It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Confession Being a Manager of a Multi-National Corporation Regarding Trump's Election Win

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: choos

That's quite the assumption; That being smart is enough for anyone/everyone to acquire a financially fulfilling career. As an autistic person I can attest to the fallacy of this.

And no not a lot of money in the family, I just don't need much to get by. At least by first world standards.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:53 PM
link   
Post history.

4 year gap between threads from 2012 to 2016
3 year gap between posts from 2013 to 2016

Noice hibernation account

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:47 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

Hands down you speak the truth

I agree 100%.
One of the themes that you seem to be getting at is that citizens of other countries are simply more decent than a lot of Americans.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

I think THAT is great over simplified assessment by a low level person.
He was real estate ,BIG real estate.
Pretty GOOD too if he got this far.
But then again my skill would be to read him as a person ,looking for behavior patterns of a predator ,possibly a double life.
WAY too much time for a money guy other than the nominal spoiled rich kid crap.
I tried MAYA ,pro Tools ,aftereffects and photoshop,NOT being a native user with predictable result.
However lasers and Fiber optic systems were what I have degrees in ,I just couldn't afford the tool kit and JOBS were out of state.
I was a Temp,I didn't like it ,I EVEN scared a night manager who never spoke to me for some reason,the point is THAT will have to change to incorporate NEW employment models.
OR it might get costly.
If My assessment of the idea is correct.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 01:51 PM
link   
a reply to: SeekingAlpha

a productive member of society?
i restrain myself and control what gets jotted down on my wishlist...free will is dangerous--->
you will get back what you put out into the universe.

my wishlist used to be comprised of material wealth, cars and boats and land far way from home. what i dreamed living luxuriously would entail, that fanciful dream we all share--->but not intimately.

i had a nightmare once, i found myself floating through the heavens sitting next to a guy wearing a crown. he placed it on my head then had me sit in a place prepared for me...behind a red door, it was completely black and empty.

i can't describe the effect it had on me, if one may not be following.
looking at mansions and anything luxurious for myself reminds me of that dark room where i was completely and utterly alone.
having such a wishlist for myself that requires other's to compromise their own wishlist i find that emptiness.
the amount of resources one would require over anyone else is a huge burden and a waste that we put each other through, due to selfish desires.

if we wanted everyone to be healthy we would see to it that everyone became healthy.
the grand majority of us won't smell past their own nose, and try to help someone that smells like they've been crapped on their whole life.

all my strength is dedicated to encouraging others to first think about others when deciding what will be sent to the universe while making a wishlist. it will become a reality...

free will is dangerous to those around you, and are you so special that someone else may not matter?
these are things i've asked myself in quiet contemplation.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: SeekingAlpha
I am a manager of a multi-national corporation with presence in over 100 countries. I have seen the world and worked with the best that other countries have to offer building power plants, stadiums, harbors, and streets. As I watch the news tonight about Trump's win, the consensus was that white working class America is being left behind and the vote for Trump is a vote for their hopes and aspirations.

Whether Clinton or Trump won the election, I'm sorry to say that there is nothing realistically we can do to save the uneducated working class; regardless of race. When I work in the midwest on projects, I hired both non-skilled and skilled employees. The non-skilled employees were generally not very productive. They did not work that hard, they always called in sick to go hunting, and wanted high pay for doing something that frankly a robot can do. Some of them learned HR rules and played the game where they became very disruptive for moral on a project team.

When I work out of the US, I have project teams that are insanely over qualified, they have good attitudes, and are 100% committed to completing the project at hand, and are willing to work 60-70 hour weeks to get the job done for 1/2 the pay. Some of these people are so good at what they do and have an insatiable work ethic that we petition for them to move here to the US on an H-1-B visa. One of my best project teams consists of engineers and project managers from China, India, Cameroon, and Egypt with 3 other US born employees. My worst project team is 100% US born. This team of 6 people has two that are carrying the weight and with the other four employees that are always looking to dish work onto others and not be accountable.

I use these examples to illustrate how the needs of a corporation has unfortunately passed by these struggling working class people in the "rust belt" areas of America. No matter what Trump tries to do, these jobs just are not coming back....and even if they did, I would rather bring in someone on an H-1-B visa that has engineering experience who will take 1/2 the pay and produce twice the amount of work with 1000% less BS.

You add that on to the fact that our technology has become so advanced now that we can scrap many non-skilled positions at our company to reduce overhead.

My heart really goes out to these people because they don't have an option and are being left behind. But, they aren't doing anything to improve their position in life so hanging their hopes on a person who will not be able to deliver for them is truly going to be very disappointing for these working class people.

Lol, I live in Austin, Samsung, AMD are my neighbors. Worked in the industry for a few years taking care of 220 EE's. What it comes down to is innovation happens here and many times the products are produced elsewhere. It'd be great if they were produced in the U.S. instead of overseas imho. Does a person on an assembly line need an EE degree? And fyi the most creative engineers were the whacked out genius ones that were American and lol, had to complete the New York Times crossword before they started work or perhaps have mood lighting in their office or a certain type of incense, or etc, etc. And their work product was outstanding in every way! You need to refocus on the goal and work to achieve it, assembly in the U.S.

STM

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: slider1982

They sell stocks at a insanely fast rate while artificially inflating and deflating the prices of stock when they get a bit off script and set off a chain reaction

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join