It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article: "Pollsters suffer huge embarrassment" A.K.A polls are garbage

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:23 AM
link   
thehill.com...

Pollsters and election modelers suffered an industry-shattering embarrassment at the hands of Donald Trump on Tuesday night.

Trump had long said the polls were biased against him. His claims – dismissed and mocked by the experts – turned out to be true.

“It’s going to put the polling industry out of business,” said CNN anchor Jake Tapper. “It’s going to put the voter projection industry out of business.” Going into Election Day, a strong majority of pollsters and election modelers forecast that Hillary Clinton would coast to victory, with many predicting she would sweep the battlegrounds and win north of 300 electoral votes.

There were no surveys released this year from Wisconsin that showed Trump with a lead.

Clinton held a 6.5 point lead in the Badger State heading into Election Day, and the state was not even discussed as on par with Michigan or Pennsylvania as a potential blue state pick-up for Trump.

Trump’s victory in Wisconsin — a state that has not gone for the GOP nominee since 1984 — helped him seal the deal.

This is huge. Why would anyone believe the media's polls again? "Scientific"? More like scientifically wrong.

At least now we can all move on and collectively roll our eyes anytime polls come out.

The media thoroughly embarrassed itself for the last two years in it's lopsided over the top support for Democrats and Hillary.

And speaking of the media, be prepared for them to suddenly start covering topics they have ignored for the last eight years. These include daily updates on US troop deaths, the homeless epidemic, daily unemployment and job creation numbers, etc. From day one mind you. They'll conveniently forgot Obama blamed Bush up until the final year of his Presidency for anything he didn't like. Come February they'll demand to know why things aren't changing day 25 into the Trump presidency.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

They (the pollsters) are basically hedging their bets when they someone is either up or down..it's in their best interest to influence (spread propaganda) to ensure their viability...it was amazing to see both Fox and MSNBC projection the opposite in poll numbers and yet people blindly follow both sides..

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:28 AM
link   

I know that I myself and quite a few others on ats have been saying poles are garbage. No surprise there. Maybe we can relegate the credibility of weather men/women to this rather propagandized and politicized career path?

Cheers - Dave

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:31 AM
link   

The media thoroughly embarrassed itself for the last two years in it's lopsided over the top support for Democrats and Hillary.

They don't care, they'll just keep rowing. What is woefully apparent is they lie on a vast scale to support a false agenda.

All the media outlets carry the same disinfo.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:32 AM
link   
i was watching a couple of them last night, the ones that picked hillary just couldn't give it up they still fought until the bitter end.

the better half was channel surfing this morning and stopped on GMA, their bald fool was still stumpin for hillary.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: jjkenobi
Come February they'll demand to know why things aren't changing day 25 into the Trump presidency.

this is something I think needs to be addressed. In NC our Governor set out a plan to improve education. It's not something you fix overnight, it will take time to build it back to where it needs to be. It didn't get destroyed over night, so the solutions won't be there that quick either. But it looks as though the majority of the voters think otherwise. People need a bit more vision on all this. Some future planning and steps need to be taken, and most of all, they need time to work.

I think we will see some ideas about how to fix the health care system very soon. I just hope we can all be patient while it's all worked out. Remember it took almost 6 years for it to get this bad.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:33 AM
link   

As I have said this whole election, these scientific polls are garbage.

Now think of the consequences of that.

Third party candidates are at the mercy of the polls to get on the debate stage, and they are rigged garbage.

Most primary candidates are welcomed to debates stages based on polls, and they are garbage.

The polls help influence how people vote and view the election in general, and they are garbage.

And so forth.

These polls are dangerous; their inaccuracy has real world implications.

Despite being so wrong for so long, these pundits and pollsters wont go away. They will be back next election to tell us how they are now correct, and how we need to gake their word as gospel.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

it's been said a couple times and i said it myself.
the reason hillary canceled her fire works show was her internal polls told her she would lose.

shows you how accurate theirs are compared to the ones they show us.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
If you read the fine print, and knew how to adjust, you could get a more accurate figure from the skewed polls

They were all over sampled, meaning they used more democrats to make it look like hillary was winning. if you adjusted the polls so that the sample was equal republicans and democrats, they nearly always showed trump was in the lead.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:05 AM
link   
The polls were rigged from the start to make it look like Hillary was more popular. There were plenty of "news outlets" that pointed out the over sampling and other issues with the polls. However, most of these "bloggers" and "alt-right" media were dismissed as not being credible.

TheConservativeTreehouse predicted this landslide from the start on DAY ONE. Even breaking down how Jeb was the guy on the Republican side and then how Trump upset that game plan. Their prediction and analyses of this entire election was air tight going back almost two years ago.

Too many pundits in the mainstream media are too close and insulated from middle America. They simply do not have their pulse on what is going on outside of academia and NYC/CA and their circle of elite insiders.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:22 AM
link   
They wouldn`t need polls if they weren`t so out of touch with mainstream America, if I want to know what the weather is like I don`t turn on the weather channel I just look out the window.
If they want to know if the peasants are revolting maybe they should just look out the window of their ivory towers instead of conducting a poll.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
And now turn on the talking heads. What are they all going on about today...

Exit polls!!!

Its unbelievable! All of the stations admit that the exit polls were horrible wrong and had Hillary winning, and yet in the same breath they are parsing through them to make assumptions about why people voted.

You can't make this stuff up.

new topics

top topics

join