It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I'm Convinced: SOMETHING May Have Spoke To Me

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:36 AM
link   
First off, I guess I should give you the link that just turned everything upside down for me.

The Destruction Of Babylon

If you haven't read this, I suggest making the time to do so even if only to humor me or enjoy some interesting reading.

Now, before I just dive into this discussion I'd like to have with you guys, I'd like to give a little bit of background so you may have an understanding of my viewpoint on this subject. For the sake of everyone's interests, I'll try to keep it short

My father started taking me to church when I was in the 4 grade, i believe. Before that I had very little knowledge of religion or any strong influence of it. My mother was an atheist so, you know.

Anyways, church became a regular part of my life. We TRIED to attend every Sunday, Wednesday and any other day that was available. Now, I have always felt a "tug", as I'm sure you've heard it called, that definitely made me feel the need and want to believe in something bigger than myself. Something that was revered as the ultimate Father. A Father who loved the truest version of who I was unconditionally. That was the ultimate pull that I felt and I'm honestly only just now admitting that as I type out this post.

Truthfully, my dad was the definition of a hypocrite. He was an alcoholic. Drinking made him very violent and abusive. He was a pathological liar. Manipulative. The list goes on. My point, he made mine and my older sisters lives pretty damn miserable for quite some time. Because of him, I was constantly fighting that tug that never failed to present itself at any possible chance.

It's funny now when I talk about this but between the age of let's say maybe 9 and 17 I tried to get "saved" over 10 times. I went to a Baptist Church so we had those sermons that focused on the eternal damnation of the nonbelievers and ended with that "Jesus is a'knockin on your heart. Will you let him in" prayer. And I couldn't tell you HOW many flippin times I truly felt like I needed to recite that prayer and ask him into my life before a nice lady came to me, that look of pitied sympathy on her face, and said "honey, you don't have to go up there every time you know"

I felt ridiculous. Embarrassed. Like they'd been laughing at me. Felt like I'd completely screwed up and I lost a little hope, honestly.

I guess you could say that could've been a participating factor in my refusal of faith. There has been a constant battle within my self on this, guys! No joke. From when I decided to quit trying completely when I was 17 to about an hour ago at the age of 23, that annoying little tug that I'd gotten good at metaphorically slapping away had always been there.
The crazy thing is that you always hear people say they had some kind of moment that truly opened their heart up to him and it was undeniable. And they just BELIEVED. Well, that's all I've ever asked for. Some kind of revelation. And boy did I ever get slapped upside the head with the actual book of Revelations. Haha! That's actually quite hilarious....
Anyways, to bring my very first, incomplete, but testimony all the same to a close. I'll share with you what just happened.
It was the flippin elections. Laying in bed with My husband, I was having a minor little freakout about the foreseen outcome and how I was truly wondering what the heck going on. Husband's laughing at me and then decides to pull up this article about Pepe the Frog and the connection it had to Trump and possibly his winning the election. I'm very familiar with Pepe, and Rollin for dubs and all that nonsense because well, I can't say, but that's besides the point.
This knew, delicious slice of conspiracy pie only made my little freakout teeter on that line before the anxiety kicks in. Luckily, I eat this pie on a daily basis so it's more of an exciting kind of freakout rather than a freakout kind of freakout.
Anyways, hmmmm. That got my ever wondering mind shining pretty fast asking myself what does this MEEAAAN!? Trying to get the answer to the meaning of life. My mind jumps around pretty fast I'll tell you the way it went.
•Pepe is an Egyptian god that was somehow brought into existence because of a bunch of idiots using what's commonly known as the powet of prayer?
•Used the constant supply of election news to bring about Trump's victory.
•Trump is now the 45th president.
•Wait, didn't my dad tell me a couple weeks back about some crazy shniz about the Bible and end of times and how there isn't supposed to be a 45th King?

Hmmmm. Then a simple Google search was all it took. Why did I pick the third article from the top? Couldn't tell you. But its instant kind of in your face attitude intrigued my already spinning mind and I began reading aloud to my husband into he fell asleep and continued on in silence.

Now begins the discussion i'd like to partake in.
I will not deny that the information and scripture she seemingly spot on prophecy detailed on this site truly scared the croc out of me. I was very much so trembling in fear. now, I realize that the site does in fact sell the survival books. I also realize that I could have been a true victim to some insane fear mongering. But without going into any proof of the scripture or interpretations I need to point out one more thing.
I didn't hesitate to put in a payment for the survival guides. I have a family that I really do want to protect regardless of a possible apocalypse. Couldn't hurt to see the price. I only have a limited amount of money on a card I JUST loaded the other day to pay a storage fee only to be informed by the counter lady that my bill had been already been paid. Turns out a friend decided to help me out. Go figure.
Price of survival stuff=$46. But wait THERE'S MORE!! Site then offers a premium package that ensures of my becoming ultimate survivalist. Well, they aren't forcing it so with a strange feeling building up in chest I check out the over all price of everything
$57.

Huge sobs just flew out of me as a huge sense of.. I'll but quite sure what it was but it was very, comforting.
Would you believe that my card has exactly $60 on it?
It's been awhile for me. So I'd like some SERIOUS, only POSITIVE HONEST opinions of my little experience. I've been completely honest with you and have shed some tears in the making of this so please take it easy. Which truthfully means lay it on me hard. I'm finally listening now..

edit on 9-11-2016 by PageLC14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:40 AM
link   
For all I know, this could all be coincidence.

Maybe I have an extreme case of daddy issues...

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I think they scared/worried you into spending your money.

Bible prophecies? Please...

Here's hoping the survival guides aren't as useless.

edit on 11-9-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:42 AM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

yeah to some extent..

Trump will be sworn in when he's 77

3 7's .

Jesus - Trump

Antichrist - Obama

Whore of Babylon - Clinton

The two prophets,,,, not sure yet.

Oh wait this gets fun...

haha

Obama and Hillary will be released from their Prisons for a little season, and then

They will tempt the nations during which Trump will come back and slam them into oblivion.

The nations will praise the inadequates running the country, and all the wealth of the people

will be given back to them

End.
edit on 9-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:47 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

Well, not so fast. I never finished the purchase. Me and my husband have identical cards that were both in my wallet when I loaded one of them. But neither of them are being approved which could easily be because I just loaded it yesterday and it takes time to register.

I can wait or not get out at all but at this point, it doesn't even matter

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:50 AM
link   
I'm an atheist now, because during my time as a Christian, I had questions. Questions I felt God wouldn't fault me for having (doubts), seeing as how he gave me the ability to think. In my efforts to find him, to prove his existence.. to confirm or deny this or that event of the Bible etc. etc. etc. I came away with more evidence against the Biblical narrative, than for it.

Bible codes, prophecy etc. It's not legit. Tons of the stuff in the Bible is not legit. There are inconsistencies. Factual inaccuracies and the like. The history of its authorship (or rather, the authorship of the various books within).. The books not canonized.. Etc. etc.

It all points to what it is (IMHO).

Not an accurate reflection of reality.

edit on 11-9-2016 by WakeUpBeer because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

Man, I seriously can not deny the amount of fear this damn guy forced into me!!

I wonder if the difference between his sermon and any I've ever heard on this subject is that he zeroed in on America alone as the ones to be obliterated. Making it a little too personal
edit on 9-11-2016 by PageLC14 because: Heehee double negative

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:57 AM
link   
I've looked at your link, and I see that the argument is based on the old chestnut that "America is Revelation's Babylon", and is about to be destoyed for that reason. Obama is the last President, because this will happen before his successor is sworn in.
As far as I can tell, this Babylon theory normally comes from Americans as a kind of inverted narcissism. The site asks "Isn't it odd that America doesn't seem to be mentioned in Biblical prophecy?" No, because Biblical prophecy is a) about the countries which the Biblical prophets know about, and b) about the countries which were attacking the Israelites in the first millenium B.C. America doesn't match either criterion.
On the specific "Babylon" suggestion; from my own studies of Revelation, I can't help noticing that Babylon is caught up in the persecution of the church, "drunk with the blood of the saints". That is the essence of Babylon; that is why she is a bad thing. This is not yet happening in America, and it needs to be well under way before she gets destroyed on that basis.

Finally, I also observe that the site predicts destruction via E.M.P and is offering things for scale which wil help you escape the consequences, e.g. devices to protect your electronics. When you click to "return", it even uses the old marketing trick of "Are you sure you want to leave this site?"
Does it occur to you that the site may be a badly-disguised marketing operation?

edit on 9-11-2016 by DISRAELI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:59 AM
link   
a reply to: PageLC14

Some people are just... freaks.

Nothing you can do to help those people.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   

This is so strange. I'm in no position to explain WTF just happened. As the time has passed and initial excitement has vanished, I can't help but really appreciate your open minded and level headed replies.

Like you, I stopped asking questions when they all boiled down to one answer: Have Faith. Faith is the hardest thing to have.

It really kinda pisses me off now thinking that I may have been tricked and manipulated into bringing forth a pretty emotional reaction. But who am I to even say was a scam?

How odd is out that the total to pay would have been $57?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I believe if the events of Revelation take place within the foreseeable future; the USA is definitely Mystery Babylon. However I also think that the book of Revelation presents a chronologically accurate sequence of events. In Revelation the destruction of Mystery Babylon is one of the last things to take place before the battle of Armageddon. So I wouldn't trust this website at all.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:11 AM
link   
Look...

The entire planet is an illusion

It's all crap.

get over it.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:12 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

Psht. No. It did not occur to me....

Like I said i was already in a weak mind set before I clicked on that link. There was no help for me. My husband fell asleep and left me to fend for myself.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: PageLC14

This is so strange. I'm in no position to explain WTF just happened. As the time has passed and initial excitement has vanished, I can't help but really appreciate your open minded and level headed replies.

Thanks.

Like you, I stopped asking questions when they all boiled down to one answer: Have Faith. Faith is the hardest thing to have.

Yep. And I was done fooling myself.

It really kinda pisses me off now thinking that I may have been tricked and manipulated into bringing forth a pretty emotional reaction.

Hey, it happens. I've been down that road before. You come out of these things with a sharper eye though. One hopes.

But who am I to even say was a scam?

Well for one they kept pushing the merchandise. Though maybe they really believe in the bullcrap they are saying, and truly believe they are helping. I highly doubt it though. Wolves in sheeps clothing and all that.

How odd is out that the total to pay would have been $57?

It isn't.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Hey, now, you. Don't tell me to deny one possibility while declaring an equally insane possibility. For all I know, you could all be a part of a $5 simulation experience I paid for at a mall kiosk

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Hey, now, you. Don't tell me to deny one possibility while declaring an equally insane possibility. For all I know, you could all be a part of a $5 simulation experience I paid for at a mall kiosk

lol. I assure you i am not.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:26 AM
link   

For all I know, you could all be a part of a $5 simulation experience I paid for at a mall kiosk

No. We're some spoiled meat you accidentally ate in your sandwich yesterday.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Heh heh
Alright. But honestly, this kind of thing has never happened to me. I guess I'm leaving myself too vulnerable. I'm open and accepting of the many possible reasons behind our existence. I just let my mind go a little crazy for a second.

The idea of an actual godlike creator has never really appealed to me. Ever since I considered the possibility of other gods creating other little world's or universes, my brain just didn't like that particular idea

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Yea, that one doesn't make sense to me either. Lol

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:35 AM
link   

Well that would explain the frequent bathroom visits

top topics

<<   2 >>

join