It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oakland Mayor Explains Why Local Police Can't Stop Looting Rioters

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Same BS as the Ferguson mayor pulled.

"let them riot"

BS!

I'd like to see that mayor ask for fed money to rebuild.

Cowards.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
a reply to: yuppa

Actually turn the other cheek is about insults...not defending your life. Jesus dont want you beaten to death or halfway there.

Luke 6:29-- If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other also. If someone takes your coat, do not withhold your shirt from them.

Agreed, although I can't think of a bigger insult than someone trying to kill me. Lets hope these idiots just stick to property damage.

A "slap " isnt actually life threatening. a FIST IS. and that was in dealing with ROMAN soldiers. it dont apply these days because people these days don tthink anything of slapping you with either hand.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I think a few bean bag rounds would smarten them up a little bit... and where are the FEMA camps when you need them...I think a few weeks at camp would help these kids out a lot ...hard work never hurt anybody... as they say Idle Hands are the devil's workshop... I would even throw in some free drugs just to help them be more cooperative
edit on 12-11-2016 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2016 by HarryJoy because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-11-2016 by HarryJoy because: Punctuation

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   
I'd videotape it all, a call for police to help protect, and zoom in on their faces. Then if the police didn't engage them and stop it I'd sue the city for damages +. And then I'd sue the families of the creeps for more damages, let them try to get help from their leaders, hah.

And btw, we pay for police protection with our taxes, the Mayor was a fool to admit they couldn't handle it and not call the Gov for more help to stop it. Just waltzed right into not doing due diligence, not calling for additional help when it was admitted it was needed.

If all the affected business owners in Oakland did this immediately it would stop. And yeah, the Mayor should be history along with the Police Chief, what fools,

Morons,

STM
edit on 12-11-2016 by seentoomuch because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:30 PM
link   
call in the national guard, and start doing the damn job

round them, club them if needed..

start shooting!

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Jesus spoke in parables and metaphors quite a bit, but I don't think it makes it any less relevant just because it is an old saying.

The gist of it could read in a more modern way, "If somebody assaults you don't go looking for revenge".

Buddha, Ghandi, all of the historically peaceful people have the same saying with a few words rearranged.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Well as far as I know. It was similar with migrants in EU.
They were swarming the streets, destroying everything, throwing rocks at cops and into their cars, smashing windows.
Cops mostly didnt intervene in many situations like that, as far as I have seen...or as cautious as possible.

I could understand that these are both quite sensitive situations, also politically...arresting everyone who throws a rock could even make things worse IMO.
Its angry mobs situations.

Those migrants in EU were probably much scarier for the cops, as I can imagine they didnt had much to lose in their situation+angry and it was "generally" 1 group of people.

They should rather be protecting other people (and themselves), rather than making mobs even angrier.

Just my opinion.
I however do wonder what would really happen if they would just roughly contain the destructive ones.
But probably some real # show, heh
Or you would really had to have a good plan, organization and coordination...depending on the scale of the mobs.
Still super risky.
So unless you want a war right outside of your window... xD
(probably wouldnt be as bad in this particular situation...I wouldnt try/want that with the EU migrants situation for example)

But, yeah that also depends on how resilient and determined the vandals/protesters are....which I dont think they would be, in this particular situation, most still probably got things they care about, to go full riot if cops pushed them a bit more.
Which also makes me think that it will generally pass pretty quickly, or will get smaller after time...after most people get their emotions out and just deal with it.
Things current protesters seem to want, dont have that much "structure", if thats the right word, IMO

You gotta admit, they (cops) must be really careful here.
Or suddenly it becomes a "Trump sent cops to arrest protesters", "police state" and what not...
You know how emotional people are.
All of that would create more panic and more unexpected unpredictable situations.

..oh yeah, and the destructive ones would probably join any major protests to do the same thing...

EDIT: You totally should defend if offended, but that doesnt mean "shoot em all" xD

EDIT2:
Funny thing I find about this, is that the current protesters side became much worse than the opposite side, because of their behaviour. And now some people here are suggesting to go even lower than they currently are and become even worse, by wanting to shoot them out/deal with them recklessly.

The example of negative creating more negative (and worse negative).
You dont wanna continue that.... or?
edit on 13/11/2016 by Neoony because: Some late edits/adds

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 12:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Jesus was known to have a armed person follow him sometimes. he wasnt stupid. O f course you dont need to get revenge,but fending off a assault is OK to do.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cancerwarrior
Jesus spoke in parables and metaphors quite a bit, but I don't think it makes it any less relevant just because it is an old saying.

The gist of it could read in a more modern way, "If somebody assaults you don't go looking for revenge".

Buddha, Ghandi, all of the historically peaceful people have the same saying with a few words rearranged.

That fits quite nicely with what Iam saying. :O
For example someone unfairly assaults you and you decide to go full revenge, in that moment you went as low as the attacker, if not even lower. The choice if you want to become the same as him or even worse, instead of dealing with it with a calm mind
But, yeah...assault might not be the best example here, as it depends on many details.

originally posted by: yuppa
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Jesus was known to have a armed person follow him sometimes. he wasnt stupid. O f course you dont need to get revenge,but fending off a assault is OK to do.

But, yeah...you should definitely defend yourself.
Iam really talking about the intent and reason of why you want to "return".

Usually you would get emotional and revenge is the first and one thing, which you cant resist.
But you usually also forget that your brain is at that moment filled with emotional cocktail, fogging your brain.

Question is, do you give yourself into it, or overcome it and start thinking?
----
Quite similar, but not complately, to the current protesters going violent / going low...and then some of the opposing side people, saying "just shoot them"
I wonder if they realize, that at that moment they become even worse, than what they actually despise.

Which I keep saying, will usually backtrack to you sooner or later, and bite you in the ass.

Thats the question. Is the proper response to something negative, something even more negative? Which will be responded with something even more negative, and so on...
Thats the never ending cycle....unless someone breaks it.
edit on 13/11/2016 by Neoony because: Quote error

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Neoony

Hitting back to stop a future attack after getting hit is just common sense.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 01:15 PM
link   
i see these add addled hipster millenials losing interest, and the whole
movement fizzling out despite futile attempts to keep its momentum up

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join