It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Message To Black Folks and Other Minorities In The New Normal

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Spider879

I think the only way I can see justification of your fears is that whenever someone of color is unjustly killed the impact is much greater. The media coverage wider.

The stats however show a different story on police killings. To use a term of yours that I have stolen and used in my personal life, probably to others dismay. Fkwits need to be dealt with. IRRC you didn't assign a race to that term.

I don't share the vision of a racial SHTF unless they strike first and on a large scale.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Spider879

originally posted by: CriticalStinker

Your didn't answer, what did Obama do for you?

Not a damn thing.

Then do the math, brother.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   

For us, especially Blacks and Latinos I fully expect an uptick in police murders and sanctioned govt harassment called stop & frisk( Giuliani will be top cop that's his thing ) , continued gerrymandering and voter suppression aka assault on voting rights act..but???

One of THE most ignorant comments to date on this site.

Maybe you should educate yourself on the topics you are bringing up because your comments suggest you have no clue what you are talking about.

* - Its stop, DETAIN, and frisk and has been around since the SCOTUS ruling in Terry vs. Ohio. Contrary to the lies told by liberal media its constitutional and used every day in every US state / territory and commonwealth.

* - Gerrymandering is done every 10 years to reflect changes in the census. An important issue considering states can gain and lose representatives in the House depending on state population gain / loss. Without gerrymandering there would be no way for states to make the changes to reflect their population. If you actually read the civil rights act you would notice it contains provisions to outlaw gerrymandering based on ethnic boundaries that tried to reduce political influence of minorities.

* - Certain portions of the voting rights act were ended because its no longer the 1960's. The sections changed affected the states ability to control their elections. If you pick up a copy of the Constitution and actually read it you would notice its the states that determine the manner and method of voting and not the Federal government.

Ironically enough Democrats argue there is no voter fraud and yet they still want to control the political process in some states through the federal governments control.

I find it amazing people want to bitch about something they obviously dont understand / know anything about it.

The fear is coming from a Democratic strategy to divide the nation and then exploit the anger they created. We suffered through 8 years of Obama and came out in the end as will you come out ok in the end of Trumps tenure. So allowing democratic propaganda to over take your ability to research and educate yourself on your own serves no purpose and only perpetuates fear and ignorance.

The essence of Democrats politics is simple -
If we (Democrats) burn the house down maybe the people will hire us to fix it.

How has that worked out so far?

Knowledge is power.
edit on 9-11-2016 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
You live in Japan, and are criticizing America about racism?

Isn't that cute.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Maverick1
Great post. I don't know what else to say.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: JinMI
a reply to: Maverick1
Great post. I don't know what else to say.

Thanks friend. Trust me though, I hate getting all caught up in the moment like that, lol

Anyhow, lets hope the future brings better things for all of us, regardless of who is running the show.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Sorry to bring you down to earth, but you know it wasn't only whites the one that voted for Trump.

Just to let you know.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Your didn't answer, what did Obama do for you?

Not a damn thing.

He hasn't for me either man. And this isn't about black or white, I don't give a fuc# what color you are, your heart beats just like mine.

Politics have helped the few for far to long. Keep an open mind for this hail Mary, if he lies ill speak out as loud as you.

edit on 9-11-2016 by CriticalStinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: MotherMayEye
Then vote. The black voter turn out was very weak and cost Hillary the election.

Yes it was weak because she was weak, as I said the only reason to vote for her was to vote against Trump and that ain't enough, I have major problems with the Dems, we are now divorced, I never wanted her as a candidate she was forced upon us ,by us I am saying the left, now we have Trump and we have to live with that reality for the next 4-8 yrs...like someone said above, he might surprise me, again I am willing to eat crow.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   

If your candidate doesn't get elected cry racist. Got it.

Hillary wasn't my candidate, I fully expect things to go really really bad black folks have to get internal and think about our next move.

Your next "move"?

Do I need to call the FBI?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The republicans are going to shred government spending which will disproportionately hurt minorities, and yes there probably will be a feeling of greater tolerance for hate crimes against minorities so the OP is obviously correct.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:49 PM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

My concerns or fears is about the people who are in his camp doing the little jobs, the ones that worked on his campaign they will be the unseen bureaucrats doing the damage.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

I am not going to rehash the Mexican comment again. You know darn well he was referencing illegal aliens, and that he said some were good people.

Its always about color isn't it. Do you get frightened at the fact that media people and politicians freak out when your race votes as a block, and calls them uneducated? How about when they assume you or anyone from your race that doesn't like policys from the other side are racist? Do you get freaked out at how almost every higher education scholol teaches people about how evil blackness is?

Oh wait, thats white people that are attacked like that.

Everything is not about race. Trump won more of the black vote than Romney did. He is not going to round up black people any more than Obama rounded up white people.
edit on 9-11-2016 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: GodEmperor
You live in Japan, and are criticizing America about racism?

Isn't that cute.

No it's not cute I have friends and fam in the states I am concern for my country, my daughter is planning to go to uni there and I still have my American passport, so no! no cuteness.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:53 PM
link   

YOU and YOUR post is the kind of racism that America rejected en mass yesterday.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrStevenBrule

YOU and YOUR post is the kind of racism that America rejected en mass yesterday.

I don't think your target audience can understand (and by can, I mean capable)(and by target audience, I do Not mean Spider879 exclusively)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:00 PM
link   

How so?

Because Giuliani will make it so he was the one with the stop and frisk.

So here's the thing stop and frisk dropped crime significantly. Sure there is some unwanted harassment involved, but what is worse harassment or people being shot.

I agree it is not an ideal solution, but its goal is to reduce crime and it works. Giuliani is not a proponent of it because he wants to F with people, he is for it to reduce crime.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:01 PM
link   
a reply to: CB328

That could be true but we most remember that those minorities now in the welfare system are the victims of failed polices, bad polices and pandering to special interest from previous administrations in both side.

I guess we forgot that NAFTA was a legacy of the Clintons.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: proximo

So here's the thing stop and frisk dropped crime significantly. Sure there is some unwanted harassment involved, but what is worse harassment or people being shot.

I agree it is not an ideal solution, but its goal is to reduce crime and it works. Giuliani is not a proponent of it because he wants to F with people, he is for it to reduce crime.

I say this over and over to people that complain about profiling and I never get an answer.

There is a group that gets profiled more than any other group, that gets arrested more, sentenced longer, and gets poorer treatment in jails and prisons, and is shot by police in greater numbers than any other demographic.

That group is men. So the next time there is a murder, police should not be able to assume the perpetrator is a man right, despite all of the evidence that men usually commit murders. Police should start looking at little old ladies in nursing homes as much as men, right?

For some reason, no one ever complains about this profiling. I wonder why its ok to profile men, but not other demographics?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: CB328
The republicans are going to shred government spending which will disproportionately hurt minorities, and yes there probably will be a feeling of greater tolerance for hate crimes against minorities so the OP is obviously correct.

1. Republicans have had full controll and haven't cut clinton sh1t. The Republicans are one in the same as the corrupted democrats in crongress.

2. Why are minorities incapable of achieving success like the bogeyman whitey has done?

3. Are their no whitey dependant on the govt?

4. The only tolerance from hate crimes I have seen has come from the democrats and MSM . Well as long as it's a minority against white hate crime that is.

5. most people in 2016 are likely just plain aholes versus racist. Racism in 2016 is associated with ignorance, which people don't embrace.

6. Perhaps grouping people into groups of victims and villians, like the democrats and MSM have done and encouraged might not be the best way to bring people together.

Most people don't want to be labeled a victim or villian, it's no wonder racial tension is growing. I don't see how trump could do any worse than what the democrats have done to minorties?

I guess will see, but it's not like the democrats raised the bar any.
edit on 211130America/ChicagoWed, 09 Nov 2016 22:21:04 -0600000000p3042 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join