It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay --- so WHAT ARE THE NEXT STEPS?

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:40 AM
link   
two thoughts this morning:

A) LOBBYING and PAY-TO-PLAY

we are seeing exactly that. The heads of lobbying corporations who have spent uber-dollars on government ARE NOW BEING PUT IN CHARGE.

If that is not pay-to-play, I don't know what is. I don't see how any Trump supporter could in any way think that a takeover of our government by the super-rich who have paid-to-play ALL OF THEIR LIVES is a good thing.

"Oh, but they're successful rich people!" Right. Because they lobbied and paid bribes (made contributions) to Congress. Now they are 'collecting the debt'. They are being handed the reins of the thing. Who needs lobbyists when the oligarchs can just buy a cabinet position? It's disgraceful.

DeVos's hearing was unimpressive and of course she didn't answer any real questions! Who thought she would? Bernie stood up to her: "Would you be here if you weren't a multi-millionaire/billionaire?" The answer is, CLEARLY, no.

But she skirted it anyway --- the mega millions she contributed to politicians had nothing to do with her being there now?

LOL. Ha. Yeah....NO.

And

B) Donald Trump Is Already Disappointing His Supporters, a point that I have made since Nov 9.

He has back-pedaled on every. single. thing. his voters wanted. It is okay for you ATS members to say "well, damn." It is okay for you to admit that your Orange Boy has already let you down. We will welcome you with open arms, and stand beside you to air your grievances. Please stop beating us about the head and shoulders. We aren't "butt-hurt sore loser whiney snowflake libtards" --- we are competent judges of character, and we have ALL made mistakes in judgment when choosing our roster of "acceptable" people.

WASHINGTON ― Thousands of people on Twitter are following along as people who voted for President-elect Donald Trump begin to question their decision.

“I’m starting to feel like the biggest mistake of my young 23 years of life has been voting for [Trump],” Joseph Richardson tweeted on Nov. 21.

His post ended up being retweeted last week by an account called Trump Regrets (trumpgrets.
@Trump_Regrets
Retweeting everyone who regrets voting for Donald Trump!

Joined November 2016)
, which Trump opponents watch to delight in seeing people come around to their opinion. Richardson heard from some of them ― a few who said the election result was his fault, others who thanked him for admitting his mistake.

All of it was a bit unsettling, he said afterward, although he knew that social media made his views public. He doesn’t like Trump’s Cabinet picks or the “very childish” behavior he exhibited at a press conference last week. And he does regret his vote. Sort of.

Myself, I don't "delight" in it, but I do breathe a sigh of relief that we might yet, as a nation, come to grips with what has just happened to us.

Maybe. Or not.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:46 AM
link   
He's not president yet. Give him a chance to prove himself. He is negotiating moving Apple production from china to the US without changing the prices which are already expensive as they are.

www.theverge.com...

If negotiations don't work, then the big border tax will do the job.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:53 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

I don't see the appointments as pay-to-play, because there was no pay involved this time. No one bribed Trump to appoint them, at least no one has seriously suggested such. The past pays were to the very politicians who now despise Trump.

I see it as experience. Someone who has never played chess is not going to be able to improve the game, but an expert chess master may be able to. Similarly, someone who is 'squeaky clean' is not going to be able to ferret out corruption. What we need (and I hope what we got) is someone who knows the game, but hates the game.

The old adage of "It takes one to know one" definitely applies in this instance.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: ultimatewarrior4
He's not president yet. Give him a chance to prove himself. He is negotiating moving Apple production from china to the US without changing the prices which are already expensive as they are.

www.theverge.com...

He's been having a chance since Nov 9. This thread is about how he's been using that chance.
He has already admitted that he is just going to farm it all out, and believes he is capable of picking "the best people."
So far, those "best people" have some serious baggage, and splaynin to do.

He is more unpopular now than any incoming president EVER.
That's after "giving him a chance." Sorry, but that retort to skepticism is so last year. So November. He's had his 60 day probation period. In my view, it's a fail.
End of trial period and interviews, sir. The Secret Service shall see you to the door, Mr Trump.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:57 AM
link   

You know it doesn't work like that.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: ultimatewarrior4

A president with zero political experience is going to accomplish what seasoned politicians couldn't or didn't?

Trump says a lot of things. He won by using marketing techniques. He's a salesman.

But, now he has to deliver the goods. What's he gonna do if he doesn't get his way by bullying? Sue them?

Anyway, I'll be watching the "background", not Trump himself.

edit on 18-1-2017 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:01 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I don't see the appointments as pay-to-play, because there was no pay involved this time. No one bribed Trump to appoint them, at least no one has seriously suggested such. The past pays were to the very politicians who now despise Trump.

It has nothing to do with them "paying Trump" personally!

It has to do with the millions and millions of accumulated brownie points they have. They are now calling in their markers. This group is nepotistic and dazzlingly aristocratically out of touch. We could all put on Renaissance Festival Costumes and play like it's 1500 and it would be utterly convincing.

I'm sure you can see that if you allow yourself to think about it. Has any one of his "hires" been a non-notable? A non-player?
(no. no they have not.)
This is more of a giant audition for a bizarro world reality tv Hunger Games Style society.....
I know you want to give them all credit where due, and I have honored that by doing my best to hear them out.

His picks are so far utterly inappropriate.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck

You know it doesn't work like that.

TheRedneck
sigh

yes, I know it doesn't. It's a metaphor

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:08 AM
link   

If they have all those brownie points accumulated by years of paying, I think they should demand a refund. Every one has been accused everything from jay walking to conspiring to blow up the sun by the very people they supposedly paid off.

I for one am happy to see successful people in government. I want the government to be successful in "providing a more perfect union, establishing justice, ensuring domestic tranquility, providing for the common defense, promoting the general welfare, and securing the blessings of liberty to ourselves and our posterity." One does not ensure success by hiring failures... the last few decades have taught us that.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 11:10 AM
link   

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Hey - if you get in the mood to chillax and hear out a 'surrogate' for "my side/my posse", I recommend Kathleen Madigan. Her comedy will present to you a viscerally accurate picture of my 'life' experience.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:02 PM
link   

If they have all those brownie points accumulated by years of paying, I think they should demand a refund. Every one has been accused everything from jay walking to conspiring to blow up the sun by the very people they supposedly paid off.

That would mean they can decline the post, and get their money back?

HA! You know it doesn't work that way, right?

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:11 PM
link   

It really is disappointing that you are feeling so defensive here. I fully understand that you are exercising your own style of trying to "fix" it. And I want to do the same thing. But too many things have been thrown into the soup here, we don't have time to nurse every one of them individually. The meal must be served.

Afterward, we can parse it out. I very much do want to hear more about your experience and perspectives. I regret that you feel I am somehow not accepting them, because I am reading them and absorbing your stance even as I watch the rest of the goings on. I apologize if you've felt neglected or dismissed.....

I feel like I'm racing back and forth from "news" to ATS, in an effort to catch all of the fish, so we can eat.

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I dunno, I messed up and listened to Seth Meyer last night... not sure I have recovered from that yet.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 12:56 PM
link   

I know.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:00 PM
link   

I'm not really feeling as much "defensive" as I was "frustrated." But hey, I'm willing to wait two days to dig into issues. I have this feeling there are some big things scheduled to be done quickly after the swearing in, and of course I'll be interested in reactions.

Apparently the next move will be Monday at the earliest, so we'll have all weekend to hash things out.

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Yes. That will be great. Thank you.

Could you please check the thread over here?
Just so you see what I'm seeing.....

thanks.
Have a great night. We had hoar frost all over everything this morning......Sun is shining though, and I'm so glad that I have treecover and windbreaks around me.

edit on 1/18/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:10 PM
link   

LOL!!! AWESOME!!!

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 01:19 PM
link   

I opened a tab. I'll try to find time to go through all that later, but I have to head out for class early today. I need to get some information on working with soft iron.

You're going to hate me for this, but today is the coldest day we have had in a week. The high is supposed to be in the mid-60s. We are forecast to hit 70 again tomorrow. Flowers are coming up.
I'm not mad at Al Gore right now. He may be keeping his promise.

Seth: I dunno if that's awesome or not. Some of his stuff makes my brain hurt. But I do love Fallon, and was too lazy/busy to change channels, so....

TheRedneck

posted on Jan, 18 2017 @ 02:15 PM
link   
And here is Dr Carson (bless his heart!) when asked to clarify that he will ensure that nothing he decides to do will FINANCIALLY benefit Donald Trump or his family:

It will not be my intention to do anything to benefit any American.

sigh
edit on 1/18/2017 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join