It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The America I Woke Up To

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: ColaTesla
That isn't fireworks you hear folks, it's the sound of liberals heads exploding.

What a beautiful noise.

What an insightful comment to make that clearly is related to the OP.

Echo chambers also produce a beautiful noise.

Aww C'mon now man, Its hilarious, You guys are in hysterics, Just look at the nonsense in that OP, That is not the words of a man who is thinking rationally.

I bet you 20 bucks the county doesnt self implode tomorrow morning. 8 years of regressiveness has destroyed the country, it's time for change, you might like it...

Well you're making a bet with yourself because first and foremost it's impossible for a country to "implode," and I've never suggested anything along those lines... you have.

It is time for change. I just find "change," in the form of Trump being the Republican version of Obummer's Hope & change. I very well could be wrong, I hope I am, but as of now I'm skeptical (and rightfully so).

By the way who is "you guys," and how am I in hysterics?

I didn't vote - I didn't support any of the current candidates. I'm hardly hysterical, I'm about to head off to work. You guys are the hysterical ones with your high school level intellect memes.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: LesMisanthrope
a reply to: underwerks

Hindsight is a virtue, but prophecy isn't. You're apologizing for things that haven't happened, so I expect an apology for calling your fellow citizens dumb, bigot and ignorance supporting un-Americans, when your prophecies turn out to be wrong and stupid as every prophecy up until now.

Ive never heard hindsight described as a virtue. Its a behavior.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: 123143

originally posted by: underwerks

originally posted by: Tardacus
you seem to have forgotten that he was an extremely successful and rich businessman before he was a reality T.V. star, and even better he`s not a politician.he doesn`t have to kiss ass or spend the next 4 years planning his re-election because unlike politicians he has a REAL job to go back too when his term is over.

career politicians only care about getting re-elected and kissing the right asses so that when their political careers are over they can become lobbyists.

How is the president not a politician?

Trump isn't a career politician. He's a businessman, which is one of many reasons he won.

What is a businessman if not a politician?

With a different purpose. Businessmen have a responsibility to their investors. As a new politician, Trump will have to dramatically expand his role.

And what makes you believe that?

You are a typical SORE LOSER. You can't handle that your team lost, so now you want to minutely dissect the corpse.

When unable to confidently answer questions that are asked, you fall back to insults.

Did you even read anything OP has said regarding not being a Clinton supporter? How does that somehow equate to them being a "sore loser because their team lost," when it wasn't even "their team."

Let the personal attacks fly.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

I'm perfectly calm. I actually wrote that on my phone laying in bed haha. I don't know Trump, so all I can do is judge him on his words and ideas. All the things I spoke about in the OP are things he's wished for personally.

True enough, but hopes and dreams don't drive reality's bus, and I think that most of what he has said during the election process has been half-hearted claims backed by even less-hearted intentions.

But we'll see, because I've liked some of his wants, and not others. Hopefully he doesn't only focus on the latter.

I don't know Trump personally. So I have no idea if his claims are half-hearted or exactly what he wants to do. How can you make that judgement without knowing a person?

How can you apologize for things that haven't happened yet? Self-flagellation and hand washing is all the rage these days, as is apologizing for every last thing under the sun, but apologizing for things that haven't even happened yet takes it to a new level of lame.

I'm sure you could've come up with a better "I apologized for our President first" thread than this.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   
About the wars thing... I mean you know Obamas been droning little kids in the Middle East for the last 8 years right? The guy is a warmonger just like all the other little warhawks.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6

I'm perfectly calm. I actually wrote that on my phone laying in bed haha. I don't know Trump, so all I can do is judge him on his words and ideas. All the things I spoke about in the OP are things he's wished for personally.

True enough, but hopes and dreams don't drive reality's bus, and I think that most of what he has said during the election process has been half-hearted claims backed by even less-hearted intentions.

But we'll see, because I've liked some of his wants, and not others. Hopefully he doesn't only focus on the latter.

I don't know Trump personally. So I have no idea if his claims are half-hearted or exactly what he wants to do. How can you make that judgement without knowing a person?

How can you apologize for things that haven't happened yet? Self-flagellation and hand washing is all the rage these days, as is apologizing for every last thing under the sun, but apologizing for things that haven't even happened yet takes it to a new level of lame.

I'm sure you could've come up with a better "I apologized for our President first" thread than this.

It's a writing piece. It helps to actually see the things he's said spread out in front of you without the aura of Trump beside them.

What I wrote is what words he has said literally meant. Whether you want to take them to mean something else is entirely up to you. Its not self flagellation if we're all being flagellated.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:45 PM
link   

It's a writing piece. It helps to actually see the things he's said spread out in front of you without the aura of Trump beside them.

What I wrote is what words he has said literally meant. Whether you want to take them to mean something else is entirely up to you. Its not self flagellation if we're all being flagellated.

Oh. Oh I see, it was just a public service announcement dressed up as strapping on the cilice? Gotcha. Well I'm sure you changed a ton of minds with your post and caused much regret amongst the Trump supporters. And as a citizen of the world, I appreciate your letting the world know not all Americans are like that.

Just as others have done with Obama. And Bush. And the other Clinton.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Oh. Oh I see, it was just a public service announcement dressed up as strapping on the cilice? Gotcha. Well I'm sure you changed a ton of minds with your post and caused much regret amongst the Trump supporters. And as a citizen of the world, I appreciate your letting the world know not all Americans are like that.

I certainly made some people feel something

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Oh waaah waah. Suck it up, chin up and deal with it like a man instead of whining about it. Your candidate lost and you are going to have to move on I'm afraid.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:46 PM
link   
This was the America I woke up to today.

And it made me realize that today truly is a ...

~Cheers~

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Pity? Well if that's what you need to feel better about things I guess you're right

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Pity? Well if that's what you need to feel better about things I guess you're right

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: hombero
Oh waaah waah. Suck it up, chin up and deal with it like a man instead of whining about it. Your candidate lost and you are going to have to move on I'm afraid.

I didn't have a candidate in the race. If Hillary had said similar things to Trump and won I'd be here talking about her. But I'm not. I'm talking about Trumps ideas.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

originally posted by: Tardacus
you seem to have forgotten that he was an extremely successful and rich businessman before he was a reality T.V. star, and even better he`s not a politician.he doesn`t have to kiss ass or spend the next 4 years planning his re-election because unlike politicians he has a REAL job to go back too when his term is over.

career politicians only care about getting re-elected and kissing the right asses so that when their political careers are over they can become lobbyists.

How is the president not a politician?

Trump isn't a career politician. He's a businessman, which is one of many reasons he won.

What is a businessman if not a politician?

With a different purpose. Businessmen have a responsibility to their investors. As a new politician, Trump will have to dramatically expand his role.

And what makes you believe that?

You are a typical SORE LOSER. You can't handle that your team lost, so now you want to minutely dissect the corpse.

When unable to confidently answer questions that are asked, you fall back to insults.

Did you even read anything OP has said regarding not being a Clinton supporter? How does that somehow equate to them being a "sore loser because their team lost," when it wasn't even "their team."

Let the personal attacks fly.

+1 for the Boohoo Brigade.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Honest questions for those that believe Trump is the man to change things...How little of what was promised does he need to do in order for you to disengage from the political system altogether? What policies and promises are you prepared to tolerate being unfulfilled and where is your line in the sand?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: MagnaCarta2015

all I need to be satisfied is get rid of ACA. If he did only that and nothing more, I will be 100% satisfied. Cuz I know nobody is touching the second amendment for a loooong time now. Safe!

If anything, maybe the SCOTUS can hep us eliminate the strict pro crime anti-gun laws in NYC, California, and Chicago, IL .

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I woke up to beer next to my bed.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join