It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Change.org Petition: Electoral College: Make Hillary Clinton President on December 19

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
LOL.

There is no way in hell the electoral college is going to do anything other than what they were ordered to do by the American people.

In some states, it's flat out illegal.

And in all states, the appointees are steadfast rule followers.

It ain't gonna happen.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
a reply to: Profusion

I think that would be the end of the American Republic.

Donald Trump’s election is the end of the American republic…

Just wait and sea

edit on 10-11-2016 by Willtell because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hillary Clinton acknowledged she was defeated, so I don't see the point here.

Also, it's pretty ludicrous to pretend defending «democracy» to basically say Well, electors just have not to respect the people's will and vote for Clinton, they'll pay a fine but to Hell with that!

We're dealing with sore losers there indeed, some guys loving democracy but only when it goes their way! Change.org is full of them, I've already seen such a petition calling for a new vote after the Brexit...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell

originally posted by: Metallicus

I think that would be the end of the American Republic.

Donald Trump’s election is the end of the American republic…

Just wait and sea

And so was Obama's ... And so was Bush's ...

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
So what happens if people who voted for Clinton changed their votes to vote for Trump? It could happen just to show that "they" are willing to work with Trump.

Would these people who clearly don't believe in the American System cry about that too. Where would it end? I think it might be a better waste of our time figuring out whos behind these protests and let the electoral system work. If these people didn't like the out come, then next time they should try and get more to vote. 49% of registered voters voted, now imagine if either side had gotten those 51%ers that didn't vote.

***WARNING RANT AHEAD***

I'm tired of these butt hurt threads about not liking the out come. This is NOT a hit on the OP, but rather a hit on people who don't understand that they have 4 years to change things. Yes, I take this personally, I have a sore hand from punching a "protester" last night after they broke my side window on my car. They claim they want a civil war, but then they called the cops out on me for attacking them.

I'm fine and no charges pressed since the "protester" would have to admit that they vandalized property, but that's the mentality of these "protesters"; "I don't have to take responsibility for my actions, it must be someone else's fault"

Now I'm off to spend more time studying the Shadow Phenomena. Since at least that's more productive then all this trash.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:42 PM
link   
I find this and the "protests" truly deplorable.
Trying to strong arm the electoral college reminds me of gangster tactics.
Bussing in paid protesters courtesy of Soros sickens me as well.
I have no problem with those genuinely concerned and protesting but paying people to do it?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:51 PM
link   
It'll come to pass and people will forget.

Its over with, so now lets get to cracking in these deals and laws.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

One or two might, but what you're suggesting here is a coordinated attempt to subvert the will of the people and the Constitutional process for electing a president of the United States. If they were to do this, I would argue that it falls under the statutes regarding seditious conspiracy and insurrection and should be dealt with as such.

Otherwise, this would result in the end of Constitutional government in the United States and likely a civil war. No thanks, not interested.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
a reply to: smurfy

I think historical president takes front and center though.

Imagine pretending to be a democracy and then at the same time saying it's OK for a person to just say no to the system that was set up to keep things fair and equal as possible. To just say whaaa, I don't like the election results so screw everyone, I won't do what I pledged to do is about as wrong minded as a person could get.

that's what the constitution is saying, it's not what I interpret from it. Of course it works in most cases, but there's no denying that the electoral voters are free agents. Their states may fine them for revoking a pledge, but that's all, except for Michigan and Minnesota who say their vote is void, which is debatable according to the state versus the Federal government in the constitution.
That dissent ruling I showed in my post to you is from 1952, so at this time is fairly historical, and it seems is not contestable, or that nobody has come up with a different slant, re the constitution.
So, I am not overstating the case from the OP, which is presented inaccurately, however it is a possibilty, the main thrust would still need to come from the Republican electoral side though.

As for Trump and his promises, neither here nor there if they don't happen as promised...aka immediately as he said.
That will take a lot of chewing on for both parties, but again mostly the Republican party, especially their electoral voters at this time, before they vote.
Thing is, if you were a electoral voter, what would your premise be vis-à-vis what Trump has said regardless of the other peoples vote?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I think they could do it... but they would be quit stupid to try...

I mean, we already got a good portion of the population angry and upset over a trump win, do we really want to do anything that will drive a good portion of angry and upset trump supporters to the streets to join them??

as much as I don't really like trump, that thought is terrifying!!!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I don't think this will happen. Though if TPTB really wanted to put the final nail in our coffin they would allow the electoral to change their vote, throw us into a civil war and completely divide and conquer us which I think has been the goal for years. But, I am not expecting that due to the complete concession from Clinton and Obama.

However, I think the Dems are up to something. They are all talking too nice about working with him and giving him a chance. I'm not sure what it is but I don't trust them and I think they have something planned. Hearing Dems like Elizabeth Warren, Nancy Pelosi, even Obama say he deserves a chance and they will work with him etc, doesn't sit well with me. Maybe they are going to make sure he is found guilty regarding Trump University. I don't know. Something doesn't seem right though.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: smurfy

So you are saying basically ... how many EC votes can Clinton buy through the foundation?

You are saying that, the constitution allows the electoral college to vote as they like...nothing to do with me.
However if you think that electoral Republicans can be bought, why not just say that?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: awhispersecho
However, I think the Dems are up to something. They are all talking too nice about working with him and giving him a chance. I'm not sure what it is but I don't trust them and I think they have something planned. Hearing Dems like Elizabeth Warren, Nancy Pelosi, even Obama say he deserves a chance and they will work with him etc, doesn't sit well with me. Maybe they are going to make sure he is found guilty regarding Trump University. I don't know. Something doesn't seem right though.

Don't read too much into it.They had absolutely NO contingency plan for a Hillary loss. They just got their backsides kicked in an election they thought they had all wrapped up and they're still trying to process it, understand why it happened, and develop a strategy moving forward. In the meantime, they're playing nice because they honestly don't have a clue why the American people have rejected them for the third time in four national elections since 2010.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy
Thing is, if you were a electoral voter, what would your premise be vis-à-vis what Trump has said regardless of the other peoples vote?

I'm not sure I follow to be honest? I'd just do as I pledged to do and not subvert the process.

When I said "historical precedent" (yes I know I failed to read my own words and spelled that wrong) I was thinking how would a court rule if a revolt were attempted using the elector's. I doubt it would succeed or be supported by any elected office holder or court. I can't see how such a thing would not be doomed to fail before it was attempted.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:53 PM
link   

I never supportered Trump on his run, but the Electoral college seems to work, it gives less populated states a little more power. In this election cycle rural states were overwhelming Trump. Chicago won Illinois for Hillary, while NYC won New York for her too.

Fair is fair, electors in states that Hillary won can change their vote too.

I support the Electoral College and feel it got the election right this year.

This petition will go nowhere, the Electoral College is here to stay.
edit on 10-11-2016 by jrod because: Y

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:58 PM
link   

The Electorial College did not fail.

It worked as intended.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guyfriday
So what happens if people who voted for Clinton changed their votes to vote for Trump? It could happen just to show that "they" are willing to work with Trump.

Would these people who clearly don't believe in the American System cry about that too. Where would it end? I think it might be a better waste of our time figuring out whos behind these protests and let the electoral system work. If these people didn't like the out come, then next time they should try and get more to vote. 49% of registered voters voted, now imagine if either side had gotten those 51%ers that didn't vote.

***WARNING RANT AHEAD***

I'm tired of these butt hurt threads about not liking the out come. This is NOT a hit on the OP, but rather a hit on people who don't understand that they have 4 years to change things. Yes, I take this personally, I have a sore hand from punching a "protester" last night after they broke my side window on my car. They claim they want a civil war, but then they called the cops out on me for attacking them.

I'm fine and no charges pressed since the "protester" would have to admit that they vandalized property, but that's the mentality of these "protesters"; "I don't have to take responsibility for my actions, it must be someone else's fault"

Now I'm off to spend more time studying the Shadow Phenomena. Since at least that's more productive then all this trash.

At least you got to punch the a-hole who broke your window.

I seriously don't get all these people protesting. This is how a republic works, people. Your guy doesn't always win. I want to tell them to suck it up and get involved in fixing things.

I have a feeling Trump is going to work out a lot better than a lot of liberals feared. I think the reality that he's actually the POTUS is sinking in, and he's going to stop with the game-show rhetoric and will govern more to his true leanings, which are far more left than the part he was playing during the election.

And I don't think conservatives are going to be all that upset by it in the end because some of the stuff he wants to do is stuff that could help us all.

So I'm giving him the benefit of the doubt.
edit on 10-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

Lies.
(Said in Trump's debate voice)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join