It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear African Americans, I apologize for the current political paradigm

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Some of my closest friends are African Americans and they are regular people just like everyone else. I noticed in many key states they had a very low voter turnout and honestly, I can't blame them.

Using oppressed communities as a political tool to gain votes is disgusting and I understand the resentment and lack of trust towards the establishment.

I am disgusted that the Clinton platform was so willing to take advantage of a population that is experiencing so much political, economic and cultural turmoil.

NewsWeek

In Florida, just 15 percent of the voters who have cast a ballot so far are African-American, compared to 25 percent in 2012.

Well, now maybe we can all begin to see the truth behind the lies and start working together better.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
a reply to: Darkmadness

Could it be that they were disgusted with Hillary and figured why vote for them...hope and change didn't happen during the last president..you can't believe politicians...Nobody should be pleased with either of these people but we need to think ahead and change the system...

Electoral votes should have gone out the window during the Obama presidency
Term limits for congressmen should be rewritten immediately
Age limits on presidential candidates should not exceed 60
Penalties for corporations who have businesses based in the US and moved or sees
Unions should not donate to political campaigns nor should city and state agencies support a candidate
I really could go on and on...

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I think once the idiot fear mongers can find their safe spaces, the rest of the population that has working brain cells will quickly realize that this situation does not mean that Black folks are in danger, or Latinos are in danger, or that the LGBT community is in any more danger than they were before.

1 race= human
in the US, 1 nationality=Americans

We can and will unite.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Blacks are only 15% or so of the population.

Your numbers quoted are in line with reality.

Of course theyll show up to vote for Obama in 2012.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Virtue?? Has anyone seen virtue? Virtuuuuuue?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Congrats to Senator Tim Scott!

www.weeklystandard.com...

Republican senator Tim Scott has won reelection in South Carolina, according to the projection of the Associated Press.

Scott, who was first appointed to the Senate in 2013 following the retirement of fellow Republican Jim DeMint, won the 2014 election to fill the remainder of DeMint's term. His victory in 2016 is for a full six-year term.

Scott is the first black senator elected in the former Confederacy since Reconstruction.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I think once the idiot fear mongers can find their safe spaces, the rest of the population that has working brain cells will quickly realize that this situation does not mean that Black folks are in danger, or Latinos are in danger, or that the LGBT community is in any more danger than they were before.

1 race= human

We can and will unite.

I don't share your optimism. I see the Trump election as the reason for extremist to start the purge on their own.

I can show evidence even on ATS of hatred of minorities.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Redacted.
edit on 9-11-2016 by 4N0M4LY because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:01 AM
link   
a reply to: 4N0M4LY

where is your white cape at?
edit on 9-11-2016 by dreamlotus1111 because: why edit your comment? be upfront about yourself and your thoughts.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:02 AM
link   
By using the term African-Americans we have already divided the population.
They need to see themselves as Americans who happen to be Black rather than some monolithic bloc who must all agree and act in accordance with each other.
This is the very way they have been exploited by the divide and conquer technique portraying them as victims of racism and institutional oppression. This allows each person to absolve themselves of the consequences of their own actions and gives a rationale that even breaking the law is ok because America is intrinsically unfair.
Not only does this give excuses but it kills dreams at the same time by believing invisible barriers exist to prevent them from reaching their goals.
No other country on Earth offers so many opportunities for people of every color, creed and religion to achieve their dreams.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
no one needs handouts. people need to get over the shade of someones skin. its stupid. doesnt make sense. and irritating.

lumping all brown or tan or peach or purple colored people together is stupid. doesnt make sense. and is irritating.

please stop

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Don't apologize! They knew this date was coming and had plenty of time to vote just like the bazillion rest of us. Again they need to be ACCOUNTABLE for their actions, or in this case, the lack of.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

They came out in record numbers in 2012 because Obama is black. I'm supposed to feel bad for them cuz they didn't get off their ass and vote? I don't.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

1 race= human

We can and will unite.

I don't share your optimism. I see the Trump election as the reason for extremist to start the purge on their own.

What I think is extremist is your almost clever attempt to create a strawman.

Purging the government of corruption does NOT = hatred of minorities.

But you set up your post to insinuate they are one in the same, and you 'have evidence' of a few people's 'hatred of minorities' on ATS which further insinuates that what? That we're gonna break out the furnaces and open the camps for ethnic cleansing now right?

Gimme a break!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:09 AM
link   

1 race= human

We can and will unite.

No you can't. You can give us your opinion of what you think is hatred towards minorities though.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:11 AM
link   

1 race= human

We can and will unite.

you can show proof that anonymous faceless internet persona's show a bigoted racist side? Say it ain't so.

Those of us who actually want a better future have noticed that the current president and media has been the biggest wedge driven between the people in regards to race relations. With the toxic leadership removed, we have a chance to move past this and start back on the road we were on before the MSM told us how to think and act.

I hope we can now have a dialog instead of a list of words we aren't allowed to say.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: muzzleflash

1 race= human

We can and will unite.

What I think is extremist is your almost clever attempt to create a strawman.

Purging the government of corruption does NOT = hatred of minorities.

But you set up your post to insinuate they are one in the same, and you 'have evidence' of a few people's 'hatred of minorities' on ATS which further insinuates that what? That we're gonna break out the furnaces and open the camps for ethnic cleansing now right?

Gimme a break!

Now you're creating the strawman...that's not what I said.

I was refering to extremist groups acting on their own using Trumps "shipem back statment' to implement their own agenda.

The racial divide is larger than ever and I place the blame squarely on Trump.

edit on 9-11-2016 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Hopefully the black community will wake up and make both parties fight over their vote instead of handing it over to Democrats every year.

We need to whittle down whatever issues we have to like two or three main points. Tell both parties, whoever addresses them gets our vote. These issues can't be bullsh*t SJW stuff that can't be defined like "diversity", but clear and actionable things that can be measured.

My hope is that this election gets black folks off the Democrat plantation.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: Edumakated
Hopefully the black community will wake up and make both parties fight over their vote instead of handing it over to Democrats every year.

We need to whittle down whatever issues we have to like two or three main points. Tell both parties, whoever addresses them gets our vote. These issues can't be bullsh*t SJW stuff that can't be defined like "diversity", but clear and actionable things that can be measured.

My hope is that this election gets black folks off the Democrat plantation.

Me too.

I did notice that many older black men mostly are republican or voted for Trump.

Think they've seen enough chaos and bitching and moaning from the younger guys.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:41 AM
link   

How can we get fathers to stay with their families?
We need to allow for employment of NON violent felons to become the norm if the inner city is to survive,big businesses and insurance can't trust criminals HOW can they employ and secure this idea?
The larger cities REQUIRE this to survive and education MUST be paid for partially by industry.
Perhaps we should begin by teaching THE INDIVIDUAL ...no grades,children do minor work in schools with businesses in order to get them used to HOW our world functions.
The collected funds are for a vehicle when one graduates high school after 13 years of education.
Of course one can do extra for rewards or a better car.
The last year is an effort at job placement,relocation and self reliant living ..cooking cleaning and sewing, bills and budgeting.

ABOVE all we need to FORGET about any skins values,there IS NO white privilege when you're sick and poor.
WE ALL suffer needlessly ,WHY make it worse by creating a narrative that separates us all?
edit on 9-11-2016 by cavtrooper7 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join