It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else watching The Crown on Netflix?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Hey folks,
I was just curious if anyone has watched the new show on Netflix, "The Crown?" I myself enjoyed it very much. Was almost sorry I watched it in its first season as I am very thirsty for more seasons already.

I was also curious if any of our Britsh members here have watched it and their opinion on it since Elizabeth is their Queen. Is the show accurate?

I have always had a high regard for her as a woman and her status in this world and just the history she has experienced from that position. This show has made me appreciate her just that much more. How ones life gets so "locked in" in that position. To be so neutral. As was said in the show, "To do nothing is the hardest thing of all."

I read the show is slated for six seasons. I really hope it makes it.

No surprise John Lithgow has done a Excellant job portraying Winston Churchill. He has always been a great character actor IMHO.

Anyhow, was just curious. Would love to have others to discuss it with.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: onehuman

I watched it and really enjoyed it too.

I'm a British history-aholic and can never get enough of it, so this series is right up my alley.

I thought Claire Foy as Queenie was excellent and so was Matt Smith as Phillip. Both are very believable and seem to have nailed down their personalities to a tee.

There's supposed to be six seasons in total to cover all of Elizabeth's life to date.

... and now we have to wait forever before the next season airs.

*sigh*

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:52 PM
link   
We've only watched the first episode so far but were impressed with it. Looking forward to having some time a little later to watch the rest. I don't watch much tv at all but I'll have to say that Netflix has captured me a few times.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:14 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

Lol, yes I know the dreaded Wait! Hopefully it won't be a year long wait. Bad enough waiting for KIng of Thrones another favorite of mine.

When I think back to when I was twenty five, my gosh... Even though I was raised well and went to good schools, I couldn't imagine becoming a ruler of people over night. That was sort of one thing that surprised me a bit. I thought the elite like that had a better education. Apparently grooming was the utmost of importance. How does one groom for that frame of mind though???

Sixty five years later. What an incredible life. So full and yet probably very empty in many ways. It is no wonder she is loved by her people.
So happy to have a fellow fan to follow along with the show!

@diggindirt. I don't think you will regret taking the time to watch this show at all. Far from mind numbing like many others out there.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:21 PM
link   
On a similar track, here is an extract which might interest you. It's taken from a BBC play called "A question of attribution", about the Queen's art expert (Sir Anthony Blunt) who was outed as a Russian spy. This is part of the conversation which takes place when she catches him inspecting one of her pictures (he fails to spot the advance party of corgis).

edit on 9-11-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:44 PM
link   

When I think back to when I was twenty five, my gosh... Even though I was raised well and went to good schools, I couldn't imagine becoming a ruler of people over night. That was sort of one thing that surprised me a bit. I thought the elite like that had a better education. Apparently grooming was the utmost of importance. How does one groom for that frame of mind though???

Yes, that one took me by total surprise too.

It was a different world back in those days... particularly for females. But even still, you would think a full and well-rounded education would be of utmost importance for someone like an heir apparent, whether they were male or female ?!

Crazy !

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI
This was a very nice share. Thank you. When I have a few moments I will be pursuing this to hopefully be able to watch more, or the whole thing. It was new to me. Thanks again

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge
Yes, I know what you mean. Funny though with all the education I have had, I was fortunate to learn early on that my path in life went a lot further down the road utilizing basic common sense. Oddly something that seems to be lacking these day in a almost alarming way.

Lol crazy!

edit on 11/9/16 by onehuman because: Typo

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I enjoyed it so much!

I wish they started the series with Victoria and worked their way up!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:49 PM
link   

I'm just starting the 2 EP it's been ok so far.

top topics

join