It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trumps policies

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I've seen a lot of post about how Trump has no policies or that they will destroy America. I thought it might be nice for people comment from an informed point of view for a change.

Trumps policies

My input:

Infrastructure - Looks like he want to put more of America's money back into rebuilding America instead of spending it all over the world.
I don't see how this can be bad, I have thought for years that we needs to stop spending money abroad.

Cyber Security - Strengthen cyber security by review and recommendations, more coordination between Federal, State and local law enforcement.
On the face of it this looks fine, but is something that needs to be watched closely is it could lead to major abuse on the flow of information and cyber privacy.

Veterans Affairs reform - Make services more accessible and more comprehensive.
Works for me.

Trade - Doesn't cut off trade with the world and put America and American worker first in new trade deals.

Tax plan - Still a percent tax according to income, want to eliminate special interest loopholes, allow families to deduct childcare including stay at home parents and eliminate the death tax.
On the face of it not bad but not great, and something that needs to be watched.

Regulations - Wants to reduce Federal Government regulations, which would reduce government expenditures.
I agree with the concept and think a lot of current Federal regulations should be handled on the State level, but something to watch.

National Defense - Get rid of the defense sequester, and increase defense forces and equipment, spending to be accomplished by reducing waste and regulations.
Again on the face of it all I agree, I personally saw how sequestration hurt the defense industry, but I'm also sick and tired of being the world's police and having our troops and equipment spread all across the globe. If the spending is for the direct defense of our country then I'll be happy.

Immigration - Put Americans and legal immigrants first, enforce current immigration laws, protect the borders and thoroughly vet any new immigrants.
I agree with this

Health care - Repeal "obama care" and work with Congress to create a more patient centered system.
I'm not a fan of universal health care, but it sound like he's wants to keep some kind of universal health care but not current version. Like I said not a fan of the concept but I understand and accept that we are moving in this direction.

Foreign Policy and Defeating ISIS - Peace through strength is the center of foreign policy, advance America's core national interest, promote regional stability, and easing tensions in the world, end nation building and regime change.
OK this ties in the Defense and in some parts immigration too, I'm all for "peace through strength" and I think the concept of cold warning ISIS and other terrorist groups may be the way to go, but again this is something to watch and see how it all get implemented.

Energy - Make America energy independent, create jobs buy opening up the energy market, and protect the environment while doing so.
I all for energy independence.

Education - Expand school choice, ensure universities are make good faith efforts to reduce the cost of college and student debt with tax breaks and tax dollars.
School choice is always good and making sure colleges are working to reduce costs is good, not sure how i feel about using tax dollars for college subsidizing.

Constitution and Second Amendment - Appoint justices to the USSC who uphold the Constitutional values and principles. The right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed upon. Period.
I'm a strong believer in the Constitution and the right to brea arms, so... yeah.

Child care - Tax deductions for child care expenses also for elderly dependents tax free dependent care saving accounts for children and elderly.
I don't have any really issues with this, except for how the 6 weeks paid leave for new mothers is going to be paid out. so we'll see.

Economy - Create a booming economy that will create 25 million new job over the next decade, growth, growth, growth.
Growth is good, jobs are good, but we'll see. There are too many factors to make a determination on how this economic plan will do.

These are all my very short and broad summaries with my .02 added, I recommend you go to the link I provided at the top to get a more detailed view.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   
I like his tax as well as insurance policy, businesses will be pleased and my wallet will be pleased. The insurance needs to be more competitive and after he gets rid of the barrier lines the competition will make prices more competitive.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:22 PM
link   
I don't ever remember Obama getting scrutinized like they are doing to Trump. Hell, one of the main things Obama ran on was ending Iraq and Afghanistan. 8 years and we are still there! He also beat Hillary over the head with NAFTA and did nothing. Green jobs, transparency....NONE of it materialized.

Man is not even in office yet and already chatter about oh, he can't do that or this....geez give him a chance. After a few years then let's re-evaluate it. Obama got 8 so at least give Trump a few to get things in motion.
edit on 10-11-2016 by LifeMode because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
He plans to lower taxes for the already rich. Basically he will make things better for himself. I hope he has some real plans to help everyone, but I doubt it.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: LifeMode

I can foresee President Elect Trump using Executive Orders to get some of his Pet Projects going if the House and Senate start playing " Hard Ball " with him . In a War of Wills , they will All Lose ........

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:29 PM
link   
What do you mean? Yes, the rich will get tax breaks, but so will everyone else including small business owners. Assuming he does what he says he will do, taxes will also be simplified and he will have a hiring freeze on the IRS to reduce the size through attrition.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: LockNLoad

Seems a fair and balanced thread, refreshing here

Comment on policy, the Tax proposals have angles to them I would consider suspect.
edit on 10-11-2016 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:34 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Of course the devil is in the details, but as it's presented on the link, I see more money in everybody's pocket. But yep definitely something to keep an eye on.

top topics

join