It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Donald Trump Support Marijuana Legalization?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:43 AM
link   
History... In The Making.

It means America will be On Par with Canada and Mexico in their Intelligent change of idealisms.

I think creating revenue, for the people by the people is a solid plan and i commend Trump for making that statement.

As with figuring out Donald Trump’s stance on anything, it’s difficult to nail down exactly how he feels about marijuana legalization. Not only are there a plethora of contradicting statements, but deciphering the context of his statements adds another layer to wade through.

With legalization becoming more of a bipartisan issue by the day. With Congress allowing medical marijuana to be prescribed to veterans and no fines for banks working with the cannabis industry, the likelihood of any presidential nominee coming into office and dismantling the state laws already enacted seems incredibly unlikely. With that in mind, we look a the likelihood of Donald Trump to EXPAND marijuana access across the country.

The Marijuana Policy Project (MPP) recently released their grade for every presidential candidate.

Here’s what Trump had to say:

“In terms of marijuana and legalization, I think that should be a state issue, state-by-state. … Marijuana is such a big thing. I think medical should happen — right? Don’t we agree? I think so. And then I really believe we should leave it up to the states.” Washington Post, October 29, 2015

—-

“I’d say [regulating marijuana]is bad. Medical marijuana is another thing, but I think it’s bad and I feel strongly about that. [Moderator: “What about the states’ right aspect of it?”] If they vote for it, they vote for it… But I think, medical marijuana, 100%.” C-SPAN, June 23, 2015

—-

“We’re losing badly the War on Drugs. You have to legalize drugs to win that war. You have to take the profit away from these drug czars.” Miami Herald, April 14, 1990
edit on 9-11-2016 by JesusXst because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Trump is for the typical status quo for cannabis (and I'm not talking about the psychoactive substances that get you high).

Trump has never publicly claimed to be for the utilization of hemp or any orher products relating to cannabis (such as medicines that again have no psychoactive substances that render the user under the influence) but then again no candidate really has.

I don't know if you fully read the link but Trump is definitely NOT on par with the legalization and recreational use of cannabis let alone the cultivation and multiple extents that the herb can provide.

Beyond that - people should be able to do what they want, with their own bodies, with their own resources, in their own homes, on their own times, with their own consent, as long as no one else is present unless without their consent/willingness - without any ramifications/consequences, and to put it more bluntly (pun intended) - people should be free to smoke weed.

The fact that people are imprisoned for it yet people like Hillary walk free is a joke in the face of a "free nation."

If Trump were to proactively engage in changing this - bravo. But be realistic, he's not.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:52 AM
link   
a reply to: RomeByFire

Yeah.

Trump said openly that he'd leave it up to the Individual States to decide what they want to do.

This is the best thing he could say, in all honesty.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: JesusXst

It's certainly not moving in favor of marijuana legalization.

Look at the chronology of his quotes (here and elsewhere) and you'll see it shifted from advocating ending 'the war on drugs' to marijuana being bad and each State should decide. So, if you want it legalized he's not your guy. State by state.

Trump: "I say it's bad. Medical marijuana is another thing, but I think it's bad. And I feel strongly about that."
edit on 9-11-2016 by Lucid Lunacy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I think law enforcement could do a better job without chasing MJ cases

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:56 AM
link   
At this point I don't think it matters overall. It passed California recreationally and that's a gateway to passing throughout the rest of the states who vote/allow it.

Grats on the passing states for medical and recreational!
edit on 9-11-2016 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: JesusXst

Yeah.

Trump said openly that he'd leave it up to the Individual States to decide what they want to do.

Federal restructure.

The fact that cannabis has remained on its current position within the federal rankings have been seriously detrimental to further allowing studies to be conducted legally.

And you'd better believe it, it's made that way.

It doesn't matter what states say. This is delegated versus reserved rights, what you learn in high school level economics let alone college studies. State rights are always trampled by federal legislation.

When it comes to weed, without federal restructure, it's trying to swim into the current. One part of the body is engaged while the other is forcefully pushing back.

If Trump were to make any sort of change regarding cannabis I would be absolutely thrilled. Considering he is a "businessman," the profit margin should be brazen for him to see.

link   
California has just said yes to legalization

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:57 AM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

It passed California

Ahh, nice. Didn't know. My vote went towards that in Cali

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 01:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
I think law enforcement could do a better job without chasing MJ cases

That's what law enforcement thrives on.

Hopefully this isn't against T&C but I was given two citations for having stuff on me years back and I was downright harassed by the police until I filed an injunction against them for stalking and unwarranted profiling.

My court hearing was a cakewalk considering I had cited seventeen occasions within a three week time frame where a certain officer would follow me from before I went into work, and when I would return home from work.

God forbid LEO's actually chase real crime as opposed to harassing those who work for a living and enjoy some things not necessarily accepted in their (sparse) free time.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: Lucid Lunacy

No President Really has the Power to Change Legislation Laws , the FDA and DEA along with Congress are the ones with the Legal Authority to do that . The President can Suggest a Course of Action , it can either be Excepted or Ignored .

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: Lucid Lunacy

Look at the chronology of his quotes (here and elsewhere) and you'll see it shifted from advocating ending 'the war on drugs' to marijuana being bad and each State should decide. So, if you want it legalized he's not your guy. State by state.

Trump: "I say it's bad. Medical marijuana is another thing, but I think it's bad. And I feel strongly about that."

I think his opinion changed when he realized he needed the Fundamentalist's votes to win.

I don't think Trump supporters have a clue who this guy really is.

edit on 9-11-2016 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: RomeByFire

Yeah.

Federal restructure.

The fact that cannabis has remained on its current position within the federal rankings have been seriously detrimental to further allowing studies to be conducted legally.

It doesn't matter what states say. This is delegated versus reserved rights, what you learn in high school level economics let alone college studies. State rights are always trampled by federal legislation.

When it comes to weed, without federal restructure, it's trying to swim into the current. One part of the body is engaged while the other is forcefully pushing back.

If Trump were to make any sort of change regarding cannabis I would be absolutely thrilled. Considering he is a "businessman," the profit margin should be brazen for him to see.

It will happen, and it will be one of the best economic booms of the century. People will grow it for many different things, clothing,medical,pretty much anything that involves fabric. I wouldn't doubt it if i saw Cancer cured in my lifetime. I already know how to but speaking on scientific levels. It will be one of the smartest things the Gov't could do at this point, apart from Trumps promise to get rid of Obamacare.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:05 AM
link   

a reply to: dreamingawake

It passed California

Ahh, nice. Didn't know. My vote went towards that in Cali

Mine too.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:06 AM
link   

It would be nice if you could post a time line of this for us?

I know in the 80/90/s he had no problem with hemp.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Unlike Clinton who at a private bank speech said she qas completely against it....

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Yeah.

Federal restructure.

It will happen, and it will be one of the best economic booms of the century. People will grow it for many different things, clothing,medical,pretty much anything that involves fabric. I wouldn't doubt it if i saw Cancer cured in my lifetime. I already know how to but speaking on scientific levels. It will be one of the smartest things the Gov't could do at this point, apart from Trumps promise to get rid of Obamacare.

A very close childhood friend of mine is studying to become a soil conservationist and due to federal policy many avenues of research are all but blocked due to current restrictions and rulings by the powers that be.

Lowering the levels of acidic residue in soil with naturally growing compounds is frowned upon and is "illegal," although it can be mimicked, and vigorously tested with the same outlying results that happen like clockwork - yet many practices of "big industry," are completely legal yet have results that are detrimental and have also been vigorously tested with the same outlying results.

Like I mentioned I have to see a single candidate being any of these matters into light.

Instead it's a WWE-style Twitter meme barrage of ignorant and insults. Sometimes I really shake my head at the level of Idiocracy we've achieved.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 02:19 AM
link   

Yeah.

Federal restructure.

A very close childhood friend of mine is studying to become a soil conservationist and due to federal policy many avenues of research are all but blocked due to current restrictions and rulings by the powers that be.

Lowering the levels of acidic residue in soil with naturally growing compounds is frowned upon and is "illegal," although it can be mimicked, and vigorously tested with the same outlying results that happen like clockwork - yet many practices of "big industry," are completely legal yet have results that are detrimental and have also been vigorously tested with the same outlying results.

Like I mentioned I have to see a single candidate being any of these matters into light.

Instead it's a WWE-style Twitter meme barrage of ignorant and insults. Sometimes I really shake my head at the level of Idiocracy we've achieved.

Thank You for that.

I know it would take a lot for the infrastructure to change. I will bet you though, that Trump would listen were it proposed to him to do so.

I shake my head too, it was a crazy election, however, sometimes a bit of crazy is what is needed to unhinge those who drove us there in the first place. Everytime i hear someone talk about what they saw on MSN or Television it makes me shake my head that people still heed to that s'ht.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Well, I hope he at least sticks to the states rights approach to mary jane. He didnt seen like a drug warrior, but he has also been politically buddy buddy with Christie who usbgod awful.

Trump does not however strike me as someone that cares about pot too much either way.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 04:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: pirhanna
Well, I hope he at least sticks to the states rights approach to mary jane. He didnt seen like a drug warrior, but he has also been politically buddy buddy with Christie who usbgod awful.

Trump does not however strike me as someone that cares about pot too much either way.

I believe he'll leave the fine details to that of the individual States.

But we do indeed have just moved up in morality with this Trump Win.

<<   2 >>

join