It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

F-22, F-35 Outsmart Test Ranges, AWACS

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 09:38 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Oh, there's a good chance it's on several aircraft that we know about that are flying around. They'll just keep that aspect of it very quiet and won't tell anyone. It's almost certainly on at least a couple of the black aircraft that I know about.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 09:42 PM
link   
This article says they are currently testing the JSM at Edwards.

2016-11-05 According to an article published on November 4, 2016 by Kenji Thulowei, Public Affairs Office with the 412th Test Wing at Edwards AFB, the wing is in the process of conducting tests on the Norwegian Joint Strike missile which will eventually operate from the F-35.

One advantage of the F-35, is that a nation’s missiles integrated onto “their” F-35 is integratabtle onto every one else’s similar variant of the F-35.

The JSM is an advanced missile made of composite materials and uses stealth technology. It has air intakes, fold-out wings and tail fins. The navigation system supports terrain-following flight and can be used against sea- and land-based targets.

The long standoff range (distance from the aircraft to the target) ensures that the aircraft and pilots remain out of harm’s way.

JSM has sophisticated target acquisition capability that uses Autonomous Target Recognition, made possible by an imaging infrared seeker.

It is the only fifth-generation cruise missile that will be integrated on the F-35 and also available for integration on other aircraft intended for offensive anti-surface warfare (OASuW) applications.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 09:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58
a reply to: seagull
It's almost certainly on at least a couple of the black aircraft that I know about.

I'll help you keep it secret...

Oh and this one too...

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Zaphod58

Oh yeah, and let's not forget - I mean let's forget - this one!

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:10 PM
link   

So the aircraft need a better way to transfer/receive the larger amount of data faster? Thats what I got out of that part. I just hope when they start designing aircraft with that system as standard equipment it doesn`t decide to go all "skynet" on us.

So does this mean the aggressor squadron needs to move to actual foreign aircraft to train against the F22, F35s the next ones yet to be announced?

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

edit on 11/8/2016 by Zaphod58 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:11 PM
link   

yep.
there's some heavy duty processing going on.

I'm wondering if they are using gpu type procesors or risc processors.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:17 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

The F-35 is the first to use mostly fiberoptics, and off the shelf software language. It uses an integrated core processor, with PowerPC with C++ instead of Ada or one of the military languages.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Don't start that! He has already ruined enough of my ATS reading lately...

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bfirez

RISC PowerPC processors. Each block will upgrade the processor until eventually they're into quadcores, using Ada and C++ for languages.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:47 PM
link   

quite recently microsoft came out with some fpga chips that they are using for their ai.

i wonder if they didn't tap microsoft as well for some upgrades.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 10:51 PM
link   

They're pretty limited in what they can do, based on the cards the system can take.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 11:19 PM
link   

wellll..... if they are using standard connections.

the fpga stuff goes on the network card. helps to speed up the network.

so if it's a standard card they can switch it. theoretically of course.

posted on Nov, 8 2016 @ 11:20 PM
link   

They can't use standard cards. They still have to meet milspec standards. The processors can be civilian, but the cards themselves have to meet milspec.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:42 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Those are purty. What's the name on the second one?

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Crumbles

The "F-19 Nonexistent".

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:47 AM
link   

The real picture on the runway is the f-19? Looks completely different from artist conception.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:48 AM
link   

That's the third one. That's the YF-23. The first two were the Testors and Revell versions of the F-19, which everyone thought was the F-117.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: Crumbles

The real picture on the runway is the f-19? Looks completely different from artist conception.

No the second one (on the runway) is the YF-23.

It was the jet that lost vs the F-22.

posted on Nov, 9 2016 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zaphod58

That's the third one. That's the YF-23. The first two were the Testors and Revell versions of the F-19, which everyone thought was the F-117.

Not everyone.

Some of us know better.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join