It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump..What about his healthcare

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

I listened to his rallies. He said that We have 4,000 drugs and medical products that are waiting for years and years for approval, and many of the patients who are sick from chronic diseases die by the time that a better remedy or product/treatment becomes available.... I am broadly paraphrasing and added a few words to what he said, but I actually believe that President Trump will try to fast-track things that will cure diseases-or at the very least make them more manageable.

With the diseases that can not be more finely tuned or "cured", I predict that he will come up with something like he said. Across border (state) health insurance programs, to make premiums more competitively priced. I also predict that he will put restrictions on how much the drug companies can charge for their remedies. Donald Trump knows the real cost of manufacturing the drugs, and the profit margins that the CEO's and Execs have in these industries. I predict great changes for the American health care system. I think if any of these better medications or medical procedures do get approved-those remedies and "cures" will be exported to the rest of the world. Getting rid of the diseases that are out there will reduce the medical deficits rapidly. When it gets exported to the rest of the world, there will be MASSIVE trade surpluses in the USA.

These are my predictions. I hope with every last milligram of my being that these things above will be achieved by our new President. Thank you America!
edit on 11/9/2016 by InFriNiTee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:58 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

The Government can help manage diseases in my humble opinion under one strict condition: They start allowing things like stem cell therapy (cloned stems-not aborted tissue!), and MANY other proven effective treatments to be approved and start getting rid of disease SINCE WE CAN.

Look at my thread and comments on diabetes! For God's Sake! Let some of the illness be removed with the TECH THAT WE HAVE NOW! (Diabetes cell-pouch, Dr. Burzynski's PROVEN cancer therapy-it will probably become easier to get, and many others. They have enough tech now to eradicate almost all autoimmune diseases and diabetes type 1 and 2, cancer, and heart disease. Those are the 3 biggest killer categories and debt generators in the 38th healthiest country in the world: The USA. We will be a lot healthier once some of these things become available.

There is a far greater chance of this happening now, and I am 100% in support of that type of gov't. healthcare!
The reason there is a far greater chance of this now is because our President is not beholden to the fascist pharmaceutical monopolies. He took ZERO donations from big-pharma, and he will stand true to his principles. Nobody can buy out an idea this big!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Don't worry guys. His plan is to put it fully into the hands of private insurers with even less restrictions than they had before. You know... those awesome private insurers who used to deny coverage based on pre-existing conditions. They'll make it all better for you... and by " better for you", I mean better for them.

Go America.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

What is this? Google?

Government should not be involved in healthcare.

Seems to work for us. I paid $32 out of pocket to have my cancer cured. (parking fees at the oncology centre)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:58 PM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie

Ah yeah. That's another big question. What about the 'pre existing illnesses' clause that used to negatively hit Americans? Can that be reversed and would Trump be in favor of reversing that?

Thank you all for the good info -- I do most of my longer reading on ATS, I really appreciate it. I was a Bernie supporter and align with most of his ideas but Trump is my president now and I want to get to know him and his ideas. Healthcare is a huge interest of mine and I want to be optimistic with Trump since he has a clean slate.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: 11andrew34

About runaway costs........ Insurance should be for catastrophic care and preventative care, not everyday sick visits. Doctors used to offer a flat fee rate for no insurance, mine had a reasonable rate which actually saved me money and made her more money.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The biggest change I would like to see is preventive testing for everything instead of waiting until people are already sick. As an example, women start getting tested every couple years for breast cancer at the age of 30. A man comes in with high blood pressure, test him for heart issues right away instead of figuring it's just because he's over 50 now only to have him have a massive heart attack and need surgery, meds, and rehab.

When people have issues that could be any one of many different medical conditions, we test for them all immediately instead of going with the odds and assuming it's probably nothing serious. After months of 1 medication at a time and 1 test at a time, they end up sick with cancer, need full on treatment, costs everyone a fortune and they still might die. Be proactive instead of reactive, will save insurers and the patients money on the long run. A cat scan ahead of time costs less than a cat scan to confirm a disease and the treatments and meds that come after. Might just save some lives too.

As far as what Trump plans. Don't know. I have heard him say a few different things. I think his new medical plan will be whatever the house presents to him. They will write the bill.
edit on 9-11-2016 by awhispersecho because: because I can

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:05 PM
link   
I believe he has said he wants to repeal Obamacare and replace it with open, free competition nation-wide (as opposed to localized insurance monopolies).

I have doubted in the past that such a strategy will work, but Trump won and I'll support his bid to get this particular set of laws passed, and I'll keep my fingers crossed that it works out the way he wants.

If it's the disaster I previously expected it to be, we can always aim for single payer when his term is over -- my belief is that we're heading in that direction no matter what.

But like I said, I am willing to be convinced otherwise.

One thing I wonder about: Will he lift the restrictions on foreign insurance companies competing here? Based on his rhetoric about foreign trade, I would think not. Such a thing would absolutely destroy the domestic insurance companies, as the biggest baddest insurance companies in the world are not from this country.
edit on 9-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:06 PM
link   
a reply to: awhispersecho

Keeping my fingers crossed Dem's and Repub's can finally come together and get some work done under Trump. I know it seems like a stretch but you know he's got a clean slate and it's possible. Just gonna take some real effort.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gumerk

Keeping my fingers crossed Dem's and Repub's can finally come together and get some work done under Trump. I know it seems like a stretch but you know he's got a clean slate and it's possible. Just gonna take some real effort.

He's got a tough road ahead of him. I would not have wanted to become President at this point. So much up in the air with the economy, foreign relations, our own state of disarray, a media that will tear him up. Won't be easy. And while I would like the bickering to stop, I'm not always for compromise or working together. I figure if one side has an idea that's simply not good, there is no reason to work with them or compromise. Makes no sense to start out with a great idea or policy and turn that into a just OK idea or policy just because you think you need to reach across the isle and compromise.

I thought the last 8 years were a disaster, I don't feel the need to work with anyone that was a part of that. I could say that about the last 30 years to be honest. So basically, anyone who is in there now, no need to work with them. They were all a part of making us the disaster we are now. Probably good I'm not president.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gumerk

He's got a tough road ahead of him. I would not have wanted to become President at this point. So much up in the air with the economy, foreign relations, our own state of disarray, a media that will tear him up. Won't be easy. And while I would like the bickering to stop, I'm not always for compromise or working together. I figure if one side has an idea that's simply not good, there is no reason to work with them or compromise. Makes no sense to start out with a great idea or policy and turn that into a just OK idea or policy just because you think you need to reach across the isle and compromise.

I thought the last 8 years were a disaster, I don't feel the need to work with anyone that was a part of that. I could say that about the last 30 years to be honest. So basically, anyone who is in there now, no need to work with them. They were all a part of making us the disaster we are now. Probably good I'm not president.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

What is this? Google?

Government should not be involved in healthcare.

Unfortunately, many can't afford health care.

A couple more inconvenient truths too:
Under our old system people were held hostage to their employers in order to have health care. Have you ever seen someone go to a job they hate, unable to quit, because they need the health insurance for their family? No freedom to leave and get it elsewhere. I have. It's a sad thing to see.

Health care premiums have been rising for years, it was 8 years ago now so it's easy to forget, but the rate of premium increases actually slowed down under the ACA. They still went up, but they were rising even faster in the past.

Last, people who worked their entire lives were getting sick with illnesses like cancer, going past treatment limits, and losing everything they worked their entire lives for, in order to try and pay the bills.

Honestly, the only systems that are going to work are either if we start letting poor and middle class people die in the streets from a lack of life saving treatment they can't afford. Or, if we do away with the concept of insurance entirely. Health insurance is a flawed concept anyways because insurance works on protecting the majority against the small chance of something catastrophic. With health care though, you're guaranteed to get a serious illness at some point.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join