It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let the pink slips start flying for establishment media

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: fatkid
a reply to: Greggers

Doesn't change the fact that the same questions weren't asked of the other candidate, but I'm sure you will keep defending the media and the establishment, the election is over, hopefully we can get some real topics to discuss.

Trump wasn't asked about his emails either.

Each debate had pointed questions that were relevant to one candidate only, in addition to questions that were appropriate for both.

And no, I am not interested in defending the media or the establishment. I am, however, interested in making sure the claims we're making are accurate.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Trump wasn't asked about classified emails because he wasn't in a possisition to get classified emails, he wasn't asked how it felt for him to possibly be the first female president either.

edit on 10-11-2016 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Trump wasn't asked about classified emails because he wasn't in a possisition to get classified emails, he wasn't asked how it felt for him to possibly be the first female president either.

Exactly.

More specifically, he wasn't asked about classified emails because he was not currently involved in a scandal involving classified emails.

Just like Hillary was not asked if she would accept the result of the election because she had not made public statements to the contrary.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:20 PM
link   

You are a diehard, you are right only one was facing email problems, but both were at the time, possible losers of the race, so both should of been asked the same questions about its outcome.

edit on 10-11-2016 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lucidparadox
If Hillary wins the popular vote... then everything you said was false.

Popular vote means nothing. Its just a talking point for the party that lost in a situation similar to this one. Lots of Presidents have lost the popular vote. George W Bush lost it too, and he was a pretty powerful President (Like him or hate him)

The media keeps track of the popular vote because people enjoy the horse-race aspect. It has no effective function.
edit on 10-11-2016 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:46 PM
link   

You are a diehard,

What?

you are right only one was facing email problems,

Which is why only one was asked about emails.

In the previous debate, the moderator had asked both candidates if they would accept the result of the election (or some very similar question) and both had said they would. I believe Trump said, "Of course I will."

Then, Trump went back on the campaign trail and basically took it all back, saying the vote was rigged and he was going to be robbed of the election. So the moderator asked him to CLARIFY his position.

There was no reason to ask Hillary that question a second time.
edit on 10-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Here is the question they were BOTH asked during the first debate:

“One of you will not win this election. Are you willing to accept the outcome as the will of the voters?”

Here is how Hillary responded:

“I support our democracy, and I certainly will support the outcome of this election.”

Trump said:

“If she wins I will absolutely support her.”

Then Trump went back on the campaign trail and started claiming he would be robbed of the election because the vote was rigged against him.

So, again, he was asked to clarify his position in the third debate.

Again, there was no reason to ask Hillary to clarify her position because she already HAD clarified it, and had never contradicted her earlier statement.

edit on 10-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JetBlackStare

What this Country Needs is a Trump News Network . If the MSM won't Report the Real News , then Maybe some Competition will Motivate them to .

Sometime in 2017 ...

" This Just In from the TNN Newsroom - President Trump today just Announced the Justice Department has Arrested John Podesta and Hillary Clinton in the Commercegate Investigation for the trading of mission seats for campaign contributions, Judicial Watch Interim Report to Congress, Nolanda Hill testimony, Leon Panetta and John Podesta ordered Ron Brown to cover-up crimes

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Ok buddy! You are right there is no reason to ask both candidates the same question at a debate.

Neither candidate should of been asked the question in the first place, they shouldn't of asked trump about his tape, they shouldn't of asked Hillary about her emails, they should of asked them about issues.

One of them was going to be president, the media should of cared less about ratings and more about not disgracing the nation, and it backfired big time for the democrats, the debates were the primary reason I didn't vote in this election, I was disgusted with both of them, I wish trump would of walked off stage, or Hillary would of stopped the nonsense. That would of got my vote.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Clinton News Network is "circling the wagons" big time. Instead of asking, "How did we screw up our election prediction so badly!?", their headline is: "Why didn't voters follow our election poll predictions?!"

In a few months, their headline will be, "President Trump wants to abolish the media!". In actuality, he will be abolishing CNN..hopefully with help from his supporters.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:18 AM
link   
The Morning Joe team destroy the New York Times:

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Ok buddy! You are right there is no reason to ask both candidates the same question at a debate.

If the question only applies to one of them, that's absolutely correct.

However, as I pointed out, both candidates were in fact asked if they would respect the result of election.
edit on 11-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

What this Country Needs is a Trump News Network .

It's bad enough as is. Did you bother reading 1984? Do ya reeeeally think the POTUS needs a news network? If so, if that's your actual, serious position, why are you even on a conspiracy site?

The answer to propaganda is not more propaganda.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Had to put this here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Unbelievable.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

What this Country Needs is a Trump News Network .

It's bad enough as is. Did you bother reading 1984? Do ya reeeeally think the POTUS needs a news network? If so, if that's your actual, serious position, why are you even on a conspiracy site?

The answer to propaganda is not more propaganda.

Remember Ted Turner ? Hanoi Jane's Hubby ? He Founded CNN and Thought about Running for President .

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

It's a two way street.

Many other news outlets *cough cough FOX cough cough* are biased as well and bias should not interfere with investigative journalism.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 06:21 AM
link   

They completely buried the content of the Wikileaks emails and, instead, focused on characterizing them as being an instrument of Russia. Even today, they are scrambling to portray Trump's victory as doom for the U.S. and a failure of our political process rather than a victory.

Without skipping a beat. They can't skip, the Matrix construct would collapse. Meanwhile high in the boardrooms they plot and scheme. How can we continue endless war and debt without Hillary at the helm?

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:58 AM
link   

originally posted by: JetBlackStare
focused on characterizing them as being an instrument of Russia.

Might want to keep that thought in the back of your mind, wikileaks isn't out to help you

krebsonsecurity.com...-36921

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Ok buddy! And both gave the same response at that time, so I'm not sure what your point is.

My point is that I believe people should be asked the same question at a debate and none of them should be bait questions worded to help one candidate.

A debate is to debate a topic or multiple topics, their is no debate in bait questions.

What is wrong with any two presidential candidates speaking for and hour on one topic that matters? Do you really believe that you can get a good feeling what either person's intentions are by breezing over the topics that matter and asking bait questions?

The only reality of the question is that it doesn't matter if a candidate will "respect" the decision, they isnt a damn thing anyone can do about it after the election is over, if they agree or not.
edit on 11-11-2016 by fatkid because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 01:58 PM
link   

And both gave the same response at that time, so I'm not sure what your point is.

My point is that your initial statement about Trump being the only one to be asked that question was WRONG.

My point is also that it made perfect sense for Trump to be asked that question a second time, given that he had publicly walked back the answer he had given previously.

You know, the stuff I've repeated multiple times now. That's my point.

My point is that I believe people should be asked the same question at a debate and none of them should be bait questions worded to help one candidate.

So you don't think any questions specific to the candidate should be posed, ever? That would provide no avenue for the debate to reveal the candidate's positions on statements they've made in the past, positions they've previously taken, or things they've previously done, all of which could very well be on the mind's of voters.

And no, I don't agree that the question was a "bait" question. I feel all the questions posed were directly relevant to the election. Feel free to ask me why if you'd like to chat about this for another 5 or 6 pages.
edit on 11-11-2016 by Greggers because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join