It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WOW. Russia Confirms Contact With Trump Campaign

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

I don't understand why you say they have a bromance. They've never even met or talked to each other.

Oh come one. You haven't been living under a rock! You know where the "bromance" thing comes from! ...Trump's mancrush on "stable buddy" Putin for calling him a "genius", which really translated "colorful", I think.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I really do not understand how Hillary and the media and everyone else makes it seem like any kind of relationship with Russia is traitorous.

They seem to forget:

June 24, 2010

In one of his earliest new foreign policy initiatives, President Obama sought to reset relations with Russia and reverse what he called a “dangerous drift” in this important bilateral relationship. President Obama and his administration have sought to engage the Russian government to pursue foreign policy goals of common interest – win-win outcomes -- for the American and Russian people. In parallel to this engagement with the Russian government, President Obama and his administration also have engaged directly with Russian society -- as well as facilitated greater contacts between American and Russian business leaders, civil society organizations, and students -- as a way to promote our economic interests, enhance mutual understanding between our two nations, and advance universal values.

U.S.-Russia Relations: “Reset” Fact Sheet

Then by 2014:

The failure of the U.S.-Russia reset in 9 photos

It's been over five years since the United States and Russia vowed to "reset" their relationship. In that time, the two countries have had to grapple with disagreements over Syria, Iran and Libya, as well as Russia's welcome to U.S. whistleblower Edward Snowden and the U.S. condemnation of a Russian-supported referendum in Crimea.

On Monday, the United States imposed sanctions on some of the highest ranking officials in the Russian government. Let's just say it: The reset is dead.

Obama TRIED to have relations with Russia.
So why is it wrong for Trump to want that as well?
The problem is, Obama failed miserably.
Maybe the thought of Trump possibly being successful at something that Obama failed at is putting salt in their wounds.

edit on 11/10/16 by BlueAjah because: punctuation

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Special secret Putin agents at work

youtu.be...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:01 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

So why is it wrong for Trump to want that as well?

Not wrong. But it's premature. There is the appearance of the exchange of favors for helping him get elected. They're not supposed to make "plans" until after the election.

But hey, they could have been planning Ivanka and Wendi's vacation for all we know!

Ivanka Trump is vacationing with Rupert Murdoch’s ex-wife, Wendi Deng Murdoch, who is rumored to be dating Russian President Vladimir Putin.

edit on 10-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

originally posted by: raymundoko
a reply to: theantediluvian

Here we go again. The biggest provider of ignorance is at it again.

From your source.

"Asked later for clarification, a Foreign Ministry official declined to elaborate on Ryabkov’s remarks but said standard diplomacy called for “contact with the leaders in the campaign” on matters such as clarifying statements by the candidate or conveying interview requests from Russian journalists."

You lie, and you lie, and you lie more.

Another jem that breaks your hologram already quoted from the same source:

"originally posted by: SammyB0476
You forgot part of the statement:

Ryabkov also told Bloomberg that there was “sporadic” contact with the Clinton team, although those conversations were “not always productive.”"

edit on 11/10/16 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/10/16 by BlueAjah because: quotes

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:10 PM
link   
If this country is going to heal itself, you go after why it is the way it is, and change it. Trump has been showing this all along, and not in the "conventional" way, because basically, those ways did not work.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Oh, I see the issue. You have arbitrarily redefined what a bromance is to fit your narrative. Gotcha.

So in your mind Obama is besties with JinPing and they have sleepovers all the time!!
edit on 10-11-2016 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Oh my goodness. Someone she became friends with years ago might be dating Putin!!! I bet Trump set them up when they were in bromance castle!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: EternalShadow

So a Russian diplomat confirms that they did in fact have contact with apparently multiple folks within the Trump campaign which was denied and denied by Trump and his team and your answer is what?

A Russian diplomat says there was contact.

Then multiple Russian diplomats and trump people deny it - but you leave that bit out eh?

You have done nothing but scream the Clinton Campaign line this entire election and most of your posts have been proven to be nonsense. Good luck getting anyone to believe you now!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:24 PM
link   
to be honest..

I am glad Russia is talking to Trump and his people now. I am glad Putin sent Trump a message of a welcome hand.

Take some time away from Trump bashing and read Putins letter to America that was published in the New York Times on September 11.

www.nytimes.com...

He encourages dialog with big or small nations to avoid conflict and move forward together.

Trump wants dialogue, Clinton wanted conflict.

You dont have to like him, but for the sake of humanity you need to get behind him

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:25 PM
link   

The annexation of Crimea has changed things. But Trump seems to be alright with Russia cutting out pieces of its neighbors that it had treaties with. This is why the West has been laying sanctions and diplomatic pressure.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Good, whatever helped maintain peace and keep her out of the white house. I would have voted for satan over her.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Agit8dChop

Let's not get confused here. Putin is an expansionist...as long as he continues that we can never truly be friends. That's what our relationship with China is starting to strain. Their heads have gotten large and they are starting to show signs of expansionism. Putin will probably be involved in WW3 one way or another, and the USA will undoubtedly side against him.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:58 PM
link   
All good. It's just a former KGB officer with goals of reclaiming Soviet Union era territories leading a disinformation campaign against American citizens during election time who also happened to be in direct contact with our president-elect's campaign.

Nothing to see here.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Too bad you didn't actually research the issue further:

Russia Reached Out to Trump, Clinton Camps During Election

So in other words, this thread is completely pointless....unless of course the point is to fan the flames of fear and division, and to menace any possibility for healing.

Shame on you.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I'd hope they were in contact. God forbid the nations of the world actually try to work together.

So basically... Trump creates diplomatic ties with Russia while Hillary accuses Russia of interfering with the election and threatens war against them - and there are somehow idiots in this country who think this reflects negatively on Trump and not Hillary. I guess it's not surprising though with all the news of Hillary supporters having cry-ins and mental breakdowns.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Obama had contact with Germany! He's trying to destroy the United States!"
See how ridiculous it sounds?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Wow - the Left just goes lower and lower with the attacks on President Trump. This is not very Patriotic behavior... SMH

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:20 PM
link   

I really do not understand how Hillary and the media and everyone else makes it seem like any kind of relationship with Russia is traitorous.

That's not it at all. Simply having some sort of communication with foreign governments or their leaders as a candidate wouldn't be treason.

However, this particular campaign was lousy with people (particularly in the middle part) with ties to the Russian gov/Putin, there's this Putin bromance and then there's the fact that it's all but certain that the Russian government was behind the hacking of the DNC and quite possibly Podesta.

If there's something to be uncovered, I'd say there was at least a decent chance that Trump wasn't directly involved. If members of his campaign were working as operatives for or in collusion with, a foreign government , that's something that needs to be dealt with.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:23 PM
link   

So will you be demanding the same of Clinton's camp?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian
a reply to: Ohanka

I imagine that a certain amount of contact with foreign leaders is actually routine. Just like when Trump met with the President of Mexico.

This sounds far more like back channel — clandestine in fact — communications between Russian representatives and "a whole array of" of campaign staffers.

If it was perfectly aboveboard, why lie?

Maybe it had something to do with all the "Trump is a Russian agent" stuff flying around at the time? Didn't want to fuel the media fire?

Maybe someone should do a little more digging on this, but I doubt it's anything nefarious.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join