It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We Have Entered Idiocracy

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Ah well, elections are like this. Imagine how some of us felt when Obama won. Oh, you don't have to. Now you know.

Cheer up! We get to do this all over again in four years and things will quite possibly be more to your liking then. Just try not to nominate a corrupt, lying, skeeze for your candidate. It's pretty bad when a reality TV star can beat her.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 05:59 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra>>>> We've been there for the last 16 years, 20 probably. With each next POTUS we lower the bar even further. Duhbya was bad enough to get us Obama and Obama was truly awful enough to give us either Trump or Hillary. Easily the two worst candidates ever. Okay, Obama was equally as bad and Duhbya nearly so. Clinton was a sleaze and as corrupt as they come but he was actually a decent PREZ when he took a hands off approach to foreign and domestic policy and let things run themselves. It was only in his second term when he started F ing things up and kept needing cleaning up after. Both parties have led this country to make it finally hit rock bottom, both parties working in concert. You know the definition of insanity. keep doing the same thing and expect different results. Well, keep voting dem and GOP.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Satire: The Kickoff Poster for Trump's 2020 Campaign

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: omniEther

LOL I'm one of the biggest Trump supporters on this site. You didn't get that those statements aren't hateful and thus everything I said was sarcastic. Wow that flew over your head.

I removed the final bit, felt it may been mean and a portion that was a question as I misinterpreted it as being directed at me.
edit on 9-11-2016 by ksiezyc because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Zanti Misfit

I love you man.
In a totally non descript heterosexual celebratory way of course.

Oh and I'd just like to say I have never been so happy to be so wrong in my entire very colorful life. lmaorotflmao om b slmao. wooooo hooooo

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: reldra

I read this when you first posted it. If you are going to edit it so heavily from its original message why even post?

#neverforget

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 08:51 PM
link   
a reply to: aivlas

You sound upset. Why are you so angry?

And really, I would intentionally post hypocritical comments to advertise? How the hell does that make any sense at all?

Let's all rally behind the new president. We must respect the peaceful transition of power.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Winstonian

You have read the words in your avatar right?

Logic? reason? common sense? inalienable human rights? all things you are outright posting against with your one sided bias view on trump.

Trump is just as corrupt and out for himself and his circle as anyone else you are strongly against but you choose to ignore that.

The more you post the more your channel is advertised, you don't have to post anything that makes sense you just need to post.

Case in point
www.abovetopsecret.com...
and the video someone posted in response
www.youtube.com...

edit on 9-11-2016 by aivlas because: to many words

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: reldra

You spoke to my online gaming side. But in reality, I know we are all now screwed.

You got that wrong... We would have been screwed if Hillary won. Anyway, we will see how President Trump does. As for your claim he is lying... What exactly are you talking about? He just said we were stopping the immigration from the Middle East until we find a solution on how to vet them, which is one of the issues he talked about in his campaign.

That's what the Obama administration should have done... But instead we know the Obama administration, which included Hillary, were/are working on releasing illegal criminals meanwhile deporting more regular illegals than any other President before... Who was/is lying are the Obama administration and Hillary Clinton and her staff members.

Trump hasn't even been inaugurated as President and you are already trying to claim he is lying and he is not keeping the promises he made during the campaign?... How does that make any sense?... He is not even officially President... Obama still is President...

edit on 9-11-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct link.

edit on 9-11-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add comment.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: aivlas

That's your opinion. You can think what you want, and I really don't care if you still don't understand why Trump getting elected over Hillary was a good thing.

If you want to attack me personally, go ahead. It says much more about you than it does me.

At least I am using my voice for what I believe in.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 04:19 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

No kidding, then why not use the word idiocy?

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 06:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight

Idiot+Democracy=Idiocracy.

It is a satire of future American political and social culture.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 07:44 AM
link   

Do any of them have a useful foreign policy? If he doesn't, why did Putin immediately say he is looking forward to mending our relationship when Trump won. That would have never happened under Killary. As far as church goes, God has already figured out whether you believe or don't believe and it probably won't help to become a fair-weather christian at this point. Good Luck!

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Because the title of this thread was probably in reference to that specific film, and the title of the film was "Idiocracy" and not "idiocy".

And, as AugustusMasonicus mentioned above, the film used that title as an intentional combination of Idiocy + democracy as part of the satire that the film was.

edit on 2016-11-10 by Soylent Green Is People because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:25 AM
link   

Long time lurker, first poster here. Most of the time I just watch what is going on, but I felt compelled to respond to this one.

Reldra,
I feel for you, I really do. I know a lot of posters are saying "just get over it". It is just simply not that easy. The feelings of discontent, depression, "this is not my president", etc. will continue. People had told me basically the same thing, "time will make it better"... Unfortunately that was not the case with me, and may not be the case with you.

Luckily, I feel my 8 year nightmare is coming to an end. For the first time in almost 8 years, I feel like I have breathed a breath of fresh air. I have been in a better mood in the last two days, than I have been in a long time. I just hope that our new President Elect follows through on ALL (yes, I do mean all) of the campaign promises he made.

Hang in there. Even though we are on opposite sides of the fence, I know what you are feeling.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 12:35 PM
link   
2008 - Obama has no experience! Boo!
2016 - Trump has no experience! Yay!

Our nations crops are in DIRE need of electrolytes.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Idiot+Democracy=Idiocracy.

It is a satire of future American political and social culture.

Idiocracy is what we have been living under Obama, the left just wasn't smart enough to see it.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Soylent Green Is People

Because the title of this thread was probably in reference to that specific film, and the title of the film was "Idiocracy" and not "idiocy".

And, as AugustusMasonicus mentioned above, the film used that title as an intentional combination of Idiocy + democracy as part of the satire that the film was.

Yeah, well have any of you actually watched that movie?... Because it seems that under Obama and under the control of the left we were/are living in an "Idiocracy"... BLM demanding University staff, including student leaders to resign, for being white... As if the color of a person's skin makes him/her a better candidate...

The left calling Republicans as "extremists" meanwhile BLM calls for the death of white people and police officers and you have President Obama and the left in general stand behind BLM...

We have lost tens of thousands of jobs because Obama and his administration have put in regulations "to combat climate change" and at the same time President Obama tells truckers "you know, you can pay us a fee and you don't have to abide by the rules...because you know...ahem...paying me, I mean us is going to make Global warming stop... Yeah... You see, you have to be a rocket scientist to understand this...ahem..."

Not to mention that even after losing so many jobs the left, and the Obama administration claims "the economy of the country is fine folks" and the left applauds this sham like he was a savior of mankind...

We have been, and are living in an idiocracy already... You just didn't seem to notice.

edit on 10-11-2016 by ElectricUniverse because: add and correct comment.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 02:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: ElectricUniverse
Idiocracy is what we have been living under Obama, the left just wasn't smart enough to see it.

The film is more than just politics, it is also a commentary on the consumerist mindset and the overall dumbing down of society.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 09:32 PM
link   
My boyfriend and I dusted off our old DVD copy of Idiocracy just yesterday and had a movie night to mourn the turn of events in this election. In my opinion the election couldn't have turned out well no matter who won, so now we just truck on and I swear to take out anyone who suggests we start watering our crops with Gatorade...

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join