It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump won: What now?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Christosterone

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: Christosterone

If the wall goes up, we pay for it and it only solves a small part of the problem.

Congratulations.

You don't get it… In fact you're foolish…
This is what we deal with every effing day with illegal aliens… EVERY SINGLE DAY…
They are a scourge…
I'm sick of you uninformed liberals telling us to open our minds to a culture of sociopathy..
dfw.cbslocal.com...

-Chris

I'm sorry but the undocumented immigrant "problem" is more complicated. Trump will have to scale back his ambition on all his proposals, not just this one.. He knows this and exploited people just like you to win the vote.

You know he's hired undocumented workers? What's important here is the american people are concerned about undocumented immigrants. During Trump's presidency, what's going to go down is a process of figuring out how to address these concerns effectively, humanely and legally.

www.washingtonpost.com - Alabama tried a Donald Trump-style immigration law. It failed in a big way...

I support undocumented who come here to work. I think we should encourage them to seek paths to citizenship. This is one of the reasons I didn't vote for Trump. Note we're all ultimately immigrants. I know this is a mistreatment of the facts, but if someone is coming here to work they're only trying to improve their life--why would we turn them away unless we don't have the jobs? I agree criminals should be deported rather than filling our jails.

I believe someday we'll have essentially open borders. I don't think the time is now for such a thing, but someday. It'll be a better world. Do I think that will mean the end of conflict? No. My hypothetical understanding is wars will move away from international to intersolar. The capacity of government to manage its people is directly tied to space/time constraints. It's a lot like a body. A body needs to circulate blood and waste product. If a body outstrips its ability to circulate, it dies--for government this means mass conflict and splintering. Rome was a victim of its own ambitions. We could defeat ourselves too someday, but my hopes are cool heads prevail and we don't overdo it.
edit on 11/9/2016 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Here is what I expect to happen:

Obama care repealed. Meaning jobs will suddenly offer full time hours again.

Board of education will be destroyed. [finally]

The draft will come back. [So make sure you check that box that says you tried marijuana.]

War will happen with the radical islam. [Who want to destroy western ways of life from within.]

The Trans pacific partnership will in fact pass.[so get ready to completely delete your entire hard drive if you torrent ed anything.]

Fracking bans will get lifted. AND the Dakota access pipeline will be built.

Global warming will cause temperatures to rise much more considerably than the last two years.

The stock market will go through a significant increase after year two. ONLY due to the TPP passing.

And with the senate, and the house having the most republican influence they will be able to pass anything they want. SO get ready for a bunch of shady corporate laws to pass.

I expect the dnc to put bernie sanders back on the ticket the next time around but by then no one will care.

I expect the people will be more than happy that Obama care will get repealed if it means they will finally have full time hours again.

I expect to see the tax rate dissappear for the rich and get thrown onto the poor again.

I expect to see the supreme court finally have a new judge step in.

I don't see the time limit of congressional employees get put into place. NO one wants to lose their job. Especially not over a certain period of time.

I expect to obtain work building that wall. Honestly if it does happen, you better believe I am going to help build it. You can't turn me away from free money on a pointless wall.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   
a reply to: GiulXainx

I don't see Bernie running in 2020. He was almost too old to run this time around. That old fart had a hard time getting around as it was this year. I can't imagine where he''ll be at in 2020.

I think Van Jones will run personally and probably Mark Cuban from the Left.

<< 1  2   >>

join