maybe wrong but dont think so

Actually, Huma called to concede on election night: Link

I am so worried she is going to wriggle back into this.

I'm all for abolishing the electoral college, but it's too late for this election. We all accepted the electoral college system when we cast our votes.
edit on 10-11-2016 by MotherMayEye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColdWisdom
a reply to: charlyv

Petitions are all done online, silly.

Yea, but I could not resist the simile.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Even if she won the two remaining states that are uncalled (Michigan & New Hampshire) she would still have a total electoral vote of less than 270.

The electors haven't voted yet. That doesn't take place until December 19th.
www.archives.gov...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
And besides...

If you tally up all the votes that Johnson & Stein received and add them with the votes that Trump received, the combined majority of voters in this country voted against a Hillary Clinton presidency.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:42 PM
link   
She just needs to go away. She lost, the end.

I am not happy with Trump, but I wouldn't have been happy with either. If she had actually cared about the nation she would have never ran in the first place. I hate the games they play and inside decisions of who is next. That is why we get crappier choices each election.

The party needs to suck it up and fix themselves. They got beat fair and square, learn from it and better themselves.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:43 PM
link   
over 100 million people voted, 1.3 million snowflakes is nothing compared to the total votes.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

And besides...

If you tally up all the votes that Johnson & Stein received and add them with the votes that Trump received, the combined majority of voters in this country voted against a Hillary Clinton presidency.

Maybe it's just me but I didn't know the delegates hadn't voted for president yet.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Nobody on this site is more anti-Trump than me, it stings knowing that the person you voted for won the popular vote and lost the electoral college — and this is twice in 16 years — but no, I could never support this.

Injecting uncertainty into the transfer of power would damage us as a nation, it would be bad for us as a people and the effects would ripple outward from us.

He won by our system and he will take office. If we want to change the election process, that's a discussion for the future.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Not going to happen...

Funny how life teaches you lessons as you get older...like...for example...stomping your feet and screaming loudly doesn't mean you are going to get your way.

There was a vote & other people's opinions count just as much as yours even if they aren't as loud as you are.

Yes, the electoral college is a flawed system but it's been that way since this country started & we've elected the last 45 presidents that way.

If you don't like it, then protest to change the system...don't protest that you lost a vote...that's childish & stupid.
edit on 10-11-2016 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:45 PM
link   

And besides...

That doesn't even make sense. You could just as easily add them to Clinton's and say the same thing about Trump. What are you getting at?
edit on 2016-11-10 by theantediluvian because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

Nobody on this site is more anti-Trump than me, it stings knowing that the person you voted for won the popular vote and lost the electoral college — and this is twice in 16 years — but no, I could never support this.

Injecting uncertainty into the transfer of power would damage us as a nation, it would be bad for us as a people and the effects would ripple outward from us.

He won by our system and he will take office. If we want to change the election process, that's a discussion for the future.

I agree. I've already made peace with a Trump presidency. Which is why this was so strange when I saw it. Could the Clinton's intimidate their way to the white house this way?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join