It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cal-Exit: Brexit style break at our doorstep?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
Didn't see this anywhere else so delete if repeat, as they say.

At least for the West Coast, it looks like there's California, once again, provides the sunshine.

Cal-Exit: The Next Brexit?

Me, personally, have supported the idea of the West Coast seceding from the U.S. entirely for the past 20 years, for numerous reasons, ranging from political, social, economic, environmental, cultural, and geographical. And there is historical basis for the idea, as well.

Cascadia
California Republic

If one thing this election seemed to drive home, even for conservatives and liberals out here, is that we really might as well be a different country, all things considered. I sincerely doubt civil war is suddenly going to break out, but I forsee this being more and more becoming a likely issue in the future, and it's going to get talked about a lot more. And frankly, I've supported the idea since Janet Reno sent her stormtroopers in to California to close down our pot shops and overturn a bunch of voter passed laws.

Plan on seeing this a topic of discussion more and more each coming year in local political discussions from Vancouver B.C. to San Diego.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:58 AM
link   
Just shows how a liberal population view democracy, it didn't go my way lets start banding around absurd notion to better fit my own selfish wants and screw the rest..

I will say the same thing as I did when Brexit happened and people where saying London needs to break away as a separate state.. Do not let the door hit you on the way out...

RA

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:02 AM
link   
Some of us have been hoping for a nice neat earthquake to physcially break California off of the rest of the country.

Ya'll are in your own little delusional world over there.

Bon voyage!

And now given you guys legalized a certain drug, maybe all the ones that came to CO will go back home and stop turning my state into Cali 2.0.

edit on C163110344 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

Cheers. Some of us can surf that wave though.

Between you and me I've thought 2017 was the next big e quake in ca.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Dummy spitters.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Skadi_the_Evil_Elf
A new President is elected, Democrats do not like not getting their own way, decide they want to break off.
Does this remind you of 1860 at all? I think some people on ATS know where you can get hold of a few Confederate flags.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: slider1982
Just shows how a liberal population view democracy, it didn't go my way lets start banding around absurd notion to better fit my own selfish wants and screw the rest..

Yeah ok. While Conservatives are known for their legendary selfless giving to others and their push of inclusiveness.

I love how "Liberals" have caused every problem from Mortal Death to the Common Cold in the eyes of so many Conservatives now.

It must be difficult to see reality from way up there where only Angels fly I guess.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:14 AM
link   

"Waah Waahh Waahhh. I didn't get the result I wanted in this democratic vote. Do it again. Let's protest and break stuff! Waah Waaah Waaah"

Bed wetters.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:15 AM
link   
That would be a blessing to the rest of us, so I hope it happens.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: OneGoal

Cheers. Some of us can surf that wave though.

Between you and me I've thought 2017 was the next big e quake in ca.

Hey I'm all for that, bud. I hope you have the ride of your life.

As far as the quake, I said a "nice" quake.. Meaning one that doesn't damage Grandma's china, or kill people.. (I'm a a-hole, but don't like seeing people get physically hurt)..

I have a feeling from here on out, it's going to be an interesting series of unfortunate events.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:19 AM
link   
a reply to: VerveStentor

OMG.

Apparently Conservatives have no memory now either. Or is it just a willingness to be ignorant about your own recent past where Conservatives have said they were going to secede so many times it became a joke???

Conservatives were threatening to break up the nation for Gay Marriage, Obamacare, pretty much anything Obama wanted to do, etc...

Boy how soon we forget when hypocrisy and double standards are in play!!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:20 AM
link   
Many Nevadans would love to set up a border patrol on the California line.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   
Cali can leave the union only if they become their own nation that includes Texas...otherwise, too bad.

Besides, you know full well the second Cali broke off, it would degenerate into communism within a decade from all the pro-communist millennial hippys there screaming for power.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: mOjOm

Yeah ok. While Conservatives are known for their legendary selfless giving to others and their push of inclusiveness.

I love how "Liberals" have caused every problem from Mortal Death to the Common Cold in the eyes of so many Conservatives now.

It must be difficult to see reality from way up there where only Angels fly I guess.

No body is perfect but the liberal narrative that has been pushed down everyone's throat the last decade is know reaping what they sow.

There are obviously still enough people in the world that use common sense and logic and have had the balls to stand up and be counted when it comes to social ideas that are forced onto them...

Brexit and Trump happening where not a fluke, just wait for the rest of Europe to follow in the coming months and years.

Trump may well have just saved the USA from a sh1t storm that sadly has already happened in Europe.. But then it is far easier to shout racist, fascist and neo nazi than it is to face reality.

RA

edit on 10-11-2016 by slider1982 because: sp

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:25 AM
link   

a reply to: VerveStentor
Conservatives have said they were going to secede so many times it became a joke???

loud, dumb people always want to take their ball and go home when the other team is up to bat.
..they've always been a joke

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

just make sure you'll take Clintons and Obama with ya.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Not at all, most of us "conservatives" aren't as you describe.

The "liberals" are under the false understanding that feelings are the answer to everything, and their feelings aren't to be ignored.

Sadly, the world is a cold, calculating mess of cruelty. Most conservatives actually know this first hand, from one thing to another.

Some of us learned it because we were homeless, jobless, friendless, and hopeless..

Some learn it other ways, and all have busted their ass from the bottom up. So we don't like having to pay for everyone else to be slackers when they are perfectly capable of making their own way in this world, just like the rest of us have had to do.

There is no such thing as a "free lunch", someone is paying for it.

Life works best when you give more then you take, but liberals all seem to only be in it for what they can get out of it.

That's my view, your mileage may vary. Feel free to hate, rage, and call me the problems you wish would go away.

But no, I don't hate liberals, I just think they're lazy with an unrealistic view of how the world works, and infantile when they don't get their way. I also don't think the world's problems are theirs to bear alone, or their fault.

No one is innocent in this mess, but whining about it doesn't make things better. Throwing fits in the middle of the street doesn't make things better either.

/shrug.. Sorry if my words are rough on you, that is not my intention.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:30 AM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

Really???

So he's just elected yesterday and hasn't done a single thing yet other than sell an already used slogan to millions of Americans but he's already saved us has he???

You may want to wait until he actually does something before you start bowing to your new messiah.

But I get what you're saying. When Conservatives do something it's wise and brave but when Liberals do the same thing they are stupid and haters of Democracy. Yeah, I've heard that story quite a few times. One of my favorite myths actually.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

I don't care what you think about Liberals or California either.

I'm just in awe of the double standard being applied here.

I mean it was just in the past couple of years that Conservatives were cheering the idea of leaving the union for multiple reasons.

But now that some liberals say the same thing you act like they invented the idea. It's just hypocritical and lame partisan finger pointing BS.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   
I want to take issue with the word "Brexit-style" in your title.
The very essence of Brexit is that the EU is NOT democracy. Democracy lies in rejecting it. Whereas an anti-Trump secession would be the rejection of a democratic vote.
There is much more mileage in comparing the Trump victory with Brexit (as many were doing even in advance of the event), becasue both involve rejection of political correctness, against the establishment and the establishment media.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join