It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump..What about his healthcare

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:09 PM
link   
Does anyone know what kind of health care system Trump aims to put in place of The Affordable Healthcare Act? Very important for so many Americans. Thanks

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Gumerk

What is this? Google?

Government should not be involved in healthcare.

link   
If I remember he wants bundle allocations for each state to deal with it HE WANTS to kick the issue down stairs and open up cross state affiliations for the providers to create competition.

link   

Hopefully none, he is not your parents.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:17 PM
link   

What is this? Google?

LOL

On a serious note, I agree. Government should not decide healthcare for us. unless they are giving it away to everyone free of charge.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:19 PM
link   
a reply to: slapjacks

It would not be free. It would be paid for by tax payers.

link   

originally posted by: Gumerk
Does anyone know what kind of health care system Trump aims to put in place of The Affordable Healthcare Act? Very important for so many Americans. Thanks

Whatever kind of healthcare system the special interests that surround him tell him to.

link   

originally posted by: Blueracer

What is this? Google?

In 2000 he is on record saying we need universal healthcare and Ive heard him say he is getting rid of ACA and replacing it with something better. Not a lot of detailed info on Google about it.

Perhaps you need a Snickers bar.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I thought he had mentioned Health Savings Accounts on the campaign trail.

He mentioned replacing Medicare with them: ABC News

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   
For a long time, Trump was openly for a single payer system. It's true he succeeded in keeping the issue out of the spotlight during the election.

I'm not completely against it in theory. In practice, the government would tend to make a very inefficient system that was built to rip people off and channel profits to large corporations.

If anyone can do better, it's Trump. He knows how to run large scale business, and won without having to take anywhere near as much money from the industry as a typical politician would have, let alone Hillary, the biggest pay-for-play scammer in political history.

The view from the big chair is different. First I'd expect him to explore what is really possible to get done from up there.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:36 PM
link   

His healthcare?

Or is it his plans for health insurance?

Obama sold the insurance as "healthcare".

I think his plans might be outlined on his campaign website(s).

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Health care should be free for everyone at the point of use, it's a universal necessity that all citizens ought to be entitled to.
If it wasn't for the big diss between the medical profession and the drug makers, the cost mightn't be anywhere as much as drugs cost today, same goes for consultancies, and it's a big money maker with a 'captive' audience so to say.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:37 PM
link   

What is this? Google?

I take it that you are NOT interested in moving to Canada then.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy
I thought he had mentioned Health Savings Accounts on the campaign trail.

He mentioned replacing Medicare with them: ABC News
Good idea. But would need a backup slush fund for those who cant save.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Yeah, uh, he has no plan, accept to get rid of the Affordable Care Act. Hilary's plan, was to keep what works, like it or not it has not completely failed, and get rid of what does not.

More Americans have insurance now than ever before! There needs be a way to get the cost down for us. I think it would be foolish to completely due away with it, but that's what Trump said, oh well.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: kurthall

More Americans have insurance now than ever before! There needs be a way to get the cost down for us. I think it would be foolish to completely due away with it, but that's what Trump said, oh well.

There should be ways, but when things are left to market forces you can bet it will always be expensive, the same old merry-go-round, all that changes is the colour of the Carousel.
It might be worth looking for cheaper drugs though, maybe/there are, some patents have expired and could be made much cheaper, AKA Generic drugs.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:10 PM
link   

What is this? Google?

Good god, heaven forbid the government attempts to give people who can't afford health care coverage or dropped by their providers because of a serious illness.
In my eyes people who deny or denounce universal healthcare provided or aided by some form of government have zero empathy for others lives. Capitalistic greed, check you privilege for once.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:39 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

I don't want government involved in my healthcare as long as I am able bodied and able to work a job to buy it. That being said yes, I don't mind paying taxes to provide for those that cannot work, children and the elderly. I want the government to quit screwing me out of a full time job because they didn't close a loophole requiring employers to provide insurance to those who now work 30 hours a week or more. That just gave big corporations license to make all the jobs they could part time. So not only am I being screwed by the government, the big corporations are screwing me too. You'd think I'd get a kiss at least.
edit on 9-11-2016 by flowerpower691 because: typo

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Hopefully he would adopt Tommy Douglas' Canadian Health care system:

www.democracynow.org...

I know for a fact I have spent over 2 yrs in a hospital (over a lifetime), a few of which in ICU and I have paid zip for that nor for medication. Thank you Tommy.
edit on 9-11-2016 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   
The first thing I'd do to control costs is completely subsidize medical school and buy out their existing student loans. Instead of debt, give young doctors-to-be a stipend even. It has been a while since I did the back of the envelope sort of math, but iirc it was very affordable. The whole student loan system needs reformed somehow or another and this should be an easy and obvious first part of it.

As part of the deal, begin expanding medical training again with incentives and direct spending. The number of doctors trained per year has been relatively stagnant due to basic trade protectionism. The result is that doctors make a lot of money (once they are in their 40s-50s) but are very overworked. The solution is helping doctors prosper with this and other solutions, like tax breaks on income earned from medical services.

originally posted by: smurfy
There should be ways, but when things are left to market forces you can bet it will always be expensive, the same old merry-go-round, all that changes is the colour of the Carousel.

The market was left to market forces in the past, in the days before insurance.

Before insurance, healthcare was relatively inexpensive in real prices. When people couldn't pay, Doctors would take the loss. That usually happened on emergency lifesaving procedures whereas care that was not essential life saving simply wouldn't get done if you couldn't pay up front.

While insurance has lead to runaway cost increases, it has also inarguably lead the advancement of medical science and better care. More non-essential care happens now, leading to more advances so it has lead to better standards of care overall. So I wouldn't argue for a complete return to the way things used to be.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join