It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trying to understand one another, help me out, please.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Not only on my thread, and not only on ATS, I'm seeing plenty of contention due to the election results. There seems to be a common thought process, that the other party either messed up because they let trump in, or because they almost let Hillary in. I am certainly not in a higher position or mentality than the rest of you, I have a lot of learning to do and I would like your help.

If this is your mentality, to assert blame on others and refuse to collaborate and accept these others, why? Why is this your thought process?

I would love to see the coming years be the year of the people, not the years of trump, or of a republican senate or house majority - Those things matter little compared to us, the people.

Why can't you join hand in hand with the people that voted differently from you? We have a lot more in common than you think. Goals that are very similar, just different ways of going about and bringing those goals to fruition... Win/Win circumstances truly can exist, if we let them.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:16 AM
link   
I honestly think its pride thats keeping us from all working together, we dont like to admit when we or the people we associate with where wrong.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
From what has been happening, to what has happened thus far. Its quite apparent that no matter the outcome would have been people wouldn't be satisfied regardless. This is going to be a never ending revolving door of redundancy where nothing will ever get done because everyone is going to try and step on the other. It would be great if all could be on the same page one way or the other and find that common ground we all hope for.

PROP 64 FTW!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:20 AM
link   
There's too much information out there for reconciliation right now.

Reconciliation assumes that the other side is your equal, and I'm sorry, but everything that is coming out about child exploitation on the part of the Clintons and their cohorts makes me aghast that anyone can continue to support the Clintons once confronted with that information.

It's not about Conservatism vs. Progressivism anymore. I don't see how anyone can support or defend the abuse and exploitation of children. It is viscerally and morally wrong.

Perhaps once the crimes of the ruling elite are laid bare and the culprits face justice healing and reconciliation can begin.
edit on 9-11-2016 by Tman2135 because: spelling error

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

How does one define "wrong" ?

Why do we group together and define whole groups as wrong?

I don't like Clinton nor trump, but it doesn't mean I believe anyone was in the wrong, I just believe their perception on the matter is different than mine based on a huge amount of factors I could never know, never having walked in their shoes.

What's done is done, I'd really love to learn how to help people embrace their fellow neighbors and citizens regardless of political outcomes - we could be stronger than any entity.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: deadlyhope

It's not all gloat and whine.

There are some threads on here giving congrats to Trump supporters and at least one thread consoling those who supported Hillary / were anti-Trump (the two are not always the same thing), and done so in a tasteful and respectful manner.

I know, because I just gave them applause for that.

I wish there were more threads like that so I could applaud them too.

I think one of the things that divides us so much is our way of life. People that live in or around big cities tend to live and think differently than those you live in rural / small town areas. It's almost like Day vs. Night. We need to find a way to work together, each trying to understand the other, instead of attacking or belittling each other.

Compromise is a good thing. It should never be all the big city way, nor should it always be the rural way. There should be a way for both to be happy, and not always at each other's throats.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:25 AM
link   

What's done is done, I'd really love to learn how to help people embrace their fellow neighbors and citizens regardless of political outcomes - we could be stronger than any entity.

Let me ask you a realistic question? Do you have friends in all 50 states, and if so are you able to spend that quality time with them to please their needs?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: deadlyhope
Not only on my thread, and not only on ATS, I'm seeing plenty of contention due to the election results. There seems to be a common thought process, that the other party either messed up because they let trump in, or because they almost let Hillary in. I am certainly not in a higher position or mentality than the rest of you, I have a lot of learning to do and I would like your help.

If this is your mentality, to assert blame on others and refuse to collaborate and accept these others, why? Why is this your thought process?

I would love to see the coming years be the year of the people, not the years of trump, or of a republican senate or house majority - Those things matter little compared to us, the people.

Why can't you join hand in hand with the people that voted differently from you? We have a lot more in common than you think. Goals that are very similar, just different ways of going about and bringing those goals to fruition... Win/Win circumstances truly can exist, if we let them.

My thoughts.

Trump won. I voted for him. I will take responsibility for that.

I own it now.

We needed to make a change. Things were ramping up to total government control. I'm against that.

As for holding hands? Why?

Why should we?

If Hillary had won, my "input" would have been shoved up my ass. My opinions would have been ignored.

Why do we have to be nice now?

We need to focus on getting government to fear us again. Last night was a good start.

If people want to come together, they are welcome to.

But if Hillary had won last night, I'd be pissed off.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:30 AM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

NOW we talk about "compromise"?

Why?

Compromise is what got us in this mess to begin with.

In my opinion.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Tman2135

I agree with the start of your first sentence - there's too much information. Trump is a racist, bigoted, kkk member that rapes ladies daily... At least, that's what you might believe if you believe everything you read online.

That's the issue, though. Too much information, too many sources, few things verified in substantial ways. I do not blame Hillary supporters for not believing everything they hear, I also do not blame trump haters for, on the other side, believing what they hear.

The media is the enemy, not the person who lives next to you.

Thats how I see it, at least.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

How do you get the government to fear a torn, divided, aimless society? Trump won by a small amount of votes overall and might lose the popular vote, this means there's more people against your message than for it - it doesn't have to stay that way, though.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:34 AM
link   
I don't want to understand other people. I want to slam an axe through their skull.

The Vikings had it right. Too bad their culture died out.

Maybe someday, in the far future, there will be space pirates. What a life that would be.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:37 AM
link   

How do you get the government to fear a torn, divided, aimless society? Trump won by a small amount of votes overall and might lose the popular vote, this means there's more people against your message than for it - it doesn't have to stay that way, though.

So?

Why compromise?

That's like winning the Super Bowl but giving back the trophy and calling it a tie "just because" it'd be more fair.

Like it, hate it. . . Trump is going to be president.

If you want to unite everyone, lets all unite and hope he does a great job!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:38 AM
link   

We were lied to on monumental levels,some bought it.
It wasn't anyone's fault really ,the point is more what happens NOW?
We have NO idea ,WE liked what he said about a few things...the less "ranty" ones anyway...lets watch and find out.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

We were lied to on monumental levels,some bought it.
It wasn't anyone's fault really ,the point is more what happens NOW?
We have NO idea ,WE liked what he said about a few things...the less "ranty" ones anyway...lets watch and find out.

Yes lets hope he cleans house, i dont think he will but theres always hope.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:40 AM
link   

I really believe win/win situations exist. Not compromise, not tolerance, no losing team, nor situations where both sides are only slightly disappointed rather than very...

I do agree people from cities think very differently from those in rural areas, but that doesn't mean we cannot address and support the most people possible - that's why I believe in state and county rights, more so than federal oversight. A farming town in Idaho is way different from Los Angeles, we need more control over our own locales.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:42 AM
link   

That's what I want, for everyone to get together and support the administration we have, and hold them accountable to us..

I'm saying don't be a poor sport and show some respect to the other team, rejoice in the sport that you are all enjoying, regardless of the team's outcome.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:45 AM
link   

That's what I want, for everyone to get together and support the administration we have, and hold them accountable to us..

I'm saying don't be a poor sport and show some respect to the other team, rejoice in the sport that you are all enjoying, regardless of the team's outcome.

Please.

There are people that'd be dancing on my face if Hillary had won.

It's just facts.

If you want to unite, then hold Trump to his promises. I will. He wasn't my first choice, but he was a choice I made.

I'll be his worse critic so many of the leftists here can stop hyperventilating.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Honestly I believe your type of negativity is part of the reason this nation hasn't been great - policy makers don't dictate every action we take. They don't breed every contempt or place others in circumstances where they are bound to make worse choices - this isn't to detract from personal accountability and responsibility, but in the other hand, we are social animals and as such, culture and social impact effects things on a large scale.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

NOW we talk about "compromise"?

Why?

Compromise is what got us in this mess to begin with.

In my opinion.

Because the citizens of the US are a very diverse set of people. There is no such thing as one way that will make everyone happy.

If either side of anything seek to always shove what they want down everyone's throats, then it most certainly will not result in everyone being happy.

Some will never be happy unless it is all their way, and only their way. They are part of the problem, not the solution.

History of our country has shown over and over again that when we try and shove things down people's throats, we get really ticked off.

When I say "compromise" I mean REAL compromise. Not what some think it should be (as in "shut up and do what you're told").

So it's really up to you and others. You can either gloat, hold grudges, and continue to attack. OR........

work hard on showing how we should all figure out a way to work together and move forward.

One way will make people jump up and go "SEE?? We were right!".
The other way will make people (hopefully) stop and maybe think "Hmmmmm....maybe I was wrong, or at the least I should listen and consider."

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join