It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New First Lady Melania Trump !

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ellie Sagan
a reply to: eluryh22

I don't know what lead balloon means , but I think it's a worthy cause considering people kill themselves over the bullying. It can be very destructive.

Lead balloon meaning "metal balloon"... meaning it won't go anywhere.

A war on cyberbullying is sort of like a war on drugs or a war on terrorism. You can't have a war against an inanimate object or a tactic.

In other words (just my opinion), by the time a kid is bullying another kid (online or in real life) the damage is pretty much already done. No "First Lady Campaign" is going to do anything about that because it is reactionary.

My advice (and this is just off the top of my head)..... I think something "good" to promote would be "Family Game Night." Let people donate board games (or $$$ in lieu of board games to purchase board games) so that families can (try to) set aside at least ONE night a week where they can all sit at the kitchen or dining room table and play a game of Monopoly or Life or Sorry or Candyland or Shoots & Ladders.

You want to stop cyberbullying? Give the would-be bullies a sense of family which (maybe) would cause them to view the world a bit more optimistically and maybe the would-be bullies wouldn't resort to being pricks.

(sorry I rambled a bit there).

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Pardon me.

I think I've entered the wrong locker room or stepped onto the wrong bus perhaps.

Either way, if she can do some good...now that she's there...what's the harm?

At least she doesn't wear pant suits, I think, and she's young-ish.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird
Pardon me.

I think I've entered the wrong locker room or stepped onto the wrong bus perhaps.

Uh... isn't the entirety of navigating this place a series of entering the wrong place at the wrong t

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22

Pardon me.

Uh... isn't the entirety of navigating this place a series of entering the wrong place at the wrong t

Yes!
Unfortunately I , too often, speak before I realize my place.

Haha!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Pardon me.

Yes!

Haha!

Cmon in. we'll get you sorted in no time

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Blue_Jay33

I expect her to be a passive first lady and not an activist one, passive first lady keep themselves on social matters and away from political issues.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Pardon me.

Yes!

Haha!

It's mor

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Is she the first immigrant first lady?

edit on 9-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deny Arrogance
Is she the first immigrant first lady?

No, the first one was Louisa she was married to John Quincy Adams.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:18 PM
link   

I think she's quite stunning. Cat eyes. Her life with Donald hasn't appeared to have gone to her head from what I've seen so far. She doesn't come off as a snob. Some women carry beauty very well. Others cannot.

Her language skills will be an asset and I'm sure she will find plenty of projects to involve herself in.

Good luck, Melania!!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

I think she's quite stunning. Cat eyes. Her life with Donald hasn't appeared to have gone to her head from what I've seen so far. She doesn't come off as a snob. Some women carry beauty very well. Others cannot.

Her language skills will be an asset and I'm sure she will find plenty of projects to involve herself in.

Good luck, Melania!!

Mmmhmmm This is precisely what I meant. Language asset skills...she could absolutely get lost in the aural abyss!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Here's to the First Lady!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:47 AM
link   
I get a feeling like she will be a traditional first lady, sort of like JackieO.

Definately the hottest first lady ever though! Way hotter than ol Bill.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:50 AM
link   
She is a product of soviet education, top!!! And quite beautiful too.

edit on 10-11-16 by Substracto because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: tweetie

Good luck, Melania!!

Maybe not she avoids public speaking because believe it or not her English isn't that good she struggles with it. She learned to speak German from dad slovania while growing up and French from her time as a French model. But English is relatively new for her and a very difficult language to learn especially if your fluent in others. English doesn't follow the same rules as most languages. But in interviews you can see her struggling with English but interestingly there son can speak slovinia French and English the advantage of growing up with parents that speak different languages.

Oh and an interesting fact I read her wedding dress cost Donald 1 million probably more than her ring wow.
edit on 11/10/16 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:07 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

That means when Melania does speak in English, since English is not her first language and she obviously struggles with it, people will listen very carefully to what she has to say.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Cancerwarrior

Perhaps she will bring grace to the White House. It sure could use some.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   
i just wonder if she can talk without sounding like the elephant man.
for to learn the english and marry the donald

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:33 AM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Yeah I see your point about the bullying. But game night.... oh boy... I tried to do that with my family when the boys were growing up and we (they) could never agree on what to play! So even if I chose for them so they didn't have a fight, they would still be grumpy. I don't know what that was all about, we actually are a close family though.

eta: We still have board games in my hopes that one day should we be without power or something... I can get it all together! mwahahah

edit on 10-11-2016 by Ellie Sagan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:40 AM
link   
a reply to: tweetie

When I saw this interview with her, it made me really like her. I think her English is fine. And she definitely is beautiful and gracious and poised.

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join