It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay --- so WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

It was TOO much too soon,take a slow ride.
TEACH US as well not by prosecution by PROOF of better.
All WE want is truth.

That's all any of us want. We all agree on that.

You are absolutely correct.

So - when you say it was too much too soon, do you mean that Trump was the absolute most unpalatable candidate? Like "habanero sauce" instead of "mild jalapeno"......

or "everclear" vs "pilsner beer"......

Should we have started with someone milder and more known - like Kasich or Jeb or Ted or Carly?

???? I agree with you it was rather extreme and a veritable SHOCK to the entire system.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Next for me: Literally going to go mow the lawn.

Nope. Battery was dead.

So - blow the leaves out of the driveway. Into piles. check. Tomorrow is lawn mowing. Although I prefer not to .....

Hope you all have a great afternoon/evening.

edit on 11/9/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:42 PM
link   
a reply to: cavtrooper7

Not yet. But I won't rule it out. We'll see what happens.

My grocery shopping life was much, much better under Obama and Michelle's "Healthy Food Initiative" than under the Bush administration. If my affordable fresh fruits and vegetable options goes away, I'll be more than bitter. But hey, Melania promises to take on online and playground bullying!
edit on 9-11-2016 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:45 PM
link   

The recent movement .
Now America isn't evolved enough to fully embrace ideals that have been thrust up on us.
We are STILL cold war programmed to do what we just did because WE wanted constitutional edicts to be followed not interpreted.
We literally are sworn to die about it.
NOW the SJWs will HAVE to lead by example through politeness and inclusive practices they espouse for those they HATE , or they are gone.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: windword

Assuming about the unknown is a FOOLS game.
We'll see ,WE are a two edged sword,WE already took down one primary problem.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:47 PM
link   

We are STILL cold war programmed to do what we just did because WE wanted constitutional edicts to be followed not interpreted.

Good luck holding onto your 1st Amendment rights.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Watch us...

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:53 PM
link   

I am impressed Buzzy. You just took the first step in fixing that particular problem: admitting it exists.

How do you think we should correct the media bias (not left-wing or right-wing, just bias)?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: cavtrooper7

The recent movement .
Now America isn't evolved enough to fully embrace ideals that have been thrust up on us.
We literally are sworn to die about it.
NOW the SJWs will HAVE to lead by example through politeness and inclusive practices they espouse for those they HATE , or they are gone.

I'm doing my level best, man.

"SJW" by definition. Masters in Social Work.......peacekeepers and helpers. Change agents.

We are what you got now.
Thanks for noticing.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

I am impressed Buzzy. You just took the first step in fixing that particular problem: admitting it exists.

How do you think we should correct the media bias (not left-wing or right-wing, just bias)?

TheRedneck

Call it out.

Have John Oliver or Alex Jones do it. Or both.
?????

I don't know.
We have to build a foocking bridge now.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Did ya now? With Chris Christie's and Rudy Giuliani's help? Good luck draining that swamp! LOL

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Oh, I'm gonna watch you hypocrites give up your constitutional rights just like you did under Bush and his Patriot Act! That's a given with Republicans in office!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The next steps are to just enjoy. It's in his hands now.

ENJOY THE TEARS!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Tempter

That idea is counterproductive.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: windword

Oh, I'm gonna watch you hypocrites give up your constitutional rights just like you did under Bush and his Patriot Act! That's a given with Republicans in office!

Do you think Donald is going to forget who elected him? He isn't a lifelong politician. I don't get it. We've been WAITING for someone like this FOREVER.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

That is also counterproductive.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

That idea is counterproductive.

Not to me.

For over a year I've been treated as a racist, xenophobe and who else knows what.

I'm just soaking up the win baby. I've earned this.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Tempter

originally posted by: windword

Do you think Donald is going to forget who elected him? He isn't a lifelong politician. I don't get it. We've been WAITING for someone like this FOREVER.
So what should we do next?

We got him.

This thread is about today and going forward. Not about gloating. There are plenty of threads out there for gloating and mocking and denigrating. Let's move on, please.

NEXT!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:10 PM
link   

How about we try something crazy?

As the law is, a news outlet can say anything they want without any fear of reprisals. To bring up a recent but sore subject, the little deal between Trump and Billy Bush: That was a private conversation publicized over and over on national TV. It had zero to do with issues. It was nothing more than a slander piece. And the people who published this over and over on national TV were immune from any consequences.

Had you or I taped someone's private conversation and aired it on the Internet, we would be hounded by police.

What if we removed that absolute protection from legal consequences? What if we required by law that a news organization had to prove they were speaking what they truly believed to be truth, that they did due diligence investigating, and that they held no malicious intent to be free from prosecution? In other words, as long as you are honest, diligent, and neutral, you are a member of the press and have protection. Stop being one of those and you're no better than anyone else.

That, I believe, would quickly end media bias. We could put in some exceptions for editorial opinions, as long as those opinions accounted for, say, less than 10% of the broadcast time?

What do you think?

TheRedneck

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:11 PM
link   

He's not going to forget his mandate.

Shore to shining shore "Stop and Frisk".
Curtailing the 1st Amendment, because according to Trump "It gives too much freedom."
Deporting legal Syrian immigrants/refugees on Day One.

Just to start with.....and all of you that voted for him will be all for it!

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join