It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A chance to be UNITED again...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:23 PM
link   
We all saw what the last 8 years were like. The amount of hateful vitriol, the extreme resistance to cooperate, the division...

If Hillary had won, it would have only continued, if not gotten worse. It would have been 4-8 more years of total gridlock and 4-8 years of constant impeachment talk. It would have been 4-8 years of sexism coming out of the woodwork, hot on the heels of racism.

But here's our chance.

They no longer feel disenfranchised. They no longer feel ignored. And maybe... their anger will begin to subside... if we follow our higher selves. Indeed, for the first time in almost a decade we are hearing them call for unity.

So maybe we do what they refused to do. We give their guy a chance. We give him respect as a president. We don't doubt his legitimacy. We disagree where appropriate but in an honorable way.

Liberals are high-minded people. They are the open-hearted, tolerant and fair.

Whether it's appreciated or not, I think the only move forward is to hold strong, to remain open-minded, to continue speaking up for those who are disadvantaged or suffering, and to continue showing our love and commitment to the founding principles of a UNITED States of America.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Nikola014

Yep, but here we are... We all know it's on liberals to be the better people.
It's on Democrats to accept responsibility, to never suggest for even a moment that they won't concede. So all I'm saying is... if Republicans now have their win, we use this moment, much like I would with a child who is momentarily happy, to try to get on the same page... to teach what it means to be united.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Obama and Clinton called for cooperation today.

Let's see who does it and who does not.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:43 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I'm willing to bet that people on Breitbart or GLP could care
less about what a black person or "liberal democratic" woman have to say.
Those people made up large portions of Trumps voting base.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

It is not time for man to end the world in misery! I saw the look of relief on President Obama when he gave his speech this morning. I saw the look of relief on Russia's Prime Minister Mr. Putin when it was announced that Donald Trump is the President of the USA! I predict that there will be a sense of greater Unity and Cooperation worldwide!

I feel that in the next 4 years, our trade deficits will be cut by at least 75%. I know that it has the potential to happen now. Like President Trump said, he will bring the jobs back. He will make America healthy again. He will bring manufacturing (77,000 factories....) back to the USA.

I have said before on ATS: Imagine what humanity could do if the world worked together as a TEAM instead of endless wars, etc., etc., etc.. Now I believe there is a much greater chance for these things to happen. Let the Freedom Bells ring, as America is restored to the greatness that it has been renowned for from time to time since its inception!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
It is so wonderful to see the educated, elevated, elite stoop so low as to embrace the deplorable, racist, sexist, unwashed, uneducated, unenlightened heathens in unity.

God bless you all.

sniff. . . I promised myself I wouldn't cry. . . now I need a tissue

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
It is so wonderful to see the educated, elevated, elite stoop so low as to embrace the deplorable, racist, sexist, unwashed, uneducated, unenlightened heathens in unity.

God bless you all.

sniff. . . I promised myself I wouldn't cry. . . now I need a tissue

Yes, true colors reveal themselves every step of the way, don't they...

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:40 PM
link   

BUUUUUUUUURRRRRRRRNNNNNNNNNNN

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: spiritualzombie
a reply to: Nikola014

Yep, but here we are... We all know it's on liberals to be the better people.
It's on Democrats to accept responsibility, to never suggest for even a moment that they won't concede. So all I'm saying is... if Republicans now have their win, we use this moment, much like I would with a child who is momentarily happy, to try to get on the same page... to teach what it means to be united.

Oh, you mean that Trump shouldn't be like Obama? "I WON."

Understand as you guys stare at the map and realize that your party is in shambles right now, top to bottom all over the nation, that those two words from Obama have led you to this.

You hold next to no governorships, you have lost state legislatures, you have neither of the two houses of Congress, and now you have lost the presidency too.

This all began after the unilateral passage of Obamacare and continued to progressively worsen each cycle since as the unilateral action progressed and the "diversity" (division) continued at every level.

And this is what we have to show for it. Why do you deserve to have your hands in the pie now?

I am genuinely asking?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

Do you think the unanimous Republican decision to deny Obama any cooperation --- to make his failure their topmost goal
had anything to do with that? It doesn't matter anymore.

I don't think Republicans appreciate how badly the country was broken last night. The nasty mean-spirited, deeply dividing campaign that Trump ran.... it went so low... And to see most of the country sway that direction... to reward a guy who bragged about sexual assault and promised so much pain to other people and inspired so much hate... It's really hard to reconcile.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Thing was that it doesn't matter you perceive them have done or not.

At that point in time, they couldn't do a damn thing to stop anything. They were a minority incapable of even mounting a filibuster.

No. The Democrats own all of Obamacare. It was their choice as a party to refuse to take any Republican suggestions and do the hard dealing in back rooms behind closed doors without any of them present.

Any compromises and deals you heard about were done for two reasons:

1.) The American public DID NOT WANT IT and they tried to make it more palatable sounding

2.) There were Democrat legislators who worried, rightly, that voting for it would be their jobs and so demanded huge concessions.

And it all started with Obama saying, "I Won."

And the Democrats continued to hold the same super majority for a further year or so after that. Anything they wanted, they could have done. Problem was they had spent their political capital on Obamacare, and it all went downhill from there.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:31 PM
link   

I don't think Republicans appreciate how badly the country was broken last night. The nasty mean-spirited, deeply dividing campaign that Trump ran.... it went so low... And to see most of the country sway that direction... to reward a guy who bragged about sexual assault and promised so much pain to other people and inspired so much hate... It's really hard to reconcile.

As for breaking the country?

Please, it was broken long ago. If you are just now waking up to it. Consider that it took the election of Trump to make you hear us.

Because other posters here are right, you've been pretty darn derogatory toward any of us you perceive as not being in line with your perceived "correct" mode of thought.

So again, why do you deserve this consideration?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:40 PM
link   

What consideration do you think I'm asking for? I'm just waiting to see if this new rise of power will ever show any redeeming qualities.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: MagicCow
a reply to: xuenchen

Those people made up large portions of Trumps voting base.

I seriously doubt Brightbart &/or GLP frequenters were the vast core of Trump supporters...

I rather think that Americans who had a distain for the lofty Obama plan to 'Fundamentally Transform America' at the core,
were the real rank-&-file profile of the majority of those Trump Supporters....

they understood the 'Dark Sentences' the Transformation entailed ~~ such as separate Sharia Law regions carved out of the former 'United States'... having race relations devolve to the pre 1960s era once again, led by the street organizer #44
edit on th30147873540909502016 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Burn baby burn, sleep in the bed you made... For 8 years, everyone that voted for Trump asked you to stop, and your party said No.

Now, you reap what you have sown and I hope that his entire legacy is wiped out in the first 100 days.

Move to Europe if you don't like it here, we ain't them as much as you want us to be.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:33 PM
link   
The amount of pure hate Trump swirls around.... I hope his newly found unity message continues and I hope he truly tries to bring people together.
edit on 9-11-2016 by spiritualzombie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Bear with me here, and understand that I mean no disrespect, but looking at this from outside the left-right paradigm...

"I don't think Democrats appreciate how badly the country was broken the last eight years. The nasty mean-spirited, deeply dividing agenda that Obama has ran... it went so low... And to see most of the country sway that direction... to reward a guy who bragged about killing people and promised so much pain to other people and inspired so much hate... it's really hard to reconcile."

I know I am comparing apples to oranges... or maybe more like peaches to nectarines... but I hope you see my underlying point: What you see today is the opposite side of the same coin Trump supporters have seen for the last eight years.

I understand the anger, frustration and even fear that many people feel today. I also understand the anger, frustration and fear that many people have felt for the last eight years. Neither is more righteous or deserving than the other. Both are valid and legitimate. And both will only escalate unless and until we all take a step back and make a concerted effort to respect and protect everyone's best interests.

This is an opportunity.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   
a reply to: St Udio

Vast core and large portions are two different things.
They were however part of the driving force.
Nobody likes to say it or talk about it.
It has now become politically incorrect to call
racist bigots - racist bigots.
They now run to their safe space words "reverse racism"..."white guilt".."white shaming"..
Don't know if you aware of this but there is a portion of white american citizens
that genuinely believe there is an agenda to destroy them.
Serious poop - you can't make this up.
You think sharia law is coming to the U.S.?? Tell me more.

top topics

join