It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sleeping Paralysis question.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 05:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: anotherside
I've woken to hear 2deep male voices discussing that I'm waking up.

I've done that a couple of times, only it's usually more of a discussion between maybe a half dozen people commenting on things I should have done that day, then they note that I'm waking up and it all fades away.

I suppose it's sub-personas getting together behind the scenes. We're all multiple personalities, it's just that most of us have cooperative ones.

posted on Nov, 10 2016 @ 08:02 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

Good Lord, man!

You were way braver than me at that age. I would have slept in the yard or something.

Your lens-monster is a lot like my kleenex-box-spider, to me somehow.

One of my favorite answers to the fear question came from an ATS member who's name I can't remember.

They offered that the fear came because the experience of sleep paralysis was a sort of alarm system that would cause our journeying "spirit" to return to the body because something wasn't quite ideal physiologically for journeying, and that the fear was from not recognizing ourselves as we approached our body for re-entry.

I don't know if it's true or not but I sure like the way it rolls.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 02:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dan00
Your lens-monster is a lot like my kleenex-box-spider, to me somehow.

That's what made me recall it. I had maybe a half dozen visits from the lens monster. And as monsters go, it's always seemed to me as an adult to be quite atypical for things a kid would come up with. I remember one of the first times I saw it, there was enough light in the room, and there was writing on the barrel just back of the lens. I remember trying to change position to try to read it, but it wasn't in letters I could recognize. For some reason that really bothered me, and made it even creepier.

...and that the fear was from not recognizing ourselves as we approached our body for re-entry.

I know my face would scare ME. Especially all drooly and uncombed.

I have, until I figured out it was me I was hearing, scared the crap out of myself in SP with the sound of my breath. There's a weird sort of detachment from my body that I feel, not only can I not control my breathing I can't feel myself breath, exactly.

posted on Nov, 11 2016 @ 10:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I have, until I figured out it was me I was hearing, scared the crap out of myself in SP with the sound of my breath.

I have truly taken that to heart. Your explanation of it being breathing is now going to be my go-to when it comes to the roaring noise and scratching. I have a broad pair of maxilla and a badly deviated septum; I get lots of resonance in there and I can imagine how it might add to the sensation of "tangibility" that I mentioned.

You've done a really brilliant job of grinding it all down in to its elements and I suspect you have a couple 3 more years of experience with this sort of thing than I do.

I've enjoyed this very much.

posted on Nov, 16 2016 @ 02:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Dan00

Thanks for the interesting story
. Iv'e felt strong fear from these type of experiances before, but not as an intense as you say.

I'm still not sure if it is due to negative entities or just a brain phenomena.

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Good evening Blueman

This youtube clip regarding our dreaming state may be of some benefit for you and your situation.

youtu.be...

posted on Mar, 26 2017 @ 08:00 AM
link   
One of my friends had sleep paralysis and told me that it terrified them, and it didn't sound like a good experience. I think that sometimes it can be almost something that is caused by your thoughts, like some kind of subliminal message you might be sending to your self.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join