It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Have Entered Idiocracy

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 10:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

The film is more than just politics, it is also a commentary on the consumerist mindset and the overall dumbing down of society.

The dumbing down of society is not confined to consumerism. The opposite is also true. There is a dumbing down of society as "the globalists" claim to "be trying to tackle Climate Change," among other things, and pound on people a false sense of guilt that "people are bad because we release CO2" hence "people must be controlled by the elites, who only want good things for us." Or so they claim...
edit on 10-11-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 11:07 PM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Yeah.....the dumbing down is by too many people paying attention to scholarly articles about climate change. Science makes people dumber.

Do you actually believe that?
edit on 10-11-2016 by WhateverYouSay because: thought it was mud pit

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 05:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
The dumbing down of society is not confined to consumerism.

Which is why I put the word 'and' in my sentence.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The DNC entered into Idiocracy long ago.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Soylent Green Is People

Because the title of this thread was probably in reference to that specific film, and the title of the film was "Idiocracy" and not "idiocy".

Well this is what the OP said - how you get any reference to a comedy is beyond me, but whatever, you americans are probably suffering from election burnout

Trump has won, he is giving the acceptance speech based on Clinton's concession. God help us all. I also hope ATS stays together and a family, like we have been. It has gotten through several elections. This one is different, though. I love my country, I will now have to think of Donald Trump as Commander in Chief come January. Let us stay together.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:48 AM
link   
a reply to: ElectricUniverse

Just to clarify once and for all - the system that best that describes the Government that runs the USA is called Plutocracy

Idiocy best describes the actions of the general population in putting up with it.

wiki

government by the wealthy. "the attack on the Bank of England was a gesture against the very symbol of plutocracy"

a state or society governed by the wealthy. plural noun: plutocracies "no one can accept public policies which turn a democracy into a plutocracy"

an elite or ruling class whose power derives from their wealth. "officials were drawn from the new plutocracy"

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Breaking News : Trump meets with gatorade for plan to bring jobs back to America in return for gatorade replacing water. Gatorade's electrolytes will help keep america hydrated while fluoride keeps our teeth healthy!

In other news, Trump continues talks to build wall on mexican border. Trump calls mexicans , "the whitewalkers", when referencing Game of Thrones in state of the union adress.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Tbh, I've read some of the dumbest crap right on this very website. What do you expect from a group of people who openly oppose becoming educated? The world continues to learn, evolve, and advance itself, but so many of these people still exist due to human nature of helping each other and because they are given an equal amount of choice in deciding policy the rest of us with molecular biology and engineering degrees or MBAs are dragged down by these bottom feeders.

It has nothing to do with right or left because they exist at all levels of intellect. This joint is filled with morons.

Buncha perverts too. There's way too much pedophilia obsession here. It's fcking disgusting.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra

God help us all

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: Wardaddy454

Sieg MAGA!

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Steak
The DNC entered into Idiocracy long ago.

Republicans are just as bad as Democrats if you think otherwise you are delusional.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:46 AM
link   
a reply to: reldra
Oh really, got to agree with ColdWisdom you have just now entered ideocracy? Not the countless other times and instances idiotic things have been done and happened in the past, just now it has begun?

Besides I said it before, Trump, good as any, better then some, he may not be average but he is not sub par. You realize that all he has to do is build a few bridges, and and keep a quarter of his promises and he will go down in history as one of the best presidents ever?

Not because he is that great but because everybody else has been so greedy, selfish, stupid, and down right dopie with there whole blue vs red thing, that by comparison it would make him look good. In fact it just may be to dam easy to pull this country by its bootstraps and make something happen, and if its anything Trump is good at, its having way out there and wacky crazy plans and he is willing to try anything not only if it sounds like it might work, but to make it work.

Like the time he got a bunch of banks to invest in his idea to buy out a bunch of planes and he decket them out with gold trim toilet seats, his plan failed off course and bankruptcy ensued, because it was stupid and nobody is paying that kind of money to travel to be worth it. You see he is only now just learning about selling things to the common people and figuring out that he could make more money getting more regular buts in seats then he ever could getting only a few rich buts in those same seats.

But, if he is just smart enough to listen to others who may know what works. Like I said, all the infrastructure and everything anybody would need is there, all he has to do is give the okey dokey lets do it. Basically all he has to do is build a few bridges, maybe even go for something more grand like a subsonic enclosed hyperloop system cross country.

And even if it does not succeed, he still will go down as one of the best presidents because none of the last ones have done anything but tally around playing tick tack toe and footsie with there constituency.

Something like this or bullet trains, and you know what, it may cost less then the whole dam war and bomb and hire contractors to rebuild gravy train has done already the past 50 years in the middle east has cost so far.

And you know why people voted for him. Because he is wacky enough to spend other peoples money on gold plated toilet seats in jet plains as a business model. Very few are ballzy or have the insanity to try anything new now a days as it is. So ya! We shall see what hilarities Donald Trump may or may not bring, but really all he has to do is build a few bridges and he still will be better then what America has had in a while.

Making him by default the best president in a while. Oh what wonders await these next few 4 years, though I personally would not expect much, but we will see. If anything it will be entertaining.

And you know he will do something, after all he as done something all his life, a lot of it just bad ideas, to which normal people could not afford to make, but hey at least they were something, and considering how easy it would be to turn this country around, well all it needs is somebody who is willing to do something that's out there instead of beating around the bush constantely.

After all he practically pandered to everybody and anybody out there just to get elected. Now we shall see, though I think a lot of people are going to be disappointing when he breaks his campaign promises. And one of the first ones he will likely break is his promise to build that wall to keep Mexico and illegals out, oh ya, many people are going to be heart broken about that one.

To bad, so sad.

Also we have been in a ideocracy for quite a long time, but there are many different facets and kinds of ideocracies out there. You will know when you have really entered a real ideocracy, because its intro starts like this. When the skyscrapers are held together by rope and glue, and your trying to grow crops with Gatorade, you will know something is wrong.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Wardaddy454
Your tears sustain me.

MAGA!

ETA: Nice edit Reldra

LOW ENERGY EFFORT!

Tears are only for weaklings. Tears come from weakness, and drinking them makes you weaker.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 12:52 AM
link   
This election has proven to me that people now treat politics like a sporting event, and do not fully comprehend the implications of their vote.

A majority of people know who the POTUS is, but barley anything else about our government, so they are quite susceptible and gullible to propaganda.

It's not simply a failure of education system, we as a country are more educated than we've ever been as a whole. People simply have to many other concerns in life to dedicate the proper time to studying geopolitics and economic theory.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:00 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12
Hey it could happen. Though I think that particular boarder dispute may just may go down something like this instead of a game of thrones motif, both though are equally as funny. People sure are super cereal about such things and there team colors. After all that fact is proven every 4 years in spades.

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 01:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Kettu
Well obviously the two party system is to much to comprehend for most people, we may have to dumb it down and make it a one party system. Lets just call it a party all the time system. Easier to keep track for people of whats what and who is who then.

Joking? Well, who knows.

But hey look at the bright side, now people, especially younger people know just how important it is to have structures and people put in place which can possibly dictate and rule over your life, this election has gotten more people involved then ever including record numbers of people who have yet to get into it before or to be bothered to learn just how politics and the whole system works.

Even the George Soros sponsored riots are a learning experience. Or at least it will be once they realize they are easy to manipulate as putty, or at least some 40 years down the line from now when there a bit older.

Everybody is so gloomy, got to look at the bright side right?

edit on 1amSaturdayam122016f6amSat, 12 Nov 2016 01:11:28 -0600 by galadofwarthethird because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 03:13 AM
link   
a reply to: galadofwarthethird

One party makes sense. The more we can simplify things for Trump the easier it will be to train him.

(post by Riffrafter removed for a manners violation)

posted on Nov, 12 2016 @ 05:47 AM
link   
a reply to: spiritualzombie
Hey I was joking. Personally I would prefer the no party system. But I am in the minority. Who knows what Trump would prefer may have to ask him or something. But the guy seems to like being in the lime light and people so the more parties the better Trump would do me thinks. This election seems to have worked in his favor, didn't he go from 4 th party to 3rd party to main party?

But you know what, I think that just maybe, it is time for a 3 party system. Sure it would complicate things, and make things much annoying and much more time consuming for people to keep track of, its already to convoluted as it is, seems like a big waste of time and resources that could be better spent somewhere else.

But it would be a step up from the 2 party thing. As the next logical evolution in most peoples minds from 2 is 3.

Though I do not think peoples minds would be ready for such a change, I mean 2 party? Ya! Its simple something anybody can grasp and understand, there's my guys and there is your guys, and my guys are off course the right one, and yours the wrong.

But 3 parties! Say what? Who are they? There not my guys, and there not your guys, so what would be the point of them. Who would be right or wrong then, would we have to share right and wrong among all 3 groups now? Oh its so dizzying of a thought.

It would just confuse people. Oh well, there is always next elections. Slowly even in this election, we were moving a bit to a breaking past this 2 party system, I think there was a third party? There were them democrats, and them republicans, and the other guys. Does anybody remember who they were? Oh well does not matter.

Though to be truthful other the the no party system, a welcome substitute would be the party all the time system. Though something tells me we already have that as well.

posted on Nov, 13 2016 @ 11:24 PM
link   

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join