It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is not the time to celebrate the Trump victory

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:24 PM
link   
While I'm very pleased about the election results, I want to remind people that as of now, nothing has changed.

While I'm oh so thankful that I won't have to hear that shrill voice of Hillary over the next four years, all we have received from Trump thus far are ideas and concepts.

NOW is when the work begins. Trump's work as President (Elect) and our work as an engaged public.

I understand that newly elected Presidents often get a small "honeymoon" period and I'm fine with that.

That being said, it's going to be as important as ever for all of us (Trump supporters and non-supporters) to be as critical of him as we would be with Hillary.

He asked for the job. We gave him the job. Now I expect him to do the job and do it well.

This is not the time to celebrate the Trump victory. The time(s) to celebrate will come as his policies come into affect and become (hopefully) successful.

God bless all of you.
God bless Trump.
God bless America.

+2 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   
a reply to: eluryh22

Correct.
It is the time to celebrate Hillary Clinton's defeat.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:27 PM
link   

He was voted in almost 12 hours ago.

I haven't seen crap change!

No wall.
High taxes.
Still stuck with Obamacare.

I hate him.

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:29 PM
link   
To me it's time to celebrate because I know for a fact that now Hillary Clinton will NEVER be considered the President of the United States.

I consider that a win in itself.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:31 PM
link   
We should at least get 24 hours to party it up, be happy, and celebrate a little. I mean, the man just got elected last night for crying out loud, and you're telling us we can't celebrate? What's a victory without a little celebration, right? Just relax man, it hasn't even been 24 hours yet, and we're starting off with a good thing, lets keep the good vibe going...........

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Sounds like a plan. But I understand how resentments can be held after a heated election. I dished it out, and I can take it as well.

I've made my peace and take Trump at his word of UNITY. He is showing class and style in victory.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: gunshooter

I hear ya. Rest assured I'm as happy as a pig in stuff today.

This election got so yuge that a lot of people who previously weren't engaged in politics at all started to pay attention. I'm just hoping that now that the circus is over, people remain engaged.

With that.... I will be opening a bottle of champagne that has been sitting in the wine cooler later tonight.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: TheLotLizard

I had a recurring and horrifying thought last night.

I said to myself.... She's finished. She's done. She will never threaten us with a presidentail run again."

Then I thought.... Is she finished? Is she done? Is she going to be back in a few years to try it again?

Then I got a chill down my spine and had a stiff drink.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:39 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I guess I've felt so defeated over the past ten years or so that I'm... I dunno.... almost traumatized to the point that I find it hard to believe things will make a turn for the better.

POBS.... Post Obama Bush Syndrome

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:41 PM
link   
The day of victory is precisely the time to celebrate.

Plenty of time for concern trolling later.
edit on 9-11-2016 by Deny Arrogance because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Diplomatic channels opening with Russia, there is that.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bobaganoosh

Diplomatic channels opening with Russia, there is that.

Trump did say he would meet with Putin prior to inauguration day. I'd like to see that happen.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:43 PM
link   

know what this proves? It proves that no number of chickens sacrificed to Moloch in Hillary's back yard and no amount of breast milk and sperm Podesta can drink could have won the election for them. That Marina Abramovic is bat# crazy and so are democrats.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Exactly, we can take a little time today to savor the media tears, but this was just the first fight in a long, long war.

The establishments of both parties are not going to just give up. They'll keep working to do it all their way and either work to undermine this presidency or subvert it.

The fight will march on.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Here's something to make you shudder.

One liberal office worker to another this morning: Don't worry so much ... Warren will be all ready to go in four years.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:49 PM
link   
ill believe things will improve when I see it. All i see is another Rothschild puppet sitting in our White House.

ETA: i keep saying it...our government has 3 jobs

1. Defend our borders
2. Defend our currency
3. Defend our economy

If he can accomplish 2 out of 3...he'll be legend. I suspect that it'll be status quo, though.

edit on 11/9/2016 by bigfatfurrytexan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:10 PM
link   
This is exactly the time to celebrate. We now have something we have not had for generations. HOPE.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: butcherguy

Correct.
It is the time to celebrate Hillary Clinton's defeat.

^This^

&

If for no other reason than that Hillary lost.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

The establishments of both parties are not going to just give up. They'll keep working to do it all their way and either work to undermine this presidency or subvert it.

The fight will march on.

Well said, lets hope for the best.

Today, I am going to enjoy this moment in time.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: eluryh22
a reply to: gunshooter

With that.... I will be opening a bottle of champagne that has been sitting in the wine cooler later tonight.

But how do you fit that big bottle inside of that little bottle?
edit on 11/9/2016 by sputniksteve because: Quote instead of Reply

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join