It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congratulations to President-elect Donald Trump.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:37 AM
link   
a reply to: DJW001

Why ever not?

I've never hesitated to complain/fuss/whine about someone I've voted for. No, I don't like him, that should be fairly obvious, but he deserves a chance to get it right.

All he has to do, is do what the majority of Americans want him to do, while at the same time attempting to ensure that the minority are protected. [sarc]Easy-peasy![/sarc]

To do this, he needs our support--no matter how reluctant. If he screws up, all bets are off, and they should be.

This is a once in a lifetime opportunity for an egotist of his calibre, he literally has the fate of the world in his hands. He needs to, now, tonight, start to work with those who are going to be in leadership positions in Congress, not just the majority, but the minority, as well.

How much support can he actually count on in Congress? That is going to determine his tenure in office. Will his ego allow him to be humble enough to ask for help, or will it demand autocratic behavior, which won't go down well, at all.

If he truly is the independent he's attempted to portray himself as (I've doubts, a lot of them.) he's going to have to work with both sides.

His cabinet choices are going to go a long ways towards the success, or lack there of, his administration may or may not have. Newt Gingrich, a name that's apparently being bandied about, will not win him many friends on the minority side of the aisle. Hopefully, this occurs to him. If it does to me, certainly someone on his staff can enlighten him.

Ah, well...

We shall see, what we shall see.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 03:42 AM
link   
a reply to: enjoylifeThanks and welcome to ATS. I felt we blew a chance to make a better world back during the 90s when we didn't pursue better relations and hope now we will get it right

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:41 AM
link   
a reply to: enjoylife

I hope so man.. I hope so.
edit on 9-11-2016 by nOraKat because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 11:05 AM
link   
a reply to: ColaTesla

The Hilderbeast is wondering how the hell she is going to pay back the BILLIONS she owes for favours...

Madonna's sleazy suggestion to garner votes comes to mind. I'm sure she'd be willing to lend Hillary a hand or chapstick.

I mean what do you give people who have absolutely everything except...the office of POTUS!!!

Congrats Mr. President and your/our gorgeous/gracious First Lady Melania.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Im sure he was a plant. I dont believe in all of it.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:13 AM
link   
Well, here we are, a few short hours from the inauguration of, in a word, a very controversial President. Donald J. Trump will be sworn in as the 45th President of these somewhat United States.

I say somewhat because, as with the 44th, the 43rd, the 42nd, the 41st, are you sensing a trend here???, right on down to the 1st, no President has enjoyed 100 percent popularity, never have, and never will--not as long as we're a democratic republice anyway.

Speaking of that democratic republic...

I've been noticing what is, to me anyway, a very disturbing trend over the past couple, three, four, five, another trend, administrations. Some of their supporters are all for republican democracy, so long as it benefits them. It's great, so long as it's their guys/gals in control of stuff, and as long as things resemble an echo chamber...but when it's not, all bets are off, apparently. People are burned in effigy, called rather disturbing names, mocked, their children and wives attacked. This isn't a recent trend, either. Maybe it's become more obvious because of instant electronic media...and frankly it's rather sick.

Some of those names you can read in this very thread...and lovely ones they are, too. Mea culpa, I've done some of it, too.

Is this truly the America we want to leave our children? What sort of examples are we setting for them?

Supposedly reasonable adults reduced to throwing around names that we'd punish our kids for saying to each other. That's political discourse in America today for all too many of us. ...and, yes, I said us. I've been as guilty of it as anyone--well, maybe not anyone...some of you could teach a master-class in devisive politically charged rhetorical flourishes.

I'm not being complementary. We should, frankly, be damned ashamed of ourselves.

Throw bottles and such at people simply going to a party? Really? Burn the sitting President in effigy? Really? ...and all the other sordid little, and not so little, slights and slurs served up against them.

Don't like their policies? Cool, you're not required to. However, maybe a little more thought, in place of some of the bs rhetoric, things might be worked out. Are your opinions so strongly held that you can't stand the notion of someone disagreeing with them? Or you feel the need to cast insulting aspersions upon their persons for the crime of merely disagreeing with you?

Here's a home truth for y'all... Ain't a single one of you a political genius with all the answers. Stop acting like it.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Congrats to Trump and American people for making sure that the rest of the world will have something to laugh at the next four years. I have to admit, no one can do it like you guys. Thank you.

edit on 20-1-2017 by ErrorErrorError because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:28 AM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I lost 14 years of my life dealing with the corruption and evil in my country,there is no bill of rights here,if you disagree with the powers that be here they can just declare you mentally ill lock you up and throw away the key not that anybody knows or cares about this unless it happens to them.You have a bill of rights and constitution which extends to you unalienable rights the whole world envies its been very concerning the last month since your election that there is now a large segment of your community that is not educated to your history,civics seemingly only to happy to toss the Republic for partisan politics.I was in the USA in 1981 under Reagan,it was a totally different country back then I hope Trump can restore some of America's former glory and I hope its citizens come to their senses.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 06:48 AM
link   
I have a conference room reserved from noon till 1 to watch. Told my team they would be fed but no talking politics. Alas one woman had to have a fit because there was nothing for her. Of course she replied to all with her feelings and my reply was she is more than welcome but no politics. She declined and took today off it appears. 1 Unexcused absence for her coming up! All she had to do is say she was sick but all she said was I won't be in and that was that.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:01 AM
link   
a reply to: mikell

What do you mean, there was nothing for her? No food? Or do you mean a psychologically oppressive atmosphere in which something impossibly evil is happening and she cannot even speak against it because of your arbitrary, nonsensical violation of the first amendment, in denying people permission to speak their minds?

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:29 AM
link   

I only hope that more people find independence, find work, find happiness and enjoy all the things that freedom has to offer.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 07:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
I have a conference room reserved from noon till 1 to watch. Told my team they would be fed but no talking politics. Alas one woman had to have a fit because there was nothing for her. Of course she replied to all with her feelings and my reply was she is more than welcome but no politics. She declined and took today off it appears. 1 Unexcused absence for her coming up! All she had to do is say she was sick but all she said was I won't be in and that was that.

You are so cool, here is a star

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: seagull
Well, Mr. Trump, here you go. You've got the chance to prove many of us wrong. Frankly, you scare me almost as much as she who shall no longer be relevant did, in some ways, more. But, here you go. The Bully Pulpit. A chance to "Make America Great."

As a Brit I say>>>>

Full marks to Donald Trump for pulling of the American equivalent of Brexit!

You strike me as a bully.

Some people might say "'bold' with strong conviction."

Without that America could get walked all over, I have read many Americans

think Obama didn't have that nerve of steel required to get things done?

A misogynistic egotist of the worst sort, as well.

As a woman I think that has been well over egged.

And pushed by rampant feminists, and the *special snowflakes*

The women of his family are praised for their strength, conduct, grace

and work ethics ..... even his ex wives. Do you think they would have

turned out like that living with a misogynist?

But, my nation has spoken, somewhat emphatically, too.

Onward and upward ...... only way to go

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 08:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: Hefficide

Today is a great day America - it's the beginning of the end for the doctrine of Reaganomics. The last gasp of the neoconservative influence upon this nation. A day when we can finally stop playing around with the demons of social Darwinism and corporate superiority and start putting things back to good.

One of the character traits of liberals is that we are laid back and compassionate. We don't go for the jugular vein - as many of our more conservative nemesis are wont to do. But today is OUR day - and we deserve to gloat a little! Let us allow our voices to be heard! We've fought the good fight and now we will reap the spoils of war!

As we claim victory here - we also must refocus and begin the process of holding our elected officials accountable. No more status quo. No more catering to the right. We have to protect those who are being disenfranchised by the establishment currently - because there but for the grace go we...

This is the dawn of a new paradigm people. How that works out is totally up to us. It's time for that change that we were promised. We have earned it. We deserve it. And now.... We demand it.

Congratulations on your second term as President of the United States, Mr Barack Obama. Now... do the right thing. Adhere to the mandate the people have given you.

God Bless America.

~Heff

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 09:14 AM
link   
My father always held the opinion that a businessman (or businesswoman, he didn't care) was needed to run this country. He was convinced that career politicians knew nothing about real life, real problems, and the value of hard work. Sadly, he died in 2012 at 81. He would have been dancing in the street today.

I pray that we, as a country, did the right thing. I will give Trump a chance. It's the only thing we can do at this point. This election has really brought out the ugliness in ALL of us. My own family has been divided, and words have been spoken that no one can take back. I hope that after today we can move on.

Peace to us all -

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:48 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Amen, brother cowboy.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: eletheia

Some might, indeed, say that. ...and I, most fervently, hope he proves my misgivings wrong. I really do. Doesn't change the fact I have 'em.

As for the misogynist rhetoric...? It was overblown by all the evidence out there. So I will say only Mea Culpa.

The chance is there, now he just needs to make it work. I hope he realizes that he can not hope to accomplish anything without help...

Time will, as in all things, tell.

posted on Jan, 20 2017 @ 05:57 PM
link   

I Be Up for Erraticatin' some Radical Islamic Terrorists President Trump , Where Dey at ?
edit on 20-1-2017 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join