It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"That's unacceptable. He's going to have to fix that."

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

American MSM is a joke. Once upon a time there was this thing called journalism, where a reporter would have to actually find a story to report, now they expect phone calls and emails to have a "story" to report.

Pretty pathetic.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: jimmyx

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Simple Solution . Exclude All Media Outlets Except FOX NEWS . Let Fox News have a Monopoly on Access to President Elect Trump's News Briefings . The MSM Can Go To Hell .

ZEIK HEIL!!

The MSM Deserves to Be Ignored Until they Realize what the Term " Fair And Balanced Journalism " is All About .

Hail Freedom !

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Wolf Blitzer is complete Hillary tool.
On election night, his lower lip was quivering the more states Trump got.
Not to mention, at the DNC convention, Wolf was dancing and drinking champagne with another woman CNN anchor after Hillary's nomination...incredibly to the tune of Neil Diamond's "Sweet Caroline".
Trump should make CNN work their asses off to try to gain the respect of the American people back, if we had any respect for them in the first place.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:46 PM
link   

If I were Trump, I would call for a break of the monopoly the 6 news corporations have.

I would tell all America, start a news agency, I will personally loan you the start up money, or negotiate with a bank for one on your behalf, and give you exclusive access to my administration.

Shut the other guys out.

Hit them in the raitings....tell the owners of the 6 that he will not allow any existing employee that slandered him to do a news conference....until they are all replaced he will not inform them of anything.

get them fired.

Then tell the owners, break up your organizations, sell, until you have at most 5% of total ownership of coverage.

If not, prepare for anti trust laws to come bearing down forcing them into 1%

edit on 11 10 2016 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:17 PM
link   
The MSM is why the internet can never go away. It's helps to equalize the ability of broadcast..

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

To the same extent, if they have to tell you they are, chances are they aren't. Just sayin'

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Trump was actually at the Home Depot rounding up supplies for the wall.
edit on 11-11-2016 by MiddleInitial because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I add an update with something I find even more unbelievable.
CNN are BOASTING about this; They have it up as an important story, that their man slapped down the President-elect for breach of accepted media protocol;
edition.cnn.com...
(My main inaccuracy, by the way, is that Wolf said "They" instead of "He". It comes to the same thing, because they would fix it by working on Trump. Otherwise I got the gist of the exchange).

WHO do these people think they are? Are they the aristocrats of the capital, entitled to lay down the law ("what we expect") to the lowly plebs who hold office? If he offends them, is that on a level with "lese majeste", with "scandalum magnatum", misprision of treason, or a failure to bow at the right point in the ceremony?
Arrogant oafs.

I have a bloody-minded streak, as my neighbour discovered when he used that same word "unacceptable" about my front hedge (which is still there).
If I was in Donald Trump's place, CNN would be banned from the White House, starting from the Inauguration ceremony, until such time as Wolf Bucket apologised. On the White House lawn. On his knees. And if I drew my sword, I would not be preparing to tap him on the shoulder and give him a knighthood.

edit on 11-11-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: DISRAELI
He's going to have to learn what the media expects in following a President elect, to be able to follow him with the usual pool of reporters.
Anchorman; "That's unacceptable. He's going to have to fix that".

They # on him for 1.5 years the entire time, make up fake stories, twist and turn every single word he says at a rally (not official speeches), paint him in a bad light, promote violence and hate, and they want him to play ball with them now that he's won?

He should NEVER let CNN get close to him or his presidency for the tenure of his time in the White House.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Why on Earth would CNN expect Trump to treat them nicely when they have treated him like garbage.

CNN's importance is almost zero. If I was Trump I would seriously consider just banning their reporters from the press briefings.

Since they did not remotely treat him impartially, he has no obligation to treat them as a news organization - they clearly are not, they are a left wing propaganda broadcaster.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: proximo
And slapping down Trump is now a story on their own site, which I find even more incredible. They're boasting about it, as something they're entitled to do.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: tadaman

Wouldn't this just make the issue of tabloid journalism even worse?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

Why on Earth would CNN expect Trump to treat them nicely when they have treated him like garbage.

CNN's importance is almost zero. If I was Trump I would seriously consider just banning their reporters from the press briefings.

Since they did not remotely treat him impartially, he has no obligation to treat them as a news organization - they clearly are not, they are a left wing propaganda broadcaster.

The press isn't supposed to play nice with people. They're supposed to be annoying... when you play nice and cooperate you become a propaganda network.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

The press isn't supposed to play nice with people. They're supposed to be annoying... when you play nice and cooperate you become a propaganda network.

Yeah - no kidding, they played nice all election with the DNC and Hillary. If you have read any of the wikileaks you would know there are dozens of emails with outright collusion where they ask the DNC to give them questions to ask Trump to make him look bad. Other emails where they basically say they will give Hillary puff interviews.

Then there are all of their debate questions that were leaked to the Hillary campaign. Then there is the multiple convenient "Satellite dropping out" as soon as someone would start to talk about the wikileaks.

They were an unbelievable shill for Hillary - the evidence is overwhelming.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

When Ronald Reagan took office and removed the solar panels from the White House, it was a signal to Big Oil that America would not go forward with alternative, renewable energy. It was a signal of surrender to Big Oil.

Trump's not wanting to have the press follow him is another symbolic signal. It signals don't watch, stay away, you will not get transparency with this administration. It IS unacceptable to Americans.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 04:32 PM
link   

They were an unbelievable shill for Hillary - the evidence is overwhelming.

You flipped my statement around, but I still don't disagree. The press isn't supposed to get along with anyone.

posted on Nov, 8 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I'm bumping this, now that it's semi-topical, because I never did find out what happened in the end.
Was it "fixed"? Has Donald Trump got into the habit of keeping the White House press informed about all his movements?
Or is he doing what I would have done in his place- i.e. keeping them informed 99% of the time, but making unpredictable movements every now and then just to keep them on their toes?
Does anybody know?

top topics

<< 1   >>

join