It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boss tells pro-Trump employees to resign

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:43 PM
link   
a reply to: neo96

you forgot tow truck drivers leaving handicapped drivers on the side of the highway because they don't like their bumper stickers!!! the right was all fine and dandy with that one also...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

To the degree that we're seeing it happen? No, I don't. Not without some darn good provocation and simply losing an election ain't it.

I agree and so apparently does Reldra:

No, it would be business as usual at worst. The inner cities and liberal cities, like San Francisco, would not be lighting things afire. I think it would have been much less outrage.

But I disagree with her notion that Trump supporters, overall, wouldn't have behaved in this way because they aren't as passionate about the issues. Or that they weren't as offended by the rhetoric from the "other side".

All that is just a matter of making excuses for poor behavior.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra
a reply to: EchoesInTime

'Trump supporter' is not a protected class and depending on the state, Grub Hub can do that.

If they do, in fact, fire people for that and not negligence, they would be eligible for unemployment benefits, though, while they sought another job.

Just a minute CRTSJW. They have a right to file a lawsuit with the E.E.O.C under Title VII.
It would be need to be judicated. Btw, how tastes the crow?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Their contact page has email and chat options.

If he had common sense, he would know that Trump is not even a hater or racist, let alone his supporters.

Possibly not you, BlueAjah. But the vast majority of Trump supporters are rascist, bigoted and Trump gave them permission to let it all hang out.

I hope you realize that the above is the kind of insulting rhetoric that contributed to your hero losing the election.
Her "deplorable" remarks moved many people to vote against her.

I don't think so. That is not rhetoric when I state it based on his own statements.

I heard no crazy discriminatory rhetoric coming out of Clinton's mouth.

So, this is not the reason.

Many things Trump said were deplorable and many of his followers repeated it, therefore, you get the 'basket of deploreables' thing. It does not include every single Trump supporter.

I see that you are still not getting the point, so I'll cross-post this here:

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

I'm here late so I don't know (or care) if this was posted yet. So I'll post it anyway because it bears repeating. Again. And again.

AND AGAIN.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

I never said I was adopting this position, I was merely pointing out that it is usually the people who lean right that hold this view. I found it interesting (or odd if you prefer) how easily the worm turns. I think it's pretty despicable to be honest. Employees are hired and paid to perform a task not to think a certain way.

I lean left, but this post was neither left nor right. It was a simple observation. Has everything in life become a left/right battle for you?
edit on 10-11-2016 by Syphon because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: reldra

Since you may consider anything you disagree with as "hateful rhetoric" then I think I can safely assume you are for punishing everyone who doesn't believe the same as you.

That is not the case. That is painting with a MASSIVE broad brush. I did not expect that form you.

It seems that you are not expecting many things, like our new POTUS.

Perhaps if you added some tolerance and fairness to your diet(see above), you would have a better picture of global outcomes.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1

'Trump supporter' is not a protected class and depending on the state, Grub Hub can do that.

If they do, in fact, fire people for that and not negligence, they would be eligible for unemployment benefits, though, while they sought another job.

Just a minute CRTSJW. They have a right to file a lawsuit with the E.E.O.C under Title VII.
It would be need to be judicated. Btw, how tastes the crow?

what?..."trump supporter" is NOT a protected class, in "right to work" states.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hmmm, I just got in a discussion about the topic of employee rights yesterday with a liberal. I think an employer should be able to hire or fire whomever they please, regardless of what the particulars are. It's their damned business, quite literally. We have that phrase for a reason.

If this guy wants to do this, then more power to him, except I don't agree with his interpretations of DJT and realize he's probably going to be sued over this (though I think the anti-discrimination should be removed).

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Just so you guys know, the CEO asked for resignations, not firings.

There's a reason for that and the douche nozzle knows what it is.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Possibly not you, BlueAjah. But the vast majority of Trump supporters are rascist, bigoted and Trump gave them permission to let it all hang out.

Do you not have anything else better to do than troll this website with your constant hate promoting rhetoric? You seem to be more of the problem than the solution. We get it, you don't like Trump. Do we really need to be reminded of this every few minutes?

Take a breath, give it a rest.
edit on 10-11-2016 by mtnshredder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Syphon

I never said I was adopting this position, I was merely pointing out that it is usually the people who lean right that hold this view. I found it interesting (or odd if you prefer) how easily the worm turns. I think it's pretty despicable to be honest. Employees are hired and paid to perform a task not to think a certain way.

I lean left, but this post was neither left nor right. It was a simple observation. Has everything in life become a left/right battle for you?

Sorry, friend, you do not get to implicate the left/right battle with your own opening words:

I thought "it's his business he should be able to do whatever he wants" was one of the positions of the right

And then try to tar and feather me for taking the discussion into that dimension.

Please go back to the drawing board and try again.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: SignalMal
Hmmm, I just got in a discussion about the topic of employee rights yesterday with a liberal. I think an employer should be able to hire or fire whomever they please, regardless of what the particulars are. It's their damned business, quite literally. We have that phrase for a reason.

If this guy wants to do this, then more power to him, except I don't agree with his interpretations of DJT and realize he's probably going to be sued over this (though I think the anti-discrimination should be removed).

People pretty much already do hire and fire anyone they choose. They just have to dance a little around the discrimination and come up with a valid reason. Now is not the time to tear down protections against racism, ageism, sexism, etc. Protecting people against discrimination is a good thing.

This country clearly has a big racism problem. No need to enable it further.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Wait, I thought we had a right to vote and to vote for who we want.

But according to the DB in the OP and all the protesters, the media, etc. We really don't.

Since their candidate wasn't elected, no matter how hard they tried in the 11th hour to find some votes, now the entire country has to listen/see these crying college students protest in the streets while burning our flag and chanting hate speech every time the news is turned on?

Oh, and if you didn't vote for her, you should just resign and not work because the CEO is a bully and doesn't agree with you.

Jesus...I may just go to Canada to get the hell away from all THIS bullsh!t!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: mtnshredder

Do you not have anything else better to do than troll this website with your constant hate promoting rhetoric? You seem to be more of the problem than the solution. We get it, you don't like Trump. Do we really need to be reminded of this every few minutes?

Take a breath, give it a rest.

give it a rest???....hey sparky....what do you think has been said on ATS about Obama for the last eight years?......the left is just getting started.....for the next 4 years, it's ALL on the republicans, there isn't a democrat in the federal government that has power anymore....you break it, you bought it, no more whiny right-wing excuses

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:22 PM
link   

I pointed out a perceived hypocrisy. Not sure how that is either left or right. Maybe you can spell it out for me.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie

People pretty much already do hire and fire anyone they choose. They just have to dance a little around the discrimination and come up with a valid reason.

That's exactly right. Just like people divorce for the catch all "irreconcilable differences" category. They find a way.

Now is not the time to tear down protections against racism, ageism, sexism, etc. Protecting people against discrimination is a good thing.

Entirely disagree. People are racist, ageist, sexist because of how they internalize their experiences and form beliefs. The law does nothing to change people's internal psyche.

This country clearly has a big racism problem. No need to enable it further.

On the contrary, these laws that can't be expected to be reasonably enforced, only create negative emotions and a general tension within relationships. They create artificial environments with potentially low morale while the valid reason is waited on. You don't fight against racism, you fight for healthy relationships. The former breeds hatred, the latter defeats it.
edit on 10-11-2016 by SignalMal because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

Just stop reldra... stop.

I'm sorry to tell you.. but technically, an employer can not fire an employee without a clear reason. Hence, they can dislike the trump supporter but they can not fire the employee just for being a trump supporter. The employer would have to find a valid reason for firing an employee, the reason would have to be stated in the employment contract prior to hiring said employee and the transgression would have to be verifiable (by documentation or witness in some cases) for it to be valid.

So in general, the employer CAN NOT fire the employee for a perceived support for Trump because support for Trump is not against the law, the employer can be found liable in this case and could be charged with unjustified discrimination of an employee with damages (because there is no valid reason for firing said employee).

So in simpler terms... Trump won the election, stop wining about it. It's done.. and there is nothing you can do about it until the next elections.

THANK YOU.

edit on 11/10/2016 by efabian because: grammar fix

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: burgerbuddy

Shouldn't that guy be on his way to Canada or somewhere?

What the Hell? What makes you think we want your feeble minded?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:36 AM
link   
a reply to: cprnicus

Lol. America deserves that one. You have a point there

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: neo96
If a baker has to sell wedding cakes to gay couples.

If TG's get their own bathrooms.

Trump supporters can't be fired because of who they voted for.

That 14th amendment applies to everyone as that 'boss' damn' well knows.

DEAL WITH IT.

Strange, I started reading and expected to see:

If people are forced to bake cakes for people they don't like, then bosses have to let people they don't like work for them. I guess one can interpret this either way round.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join