It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broken system: Hillary won the popular vote but lost the election...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
People can speak all the rhetoric they want and make all the excuses and justifications they want but when more Americans vote for a certain candidate and that candidate loses then we have a broken system, a non-democratic country and an illusion of democracy. We force other countries into democracy and we shout out to the world how America is the epitome of democracy but yet our greatest and highest held office can be won thru a process that is completely undemocratic, the person with the most votes wins, it's how everything else in our political system works so there's no excuse, just a bunch of rhetoric and weak justifications.
edit on 9-11-2016 by Ignorantamericans because: Incorrect wording

edit on 9-11-2016 by Ignorantamericans because: Misspelling

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ignorantamericans
People can speak all the rhetoric they want and make all the excuses and justification they want but when more Americans vote for a certain candidate and that candidate loses then we have a broken system, and a non-democratic country and a false sense of democracy. We force other countries into democracy and we shout out to the world how American is the epitome of democracy but yet our greatest and highest held office can be won thru a process that is completely undemocratic, the person with the most votes wins, it's how everything in our political system works so there no excuse just a bunch of rhetoric and weak justifications.
Where is your Introduction post buddy?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignorantamericans

the U.S. was founded as a representative republic / democratic republic. go back and check your history.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:47 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

Like I said make all the excuses and justifications you want, when more American people vote for a certain candidate and that candidate loses then there is something very wrong with that. But you can keep on keeping on and be ignorant to that fact.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:52 PM
link   

America invades countries and justifies it by saying were spreading "democracy", we don't say we're spreading a representative republic/democratic republic that's not what we say we say spreading "democracy"

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Like I said make all the excuses and justifications you want, when more American people vote for a certain candidate and that candidate loses then there is something very wrong with that. But you can keep on keeping on and be ignorant to that fact.

not making any excuses at all, just telling you the facts about our government.
if people cared to educate themselves they would know these things.

if your unhappy with it start a grass roots campaign to have it changed. that is with in your rights, if you cared you would know that.

edit on 9-11-2016 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Your username is fitting because you're showing ignorance to how the EC influences the popular vote. Many voters simply stay home if their state is firmly red or blue. Adding that fact to the massive populations of the large blue states compared to the red states it is most likely that in a straight popular vote with turnout from what otherwise would be a futility voter Trump would have dominated that vote by an even greater margin than the EC showed. Thus the popular vote is a false indicator.
edit on 11/9/2016 by howmuch4another because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:57 PM
link   

this thread is not about foreign policy, or any thing having to do with wars in other countries.
maybe start another thread for that then we can talk.

this one is about what some call a broken system, when they get butt hurt.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 12:59 PM
link   

very educated but none of the history and other rhetoric you're talking matters, You tell someone to educate themselves when you can't even figure out the point. Do you need me to point out the point for you

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:01 PM
link   

i know your point your butt hurt that clinton lost and want to whine about it.
fact is she lost fair and square under the system she freely decided to run under.

that is the plain and simple truth.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:02 PM
link   

America invades countries and justifies it by saying were spreading "democracy", we don't say we're spreading a representative republic/democratic republic that's not what we say we say spreading "democracy"

Make no mistake.....the American people as a whole have no interest in country building....that is the morons that were controlled by the globalist interests of which I am hoping no longer have a significant influence for at least 4 years and possibly and hopefully many many more or dare we hope never again
edit on 9-11-2016 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

edit on 9-11-2016 by Darkphoenix77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: howmuch4another

Claiming to know what would happen based off of what, your a fortune teller, you see the future. You don't know what would happen because we've never had a straight forward popular vote for the presidency. Like I said before rhetoric and nonsense, make up all the babble you want

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I think Democrats want New York and California to have even more Electoral College votes than they have now.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:06 PM
link   

You make yourself seem stupid by making assumptions, I don't really care who won I wasn't for Clinton or trump so can't be "butt hurt", I don't care who won I would say the samething no matter who won because the system is broken and completely ridiculous

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I say BS to this post, i have watched several elections in my life, and i have watched over and over how a republican won the majority but yet a democrat won. you didn't whine then did you? someone give this person some cheese to go with their whining.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:09 PM
link   

You make yourself seem stupid by making assumptions, I don't really care who won I wasn't for Clinton or trump so can't be "butt hurt", I don't care who won I would say the samething no matter who won because the system is broken and completely ridiculous

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:10 PM
link   

I spent years crying about the Electoral college and how my vote doesn't count. But I've never been so involved in an election like I was in this one. I learned how the system works and better understand it now. And seeing first hand how the will of the voters translates to electoral votes was quite cool. And yes, I would likely have said a few negative things had this not gone how I wanted.

(post by Ignorantamericans removed for a manners violation)
(post by Ignorantamericans removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:13 PM
link   

a reply to: howmuch4another

Claiming to know what would happen based off of what, your a fortune teller, you see the future. You don't know what would happen because we've never had a straight forward popular vote for the presidency. Like I said before rhetoric and nonsense, make up all the babble you want

you are obviously not American.....you do not understand the difference between Democracy and Representative Democratic Constitutional Republic (what the form of governance actually is). If you are interested than take a course in American Civics......anyone with more than a high school education (or what used to pass for one years ago) knows this.

Needless to say we do not have a straight democracy and never in the history ever have or purported to have to anyone that actually took the time to learn this fact. Somewhere along the line say probably 20 years ago it became common practice to just call the government a democracy but anyone who bothered to pay attention in high school knows that it isn't and never has been

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join