It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

#Calexit: Will California secede with Trump win?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

Well, then what about the 45 states that take more Federal funds?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Please , please secede, California. You think you are so above and beyond the rest of the US. And, please, please take your overly entitled entertainment people and industry with you-including all your environmental nuts-sjws-and way overpaid actors etc.
We admit this country is now even more divided-maybe Canada will take you, or better yet Mexico and then half your population can rejoin their families-no border wall will then be needed. Buh bye.

Oh, yes. Maybe you will start a movement and Oregon and Washington state will join you. Best wishes. Be happy. Namaste and all that (sorry, don't speak your language.)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Hefficide

are they talking about succession?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz
Democrats seceding because they don't like the President elected?
By historical analogy, that turns Trump into the role of Lincoln, and gives Obama the chance of being Buchanan.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:23 AM
link   

No but neither is the State of California.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:25 AM
link   

oh perhaps I misread the thread title? #calexit:will California secede with Trump win?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: NuncaPiensas

So do I come across as someone utterly out of touch from reality?

Pretending you didn't know I was anti-trump of course

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:27 AM
link   

I'm not sure about misread, but misunderstood possibly. People using a hashtag on Twitter has no relevance to anything other than trends and memes.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:30 AM
link   

For some people in California, and other western states that went blue for Hillary Clinton, the road forward is clear: Cut their losses and make a go of it without the rest of the country

So I guess I misunderstood this?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

Texas has been yelling about it for years...it would be a grand experiment if a state actually attempted this...

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   

For some people in California
is the operative term to focus upon. On any given day, at any given time one can find some people on Twitter who are using any number of emotional or outrageous hashtags. Another trending hashtag this morning is #NotMyPresident. A message to be sure, but not one that has any legal bearing or impact upon society.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Didnt the left call this pathetic when texas talked about it. It would seem we have come full circle.
edit on 9-11-2016 by digital01anarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   

originally posted by: digital01anarchy
Didnt the left call this pathetic when texas talked about it. It would seem we have come full circle.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:35 AM
link   
What happens when the drought has them begging for water? Maybe we could offer to re-admit them as a territory, like Guam, or the Virgin Islands.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:37 AM
link   
why wait for them to secede, let`s kick them out.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
Random people on Twitter doesn't represent the general populous of California.

While I loathe that Trump won I am certainly not calling for secession or telling people i'm leaving the country.

Hmmm, I'm born and bread SOCA - - - never heard talk of secession.

But, it does surprise me just how divided this country is.

We have to get religion out of politics. And that's not likely with Pence as VP.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Caine is even now prasising Hillary for ACCEPTING the result of the election.
Should not her supporters follow her example?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:40 AM
link   
a reply to: buster2010

Kind of hard for California to grow food if states like Arizona stop selling large portions of their Colorado River allotment. Heck, California may not be able to recover if that happens.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Justso
Please , please secede, California. You think you are so above and beyond the rest of the US. And, please, please take your overly entitled entertainment people and industry with you-including all your environmental nuts-sjws-and way overpaid actors etc.
We admit this country is now even more divided-maybe Canada will take you, or better yet Mexico and then half your population can rejoin their families-no border wall will then be needed. Buh bye.

Oh, yes. Maybe you will start a movement and Oregon and Washington state will join you. Best wishes. Be happy. Namaste and all that (sorry, don't speak your language.)

Where are you?

Midwest?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: StoutBroux
No need for cessation, aren't they all moving to Canada?

Uh oh, oh, oh, Canada!

The Government of Canada's immigration website crashed on Tuesday night as the US election results

www.businessinsider.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join