It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Down-Ballot Results Matter Too

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:55 AM
link   
SCREECH!! Hold on. My optimistic outburst may have been premature. I'm still only 3 hours into this new country, so bear with me. I was listening to the radio and I could swear I heard that Brownback's team has been ousted by moderates. Even if they're not Dems.....
moderate Republicans have replaced the lunatic bible-thumping dominionists. OR NOT. boo

Thanks to shooterbrody for reminding me to not jump the gun.....!!!

So - now that we have clarified that, let's talk about from here on out.

FIRST THINGS FIRST:

We did it! WE HAD THE ELECTION without a civil war breaking out. Well done, Americans.

Congrats to you all Trump fans - the boss you wanted is now in the oval office. Let's see if he can make America great again.
But on a more day-to-day level, we have to pay attention to the down-ballot.

How did your state do in terms of adjusting to the NNO? (New National Order)

I started this thread thinking that Kansas had emerged with some sanity intact. But now I see that I was misled early this morning by the wording of an announcer on news radio - yes, it was NPR. Either I heard it wrong, or he said "what DIDN'T HAPPEN was..." before I heard the rest of the declaration. So. In reality, KANSAS WILL STILL SUCK. GODDAMMIT.

edit on 11/9/2016 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Cool post bro....can't wait to see what you actually have to say...

Ok now I can jump on board this train, the only bright side I can see is that Brownback is done here in Kansas thank god or who or whatever you pray to. Maybe our schools will stay funded and our budget can be balanced...
edit on 9-11-2016 by crimsongod21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:00 AM
link   
LOL!! Right? Yeah - woops. It's not even sunrise yet, I had a late night and was awakened by the Giant Meteor at 5:10 am when Mr Wigs came in to wake me up with a Holy F***!!

It is truly amazing - and now we shall see if Trump can a) grow up real fast and put on his professional pants, and b) how our states will carry on. Presumably Trump will dismantle the "rigged establishment". Let's hope so.

Meanwhile -- our states are making changes. Since so many are negative to the federal government, and now their meteor has hit its target, states' rights become of even more important, and at least Kansas voters FAILED to make sense right here. Doesn't surprise me. A couple of hours ago I thought sanity had steppe up, but no. Kansas lacks the sense to change out the ruling GOP here.

Interesting. Scary. But here we go.
Tell us how your own local elections turned out!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:04 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Well we voted out the gop and retained our judges and passed a constitutional amendment to garauntee hunters,trappers and fishers rights....

Yay Kansas!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Where is hillary failure clinton? has she made an appearance yet??

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: crimsongod21

Well we voted out the gop and retained our judges and passed a constitutional amendment to garauntee hunters,trappers and fishers rights....

Yay Kansas!
Exactly!!!

I think that's fantastic. It really impacts us a lot more than who is potus; that's a whole nuther country --- the United States do not include D.C. It's not a state. It's a District.

BROWNBACK BUH BYE!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ColaTesla
What are you talking about?

I am talking about down-ballot state results....
for news about hillary you'll need to go elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:22 AM
link   
We just elected our first new U.S. senator in 24 years and she is a Democrat. Some good news occurred

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:25 AM
link   
As this whole country gets a political makeover, this is really exciting.

Okay, the establishment has finally been ousted at the POTUS level. Trump has made some very good points, and if he is able to simmer down and get serious and actually work instead of being on stage, we have had a relatively civil revolution. As much as I question Trump's sincerity,

I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt, and watch to see if he can really do the good things that politicians have failed to do. Now - on the other hand, the states are also in upheaval....

For Trump to take POTUS, and for DEMS to take Kansas is equivalent in many ways.

We broke the gridlock. Well done America. Now start paying attention to getting down to business. We have to be SMART. Let's hope the lobbying ends, PACs are dismantled, student loans are forgiven, and health-care once again overhauled.....

In Kansas the Republican FAIL of Brownback's Dominionist platform has been ousted as well as the local reps and senators. This is a huge relief for Kansas. I believe Brownback's austerity and strangle-hold on our state was some sort of extreme reaction to Obama's tenure. Redacted. Kansas did NOT pull its head out of its stupid Brownbackside. Yikes. Vomit.

Okay fine. The right-wing refusal to acknowledge Obama has now turned the tables. So in some ways, we have a fresh start now.

Wow.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy
We just elected our first new U.S. senator in 24 years and she is a Democrat. Some good news occurred

It's fantastic!

We've caused a huge diversion in D.C., so now we can roll up our sleeves and get busy cleaning out our State Capitols....

we'll keep Trump balanced from down here on the ground. Boots on the ground. Literally.

(post by ColaTesla removed for political trolling and baiting)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

What are you talking about?

I am talking about down-ballot state results....
for news about hillary you'll need to go elsewhere.

Someones grouchy

Not my fault trump wiped the floor with your candidate....

The fact that she couldnt even be bothered to thank her supporters tells you how much she thinks of you

I was never her "supporter." You're trolling the wrong person.
I think what has happened is amazing for our country. We got rid of the "establishment." We've overhauled our state legislature, too.

Now you all can shut up and get busy. We have work to do.
Go gloat somewhere else, I'm optimistic that we have a chance to rebuild.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:13 AM
link   

www.sos.ks.gov...

shows house 85/43 gop
shows senate 31/9 gop

how did the dems take the statehouse?

and all the gop people went to washington....

I am not following your dem win in ks

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: shooterbrody

www.sos.ks.gov...

shows house 85/43 gop
shows senate 31/9 gop

how did the dems take the statehouse?

and all the gop people went to washington....

I am not following your dem win in ks
Hmmm.....

perhaps the announcer misled my reeling brain.....

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

np
good luck up there

top topics

join