It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What they thinking?! The Medical Marijuana states voted for Hillary Clinton.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Essentially all of the Medical marijuana states voted for Hillary (except Michigan). It's damn those were the only states that did. To really spice it up, Florida, Arkansas, North Dakota all voted it in. Arizona is the wild card in this perspective, not emboldening it there, but Montana emboldened their laws on the matter.

So what you ask? They were effectively voting for Hillary to shut down the operations in states like California, Oregon, Washington and Colorado.

Her on the record plan was to schedule it over to the FDA, making the new law federal, which would have run in direct contradiction to their style laws there, while handing it over the Big Pharm. I argue what surely would have come was the militarization of the FDA in those states, where we would have seen them shutting down the shops and so on.

Her off the record position, as revealed by Wikileaks, only supports my argument:
WikiLeaks Shows Hillary Clinton Was Against Pot Legalization In 'All Senses Of the Word'

What about Trump, well he couldn't exactly campaign decriminalization dealing with the GOP, but...
Trump MIGHT be set on dismantling the War On Drugs....

edit on 9-11-2016 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:23 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
If Chris Christie or any number of other people are appointed by Trump it may be the end of recreational and medical in a lot of places.

Seems weird we have to guess amongst ourselves about the presidents policies even after he's been elected.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Its called toward thinking!

Alcohol is way worse than pot!

link   
Its called toward thinking!

link   
YOUR Wrong Trump won fl and we just passed medical weed with 71 % the heck you talkin bout willis?

www.fox13news.com...

link   
Its called forward thinking!

link   
Its called forward thinking!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   
My understanding is Trump would leave it up to the states?

As far as OP goes.. here in Michigan we have a pretty sweet medicinal program going and don't need much more. State sanctioned recreational might be nice but there is always a Trojan horse.

Right now there is plent of good meds for the people who need it. And they can easily access. Any FDA or federal meddling would only make things worse... taking meds and industry from the good people and locking it down with taxes and unnecessary regulations...

And for the un prescribed.. well life is better for them too. Which is how it should be in a truly free society.

a reply to: underwerks

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Congratulations on that btw!
I hve family in Florida.. just recently visited and while the meds were good they were way overpriced and the level of paranoia made me feel like a middle schooler again.

If I were you I would jump into the industry NOW! Don't know your laws exactly but if growing is allowed either open a grow store or just start growing.. I missed the boat on that here and have friends in the industry and I will always regret not listening to the hippies.. get in on the green rush while the gettin is good.

a reply to: starfoxxx

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall
Its called forward thinking! Alcohol is way worse than pot!

We got that the first 3 times you said it. Pot also makes you docile. All you think about is getting high, so you won't care what the government is doing to you. The correlation is not accidental.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Please keep this in mind -

16e.) Illicit Activity: Discussion of illicit activities, specifically the use of mind-altering drugs & substances, engaging in computer hacking, promoting criminal hate, discussing sexual relations with minors, and furtherance of financial schemes and scams are strictly forbidden. You will also not link to sites or online content that contains discussion or advocacy of such material. Any Post mentioning or advocating personal use of illicit mind-altering drugs will result in immediate account termination.

i) Narcotics and illicit mind-altering substances, legal or otherwise: discussing personal use or personal experiences as the result of such substances is not allowed in any form.

Thanks and do not reply to this message.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: schuyler

We got that the first 3 times you said it. Pot also makes you docile. All you think about is getting high, so you won't care what the government is doing to you. The correlation is not accidental.

The opposite of that has been true in my experience.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:39 PM
link   
That's cute but not true.
Lazy people are lazy with or without pot.

Motivated people are motivated with or without pot.

I'm not saying it's for everyone ... but that's a broad statement and I think you'd be surprised how many successful active people are regular par takers.

Not to mention the medical and life changing potential it has. Not everyone is just a pot smoking hippie.

a reply to: schuyler

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:41 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

The problem with federal laws banning marijuana is the financial aspect. Banks won't take dispensary's and grower's money and they can't take credit cards.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks

[We got that the first 3 times you said it. Pot also makes you docile. All you think about is getting high, so you won't care what the government is doing to you. The correlation is not accidental.

The opposite of that has been true in my experience.

Agreed. Along the experience of the drug itself comes with a healthy dose of skepticism against the status quo. The reaction is "THIS is what they've been throwing people in prison for for decades?" What a horrible waste of time, money, and energy.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Doesn't make me docile.

It affects people differently.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
You are looking at charts of complete states.
Find a broken down to electoral votes chart and you will see a different representation.

b

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:55 PM
link   
the end of MJ will be its carriage as "medicinal". The FDA will end up with it in the long run I think. Which will make it a whole different type of animal for people looking to have it recretionally.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

That's what I said. I pointed it out as how odd that the blue med states sort of 'all' voted it out via Hillary, meanwhile multiple normally red anti-med states voted it in.

top topics

join